Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Problem with the server? Yes, lack of maturity.

Post subject: Problem with the server? Yes, lack of maturity.
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:11 pm 

IGN: 1pnoe
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 2.9 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 5
Zombies Killed: 28

I'm not a bandit!

I appears I was banned, by simply trying to appeal the ban of a fellow player - banned for "grow a dick hacker" - simply for having the 'Supermenu' folders in his Arma 2 directory.

A little context here. Previously we had been playing Armex, and we regularly use this menu in the private non battle eye game for added fun. In no way is it possible for us to use this in a public game nor would we wish to. 'Nalty' simply forgot to delete these files before joining this server.

Speaking to fellow survivors on the server, it appears that the Admin has been doing the same repeated nonsensical banning of genuine players and adding profanities to the ban messages. You may class this as an appeal if you wish, but i want this to be more of a message to the admin to know that this is bullshit and will turn players away from the server.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a reply.

Regards

1pnoe

Post subject: Re: Problem with the server? Yes, lack of maturity.
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
1. There is absolutely no way I can determine why someone has scripts on their PC, I see that they have them that alone is against the rules.

2. Your word against mine is irrelevant I don't care what your friends reasons for having the scripts is as I told you. Anyone who even knows where to download things like that is not welcome on my server. If I unbanned everyone who appealed having scripts on their PC we wouldn't have any of the countless bans we have, nor a hacker free server.

3. You were temp banned for 72 hours, for arguing with me about my servers rules. Feel free to come back after your friends ban won't be revoked though.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Oh and by "fellow players" you mean Keanestas friend, who did indeed also use the same line when he was banned, he claimed the scripts he had could be used to "crash the computers of anyone using hacks" when he was hosting and ARMA 2 server. Do you think that is a justifiable reason to unban someone? Being that it is not even possible with sqf?

Everyone else on the server seemed to have no issue with me banning him.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:18 pm 

IGN: 1pnoe
Time Alive: 2.9 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 5
Zombies Killed: 28

I'm not a bandit!
I wasn't arguing against the server's rules, I was questioning your judgement - fuck me right?

How come you are gaining unauthorized access to our PC's in any case? That is appalling.

Your ignorance to the players of this server has dumbfounded me. Do not expect my return.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:22 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
1pnoe wrote:
I wasn't arguing against the server's rules, I was questioning your judgement - fuck me right?

How come you are gaining unauthorized access to our PC's in any case? That is appalling.

Your ignorance to the players of this server has dumbfounded me. Do not expect my return.

Good

You are dumb I'm totally scanning your whole pc with sqf, we run the exact same anti hack script as any decent private hive, dayz origins, and breaking point. It attempts to execute known hacks in your directory as well as scanning for variables and actively blocking hacks. It doesn't scan for anything that isn't a known DayZ hack.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:29 pm 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
1pnoe wrote:

His money, his server, his rules, his call.

In about the 5-6 months I've been on the server, I never seen any hacker(s) personally, but I have heard of about 3-4 incidents within that time frame. Whatever he's doing, however he's doing it, it's working.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:10 pm 

IGN: [JT]X25Keanesta
Time Alive: 113.7 hrs
Humanity: 778

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 6
Deaths: 65
Zombies Killed: 1,396

I'm not a bandit!
It wasn't to crash their computers, you are right, it isn't possible. However it did freeze their game and stop them from hacking until they left though. Just saying.