Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Ban Appeal

Post subject: Ban Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:42 pm 

IGN: Laran
Current Life: 1.7 hrs
Time Alive: 33.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,061

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 2
Deaths: 9
Zombies Killed: 201

I'm not a bandit!
Hello.

Few hours from now my friends got banned for "duping" (I'm banned too because we share the same IP address).

Long story short: my friend killed himself because he was sick (Tuscani). My other friend (Aristo) took ghilee from him and wore it, but it duplicated and he had two ghilees in the bag. After that we all get banned (Laran, RealCogito, Asherit, Aristo, Tuscani).

Can you verify this, please?

~Laran

PS. Sorry for my bad englandino.

Post subject: Re: Ban Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Laran wrote:
Hello.

Few hours from now my friends got banned for "duping" (I'm banned too because we share the same IP address).

Long story short: my friend killed himself because he was sick (Tuscani). My other friend (Aristo) took ghilee from him and wore it, but it duplicated and he had two ghilees in the bag. After that we all get banned (Laran, RealCogito, Asherit, Aristo, Tuscani).

Can you verify this, please?

~Laran

PS. Sorry for my bad englandino.

I see more ghillies than that in my logs, your IP address has been unbanned your friends GUIDS have not.

I will do a full review of all their logs from their time in the server when I have some time but based on what I saw earlier it looks like intentional duping to me which is a ban for all involved. Check www.zerosurvival.net/rules if you are unsure of the rules.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:55 pm 

IGN: Laran
Current Life: 1.7 hrs
Time Alive: 33.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,061

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 2
Deaths: 9
Zombies Killed: 201

I'm not a bandit!
I can assure you that they didn't try to intentionally dupe items. Please take a closer look at this situaction when you have some time. We really enjoy playing on this "non-casual server".

Best regards,
Laran

PS. Why they would dupe item like this instead of some cool weapon (or antibiotics xD)?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:05 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Based on what I have seen in the logs I have reviewed the bans for your 3 friends will not be lifted. This looks very much like intentional glitching. Your friends can continue this discussion with me over in teamspeak if they would like to. However I do not wish to discuss the details of possible duping/glitching exploits here on the forum.

On this server if people find a glitch or an exploit with the mod or one of our scripts they report it to me. They do that because they know that I may be able to fix the problem, and because I will probably find out they did it anyway. We take a very firm stance on this kind of behavior, part of that relies on me trusting players as duping and glitching is always going to be possible in this game. Once a group is caught carrying out these kinds of things it is my policy to permaban them. In the past I've given people a second chance only for them to do the same thing again anyway.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]