Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Server Changelog

Post subject: Re: Server Changelog
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:25 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Spawn selection has been requested by most regulars on the server to be disabled for quite some time.

Basically it ruins fights, if you kill anyone you know they will be back in 10 mins or so every time. You can kill 4 out of a squad of 5 at NEAF, but in 10 minutes the other 4 are all going to be back, over and over. It's too predictable and its not what dayz is about. It also turns cherno and elektro into even bigger noob deathmatches.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:36 am 

IGN: ElPip
Current Life: 1.3 hrs
Time Alive: 7.1 hrs
Humanity: 69

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 2
Deaths: 11
Zombies Killed: 158

I'm not a bandit!
I like it disabled!

Sometimes it's really annoying when trying to spawn near your clan mates, but as Seaweed mentioned, this will make fights close to the spawn points more "realistic".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:03 pm 

IGN: Smurf
Time Alive: 16.8 hrs
Humanity: -12,964

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 13
Deaths: 17
Zombies Killed: 276

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I like it disabled to, however - since I never cared about stats, I just respawn until I get what I want.
Costs a few minutes though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:33 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
I once played on a server where you had a 30 seconds timer after being killed before you were able to spawn again.
I don't know how the admin implemented that, but I really liked it.

If you wanted to spawn in Berenzino, it sometimes took you 10 minutes --> perfect!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:15 pm 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs
Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I have played with it for a bit and was originally in favor but i am not anymore.

Sometimes you just spawn in the middle of nowhere and it takes 10 minutes to get to some place worth remembering the name of and once you are there you are there allone ^^

Killing oneself is the ovious solution to that but sometimes not even zeds are around and it will take forever, not to mention the ruined stats.

While it does take away the clusterfucks on fights we wanted to avoid with this it also makes dayz much more of a walking simulator than it already is.

I would be in favor of trying out a 5-10 minutes timer before chosing the new spawn and seeing how that affects the game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:06 am 

I'm not a bandit!
Benuar wrote:
I would be in favor of trying out a 5-10 minutes timer before chosing the new spawn and seeing how that affects the game.

Yes, that really sounds great! But it should be closer to 10min than to 5min...
Can this be implemented easily?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:08 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
ElPip wrote:
Benuar wrote:

Yes, that really sounds great! But it should be closer to 10min than to 5min...
Can this be implemented easily?

It could be, but not in any way that couldn't be worked around by relogging at the right time, which would also lead to corpses disappearing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:27 am 

IGN: Wojciech
Current Life: 21.2 hrs
Time Alive: 458.4 hrs
Humanity: -198,816

Murders: 93
Bandit Kills: 136
Deaths: 168
Zombies Killed: 4,476

I'm a bandit!
Not really necesary in my opinion. We already have disappearing guns and no spawn selection.
I actually remember one of biggest fights I've ever seen in DayZ, which was fight for Berezino when Hummve was in use by Mr. Zilvervis. I think it turned into really interesting fight, where fully geared fighters turned into hatchet-warriors within 30 mins and battle continued for next hour or even more. Even 2 planes were involved, one crashed on purpose into Hummve. :D
I think that's example, where spawn selection allowed really good fight to happen.
We all play on same rules, respawning was always part of DayZ and you have to adapt to it. Hoping that you can gear up easily by killing somebody near coast is by its nature quite risky (and spawn delay/selection will not change it).
In my opinion having spawn selection disabled + timeout of spawn + houndreds of players who reagulary die of zeds or in strange fights over electro, will definatelly hit the player count badly. My suggestion is to adapt to DayZ-reality and fight away from coast if you want to minimise problem.

I don't mind having spawn selection disabled. But time delay in addition? That's just too much.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:38 am 

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
i did not mean the time delay to be an addition, i was hoping for a time delay before i can choose my spawn.

