Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Server Changelog

Post subject: Re: Server Changelog
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:36 am 

IGN: Hunter2000
Current Life: 5.7 hrs
Time Alive: 485.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,218

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 161
Zombies Killed: 7,863

I'm not a bandit!
GPS already has an overwhelming advantage that it is both map and compass in one item so for storage purpose it takes only 1 weapon slot while Compass+Map takes 2. Furthermore GPS also allows to know your exact coordinates regardless of what you see or don't see which is valuable..

Technically GPS device would allow for markers IRL but then it would be too powerful.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:41 pm 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs
Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I actualy like the idea a lot ^^ while not beeing as hardcore as many want it to be it is realistic and i feel that that is what makes dayz so awsome.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:02 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
I'm finding that using my compass with my map like I would do IRL along with having a GPS to know my current location I am becoming more and more capable of navigating just as well as I would have with the markers. It requires a little bit more effort but I prefer it SO much more. Ranging and sniping is much more fun now and rewarding when you get the range right. I also feel much more immersed in the game since I am actually paying attention to where I am, where my squad mates are and where we are going.

If people are having complaints about the removal of markers then I think they should find an easier game :D. I think it will still take some time for me to become really effective without markers but i'm getting there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:40 am 

IGN: reen624
Current Life: 11.0 hrs
Time Alive: 241.8 hrs
Humanity: 35,766

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 63
Deaths: 99
Zombies Killed: 2,202

I'm a hero!
I said that weeeeks ago... finally its gettin attention :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
14/04/2014

Added 4 New BEC Commands - Thanks to some assistance from the BEC devs I've written my own plugin that allows you to trigger a global message on the server. The following commands are now supported in chat:

!crybaby - Display a message warning a players abouts being a cry baby over dying
!basebuilding - Displays a link to the basebuilding guide
!rules - Displays a link to the rules page
!vehicles - Displays a message showing the maximum number of vehicles that can spawn
!time - Displays timezone information

Please don't spam the commands, but definitely use them to help new players understand how the server works when they ask relevant questions. I would definitely like to see !crybaby being used as much as possible when people are getting their knickers in a twist just because they were killed.

I believe you can also send the message only to the player in question by doing !crybaby Eberteby for example.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:49 am 

IGN: luki
Current Life: 1.6 hrs
Time Alive: 35.5 hrs
Humanity: -1,459

Murders: 5
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 36
Zombies Killed: 125

I'm a bandit!
please can you change the zombies a little? I really like harder conditions on dayzmod, BUT anyway, these bastards here in your mod are running too fast, they even hit you during running... - lets say, they are massive "sprinters" :D :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:03 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
TiMEDANCE wrote:
please can you change the zombies a little? I really like harder conditions on dayzmod, BUT anyway, these bastards here in your mod are running too fast, they even hit you during running... - lets say, they are massive "sprinters" :D :P

My zombies were until recently completely unchanged from vanilla dayzmod. More recently I changed some small
agro related things, mostly they are totally vanilla tho. All the things you list are present in the vanilla 1.8 zombies too, speed, max numbers, attack radius etc are all vanilla. The speed won't be lowered, dayzmod zombies pretty much have to move stupidly quick for them to be any kind of threat to players.

Unfortunately this also means they will also be buggy and annoying sometimes, thats always going to happen in the mod. I would rather be slightly annoyed sometimes and have a zombie thats actually hard than the crap slow ones you can totally ignore that other mods have.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:17 am 

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
TiMEDANCE wrote:

My zombies were until recently completely unchanged from vanilla dayzmod. More recently I changed some small
agro related things, mostly they are totally vanilla tho. All the things you list are present in the vanilla 1.8 zombies too, speed, max numbers, attack radius etc are all vanilla. The speed won't be lowered, dayzmod zombies pretty much have to move stupidly quick for them to be any kind of threat to players.

Unfortunately this also means they will also be buggy and annoying sometimes, thats always going to happen in the mod. I would rather be slightly annoyed sometimes and have a zombie thats actually hard than the crap slow ones you can totally ignore that other mods have.

hello :)

ok lets say vanilla zombies. But vanilla zombies in 1.8 are also crap... - they are too overpowered and supermutants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:34 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
TiMEDANCE wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
TiMEDANCE wrote:

hello :)

ok lets say vanilla zombies. But vanilla zombies in 1.8 are also crap... - they are too overpowered and supermutants

Yup and zombies in dayzmod will always be broken in one way or another, its a neverending game of compromises. I would go as far as to say its impossible to ever get zombies right in the mod based on how their pathfinding etc has to be coded for them to function.

