Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Duper squad

Post subject: Duper squad
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:41 pm 

IGN: Adi_PL
Current Life: 4.3 hrs
Time Alive: 187.2 hrs
Humanity: 6,899

Murders: 5
Bandit Kills: 40
Deaths: 117
Zombies Killed: 748

I'm a hero!
There is the thing.. We were playing on these server for few weeks. We enjoyed playing here, cooperate with other hero clans, fighting bandits and of course there are sT guys ;).. Anyway people who knows us know we are peacefully heros. :p Since start we had respect for clans who are playing here bit longer and for sure.. for admins. But we all got baned and it's like not for no reason. Few times we duplicate our tents. I spoke with Seaweed and he realize me our mistakes. I guess we though it's not a big deal to inform about that admin. But it was. ;) We sorry for that. I know there are rules etc. But putting us equal to hackers.. I dont know.. what u guys thinking?

Post subject: Re: Duper squad
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:34 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Quote:
If a member of a squad breaks the rules the whole squad can be banned for breaching the same rule. It is your responsibility to make sure you and your players understand the rules.

No duping (duplicating items, gear, packs…anything)

If you find a bug report it to an admin so they can fix it, if you are found to have exploited bugs for your own benefit without notifying admins you will be banned permanently.

What is the point in having a rules page if I am going to unban everyone who said they didn't mean to break a rule (which by the way is 100% of people I speak to who have been banned).

Some facts about your ban

- I discovered one instance of duping the day I banned you, before that ban however I spent hours investigating back over my logs and saw more and more occasions of duping.
- Your squad duplicated tents on a number of occasions, this wasn't accidental it was premeditated and planned.
- When I spoke to your squad about this you first acted like you were not fully aware of it
- You told me it happened only once when I already knew this was not true.
- Several of you were online within a few metres of this guy on more than one occasion when he was duping tents
- You also tried to act like it was accidental, when I can see from my logs this is clearly not the case it happened multiple times on multiple occasions. If you discover a glitch once why do you go back and do the same again and again and again? Why not just drop the extra tent?

Duping is impossible to fix in DayZmod it relies on players to respect the rules and to not intentionally try to carry it out. I do not go around banning people when they accidentally duplicate an item. I do however ban people who find a glitch and then repeatedly exploit it for their own benefit without notifying an admin. It is no different to spawning in gear and you are kidding yourself if you think it is in any way acceptable.

Duplicating items is just as harmful to the game as hacking. When dayzmod launched originally there was a hugely prevalent duping glitch with tent and vehicle inventories. That one bug did more harm to the game than hackers ever did and is the main reason the public hive concept had to be abandoned on the mod.

It is my job as admin to make sure the server is as fair as possible for all of the players. If anyone on the server was duping items that affects everyones experience. It would be impossible to run a server with basebuilding without the huge number of logging tools I have had to create to monitor for these things. If I was to unban you not only myself but my other admins too would have to spend a massive amount of time closely monitoring absolutely everything your squad did.

We do this for everyone already on a different scale but it takes a huge amount of work and verification to make sure duping bans are correct. We've already been through this process before your ban was issued. Ultimately running a server free from dupers relies in part on the admins trust We build up this trust in players through intense scrutiny and logs and then we know we can spend our time watching the new players more closely. We no longer have any trust at all for your squad and its for this reason you will never be unbanned.

I didn't write rules just so I could let everyone off for breaking those rules because they said "oh its only happened once", "it was a bug" etc. Everyone has an excuse when they speak to me about a ban, thats why I make sure I am 100% positive about the validity of the ban in the first place before I issue it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:31 pm 

I'm a hero!
I can see that you are going to the point and you are crushing me with all force of arguments. D: I am not saying we are not guilty. I understand we lost yours trust. ;_; We dont have as big expierence in Dayz as you have and didnt realize its such a big deal. In my squad everybody had thier roles and nobody interfered in what other were doing. For example Artos was putting tents from aesthetic causes. After our tents was destroyed he duplicate few tents. Now he knows he shouldnt's do that no matter what :P. I know we fuck it up and me as a leader cuz i let that happen. You have 100% right thats not acceptable, but nobody from us never brings attention how many tents we had. That was reckless, we even see that perma is coming. As i told u i warned my ppl that may have problems for that... but u didn't fuck with us at all ^^.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:13 pm 

IGN: Investoren
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
Trying to asslick the admin to gain access on the server once again, wont help. You duped, you are banned, get over with it.

ps: im a bitch, cuz im fucking annoyed with cheaters. And I know all the shit SW have to go through every day with events like this.

Read rules - go play and follow them, not the other way around.

GL on your next server.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:41 pm 

I'm a hero!
My every attempt to change this decision is asslicking? Seaweed told me if i want to continue this discussion i should make a thread in ban appeals where everyone can see it.. and if every decision is irreversible so what for is that topic (ban appeals). An appeal is a process for requesting a formal change to an official decision. I understand your attitude cuz i got the same. Thank for speaking your mind even if that not helping our case. ;p And yeah thanks. We try something new and moving on epoch servs ;] but I will always have this fondness. heh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:17 pm 

IGN: Christoph
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Exeptions have been made in the past, even if the permaban normally would´ve applied, so I´d say it´s legit to appeal no matter what you did. (exept hacking of course ´cuz you can´t do that unintentionally) In the case of Adi... well sad to see you guys go but this is definitly intentional exploiting. And the use of common sense as stated in the rules clearly call for a more severe punishment - yet not for this... rude tone.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:45 pm 

I'm a hero!
I don't know I understood what you wanted to say exactly by word rude tone... I am trying to converse... as you marked I have right to it. It wasn't my intention to be rude giving my opinion freely.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:28 pm 

IGN: Christoph
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Adi_PL wrote:
I don't know I understood what you wanted to say exactly by word rude tone... I am trying to converse... as you marked I have right to it. It wasn't my intention to be rude giving my opinion freely.

Sorry for the confusion, of course I looked into the direction of Investoren... ;-) Yet I understand why he´s losing his patience. ;-) GL & HF for you guys anyway!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:00 pm 

I'm a hero!
that confuse me a bit ^^ hehe yeah sure.. u too :]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]