Would it be possible to ban people for 5 mins if they leave the game during their death timer?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:49 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
wojos1Artist wrote:
Not really necesary in my opinion. We already have disappearing guns and no spawn selection.
I actually remember one of biggest fights I've ever seen in DayZ, which was fight for Berezino when Hummve was in use by Mr. Zilvervis. I think it turned into really interesting fight, where fully geared fighters turned into hatchet-warriors within 30 mins and battle continued for next hour or even more. Even 2 planes were involved, one crashed on purpose into Hummve. :D
I think that's example, where spawn selection allowed really good fight to happen.
We all play on same rules, respawning was always part of DayZ and you have to adapt to it. Hoping that you can gear up easily by killing somebody near coast is by its nature quite risky (and spawn delay/selection will not change it).
In my opinion having spawn selection disabled + timeout of spawn + houndreds of players who reagulary die of zeds or in strange fights over electro, will definatelly hit the player count badly. My suggestion is to adapt to DayZ-reality and fight away from coast if you want to minimise problem.

I don't mind having spawn selection disabled. But time delay in addition? That's just too much.

I'm not changing anything, the options are these:

Spawn selection on
Spawn selection off

I'm not adding any timers etc. Spawn selection has never been a part of dayz until the recent 1.8 patch and its a feature I have always hated. I see how it affects the gameplay both before and after it has been added to the game and I've played and of course spectated tons of dayz with it enabled and disabled.

For me I hate it, I think its a terrible feature and has no place in the game. It ruins squad fights your example makes out that spawn selection improved your squad fight. That's not true at all, people ALWAYS run back to the bodies in a good squad fight. The shitty boring thing about spawn selection is the amount of time it takes them doesn't vary. Kill 4 people at the same time they will all be back within a few minutes of each other. The dynamic was way more interesting with random spawns.

Spawn selection is too predictable, it makes the coast even more of a deathmatch because people consistently chose the same spawn over and over. I have received more requests to disable spawn selection than I have for any other change on this server.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:51 am 

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
Then leave it disabled=) we will all learn to live with it XD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:58 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Benuar wrote:
Then leave it disabled=) we will all learn to live with it XD

We'll see, if its like death messages and it kills player count then it can be enabled again, too early to say atm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:05 am 

IGN: Arfour Foulkesayke
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 62.0 hrs
Humanity: 6,962

Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 23
Zombies Killed: 725

I'm a hero!
I like it disabled for the very reasons Seaweed listed above. It just ruins fights, when you have to expect the very same guys you finally managed to kill in a fight attacking you from behind mere minutes later. And again. And again. Because yolowhatdoicarenowilosteverythinganywayjustrunforitagainandagain.

But a timer? No thanks. I for a start would just end the game there, because it is frustrating enough to get killed, but to wait another ten minutes, just to start again from a random point of the map with no gear? Nope. So thank you Seaweed for the clarification on that. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:47 am 

I'm not a bandit!
I'd personally would like to see spawn selection turned off and have a 5min timer/ ban enabled. Because then I would probably think about gearing up in small cities and not let myself being killed until I spawn close to one of the major cities. Nobody would like to wait 30min just to spawn close to elektro... oh, maybe some would ;)

But if we/ the admin decide/s to just turn off spawn selection its ok for me!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
11/06/2014 (next restart)

Zombies tweaked again - Not sure if I went a bit too far and made them too easy, let me know how you find them, and I can tweak again if needed in my next patch.
- Infection chance has been reduced for all zombie types.
- Bleeding chance has been reduced
- Attack range reduced (3.6 to 3.2)
- Knockout chance reduced
Survivor camps increased - From 3 to 5, survivor camps spawn at server startup unlike crash sites which spawn over time.
Tree Chopping is done by server - Means if a tree is chopped down the damage is synced to all clients, even if they are logging in after its been chopped down.
Loot lockout timer reduced - 15 min loot lockout timer has been reduced to 5 mins as per the 1.8.2 changelogs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
13/06/2014

- Zombie Tweaks - Bleeding chances increased, attack damage increased.
- Full Moon Nights Disabled - We'll see if this kills player count or not

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21