I tried to avoid changing zombies at all for a long time because no matter what you change with them someone will always have an problem with them. I like the 1.8 zombies mostly and I've played the mod and every iteration of the zombies, they are actually a threat instead of just something you ignore.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:54 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
15/04/2014

One more BEC Command - !time will announce globally the timezone of the server, and if there's day/night. Useful for people who login and ask "does this server have night" "what time is it on this server" etc.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:01 pm 

I'm a bandit!
do we have also night? it would be great :)
Sometimes I play on 20:00 - and its still daylight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
TiMEDANCE wrote:
do we have also night? it would be great :)
Sometimes I play on 20:00 - and its still daylight

type !time in game and find out!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
21/04/2014 (from next restart)

Disappearing Vehicle Bug Fixed - Some shoddy code from opendayz was responsible for this one, but it took some time to track down the cause. The mod we added to clear all the wrecked vehicles from the road was only running client side. So the server still thought there were objects on the roads. At certain times the server would see your car inside a wreck which wasn't there for your client and decide to remove it from the game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:07 am 

IGN: Christoph
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:

Disappearing Vehicle Bug Fixed - Some shoddy code from opendayz was responsible for this one, but it took some time to track down the cause. The mod we added to clear all the wrecked vehicles from the road was only running client side. So the server still thought there were objects on the roads. At certain times the server would see your car inside a wreck which wasn't there for your client and decide to remove it from the game.

So my Client-Log was helpfull after all? :roll: Nice...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:34 am 

IGN: Mr. Pink
Current Life: 16.8 hrs
Time Alive: 298.0 hrs
Humanity: -78,939

Murders: 47
Deaths: 38
Zombies Killed: 1,627

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:

that's actually pretty funny.. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
22/04/2014 (from next restart)

New Air Vehicle Spawns - All the old plane spawns have been removed and Eby has made 30 new ones. He has tested all spawn points and its possible to take off from all of them without moving the plane. You might find some quite tricky however, because we are trolls and like to spectate people crashing planes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:45 pm 

IGN: Hunter2000
Current Life: 5.7 hrs
Time Alive: 485.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,218

Murders: 7
Deaths: 161
Zombies Killed: 7,863

I'm not a bandit!
Is it only Bi-planes or also Helicopters?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:29 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
RadX wrote:
Is it only Bi-planes or also Helicopters?

Only biplanes for now, going to give chopper spawns an update in a few days aswell.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:56 pm 

I'm a hero!
CARBUG still existing!

Kuhrier and Gaspasar died tonight in a freshspawned white Pickup found in Stary.
Disapeared on the way home. Great

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
reen624 wrote:
CARBUG still existing!

Kuhrier and Gaspasar died tonight in a freshspawned white Pickup found in Stary.

Yeah second one tonight :/

Was it still in a place where a roadblock would have been usually? We believe the one earlier was.

The server is definitely using the same code as client now when it was using the default before, so its a bit confusing how its still happening :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:41 pm 

I'm a hero!
Seaweed wrote:
reen624 wrote:
CARBUG still existing!

Yeah second one tonight :/

Was it still in a place where a roadblock would have been usually? We believe the one earlier was.

The server is definitely using the same code as client now when it was using the default before, so its a bit confusing how its still happening :oops:

Errm we found the car in stary between church and supermarket when u leave stary to the south west.
They died on the road out of pogorevka east of green mountain.

This spooky car is still there now after restart i guess. small hint if anybody is interested ^^

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Ah ha!

There's a second script, one script creates debris on the road in the predefined positions. A second script deletes this debris, presumably when you get more than a certain distance away from it. I think the delete script is deleting vehicles that happen to be in the place of debris as the deletion script is running.

I should have a patch prepared tonight to hopefully finally put this bug to rest.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:55 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
23/04/2014

- 2nd Bugfix for Disappearing Vehicles - 2nd attempt at fixing this bloody disappearing vehicles bug. There is 2 scripts that run with regards to debris. The first adds the items and the second deletes them when a player is far enough away. I think it could somehow have been possible the deletion one was deleting peoples cars when they were in the position of the old road debris. I've changed the deletion script now so that it never deletes anything on a road (there shouldn't be anything on them anyway). Fingers crossed we don't see this bug again, let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:46 pm 

IGN: Gaspasar
Time Alive: 128.6 hrs
Humanity: 7,911

Murders: 2
Bandit Kills: 23
Deaths: 40
Zombies Killed: 1,747

I'm a hero!
Eberteby wrote:
Only biplanes for now, going to give chopper spawns an update in a few days aswell.

Are you adding new Helicopters? Missing the Mi-17 from our old Server before we came to zerosurvival :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Gaspasar wrote:
Eberteby wrote:

Are you adding new Helicopters? Missing the Mi-17 from our old Server before we came to zerosurvival :(

Damage on the Mi-17 is too buggy imo, its literally impossible to hit a person inside or shoot it down without 50 cals and it can often be fully repaired with just 1 part because of buggy hitpoints.

2 man littlebird or a 2nd huey might make an appearance. I don't tend to put stuff like that in the change log straight away though as it's fun to surprise people, and it keeps things fairer as not every one reads this thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next