Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next

Server Changelog

Post subject: Re: Server Changelog
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:15 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
Lovely :)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:30 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
Knock Out Players

Oh man. This is gonna be so much fun.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:01 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Seaweed wrote:
- Remove Clothing from Dead Bodies

YESSSSSSSSSS

this will make it even more realistic when i violate my victims dead body!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:53 pm 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
SNM! Omen wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
- Remove Clothing from Dead Bodies

YESSSSSSSSSS

this will make it even more realistic when i violate my victims dead body!!!

I don't think it actually removes the clothes off the dead player-model, just gives you a clothes parcel of whatever they happen to be wearing in your inventory lol. But I don't imagine that's gonna stop the "I just took off your clothes and put my nuts on your face" -type comments from you Omen :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:34 pm 

IGN: Kerrigar
Current Life: 15.3 hrs
Time Alive: 32.8 hrs
Humanity: -6,496

Murders: 5
Bandit Kills: 5
Deaths: 7
Zombies Killed: 245

I'm a bandit!
Once again thanks seaweed!
Also, are the custom soldier skins the ones you get from the soldier clothing item?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:18 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Kerrigar wrote:
Once again thanks seaweed!
Also, are the custom soldier skins the ones you get from the soldier clothing item?

Yeah anything that comes in a soldier clothing parcel (you get a random skin from these)

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:22 pm 

I'm a bandit!
One last question, weren't crowbars removed from the loot, think I read this somewhere?

Edit: Found it, change log said they were replaced with machetes, and I haven't seen any crowbars yet :/

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Kerrigar wrote:
One last question, weren't crowbars removed from the loot, think I read this somewhere?

Edit: Found it, change log said they were replaced with machetes, and I haven't seen any crowbars yet :/

I put them back when I added the knockout script, they are 50% less common than vanilla dayz.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:16 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Ok, I guess I'm just really unlucky then

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 pm 

IGN: [SFG] DKmintz
Current Life: 1.6 hrs
Time Alive: 28.3 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 5
Zombies Killed: 128

I'm not a bandit!
Questions re basebuilding.

The only gate that I have noticed is the (vehicle) barrier that raises and lowers.

Does this gate offer protection to a base, ie can u crawl under it for example (or vault).

Or is it simply that im not noticing other barriers/gates that are available to build?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:25 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
DKmintz wrote:
Questions re basebuilding.

The only gate that I have noticed is the (vehicle) barrier that raises and lowers.

Does this gate offer protection to a base, ie can u crawl under it for example (or vault).

Or is it simply that im not noticing other barriers/gates that are available to build?

Yeah its kind of confusing. The "gate" is meant to be the concrete blocks you can build, you use that in combination with an infostand to open and close the door. The infostands themselves have a number of bugs though due to various things.

This is what I recommend anyone setting up a base does.

- Have each member of your clan construct at least one wall each. They will always be "owner" of this wall and will have a remove option on it whenever they mouse wheel (provided they havent died before the server has had a restart). Remember to empty your main inventory before you try and remove the wall or you will lose the items to rebuild it.
- If you die you have to wait until after a server restart to remove your items because of another issue I've had to manually work around in the database.

I looked into sorting the gates and infostands so clans could use a code to get in and out but to be honest there's so many bugs and glitches which completely invalidate the use of them that I gave up.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:48 pm 

IGN: [SFG] DKmintz
Current Life: 1.6 hrs
Time Alive: 28.3 hrs

Murders: 1
Deaths: 5
Zombies Killed: 128

I'm not a bandit!
Thanks for replying.

Yeah basically what you have said about removing concrete blocks as a door is what we figured out as a fix.

All the work you guys have put into this is impressive and thanks again for letting us use slots on the server.

:)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:03 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
OP updated

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:10 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Seaweed wrote:
13/05/2013
- Remove vehicle Parts Bugfix - The annoying bug with 1.7.6.1 vehicles not repairing unless you are in the drivers seat also caused a bug in the remove vehicle parts script which a number of people have been abusing recently. I have made a workaround which I hope will work otherwise I will be disabling the code completely until the next dayz patch.

does this also work for refueling?

can multiple people help refuel now too? or is it still only the driver?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:18 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
13/05/2013
- Remove vehicle Parts Bugfix - The annoying bug with 1.7.6.1 vehicles not repairing unless you are in the drivers seat also caused a bug in the remove vehicle parts script which a number of people have been abusing recently. I have made a workaround which I hope will work otherwise I will be disabling the code completely until the next dayz patch.

does this also work for refueling?

can multiple people help refuel now too? or is it still only the driver?

Nope just a work around for the remove parts script to stop people duping infinite parts, that bug needs to be fixed in the clientside code afaik to fix the rest

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:38 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Seaweed wrote:
Nope just a work around for the remove parts script to stop people duping infinite parts, that bug needs to be fixed in the clientside code afaik to fix the rest

i still dont know how people did it lol. i tried once but couldnt figure it out. i think it happened to me one time without trying on a GAZ, at the lighthouse by krutoy cap. but never happened to me again.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:48 am 

IGN: limbless_torso
Time Alive: 138.7 hrs
Humanity: -53,694

Murders: 57
Bandit Kills: 17
Deaths: 83
Zombies Killed: 1,130

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
- Number of max planes is now 1 - I am bored of people saying planes are OP so have reduced the numbers to a max of 1, not that I agree with it. If they are so OP and easy how come no one else can use them effectively or even land them?

this is weaksauce! fuck the haters.

why do people moan so much about it, they have just as much chance to get a "flying tank" as we do. its just our pilots have spent the time getting good.... plus we have blown up a moving plane in somebody else's possession before. and if you think about it logically how easy do you think it is to shoot down a fucking plane from the ground with nothing but what are essentially light weapons...... how many 5.56mm bullets does it take to rip a plane apart - an absolute fucktonne . perhaps if people didn't attract us to them by unloading clips into a moving plane 500m away we wouldnt have noticed them and therefore not killed them. maybe we should add a stinger or javelin(or other equivelant locking rocket launcher) to the game and make it super rare...... like really super rare! at least that way people would have a possible way to bring it down easily, its just it would take teamwork to do(as somebody would have to be without a backpack) just like it takes teamwork to acquire and fuel and defend a plane.

not raging bro's and i know we as a server have to watch power creep, but is nerfing something because a few people are good at it the right way???

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:31 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
limbless_torso wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
- Number of max planes is now 1 - I am bored of people saying planes are OP so have reduced the numbers to a max of 1, not that I agree with it. If they are so OP and easy how come no one else can use them effectively or even land them?

this is weaksauce! fuck the haters.

why do people moan so much about it, they have just as much chance to get a "flying tank" as we do. its just our pilots have spent the time getting good.... plus we have blown up a moving plane in somebody else's possession before. and if you think about it logically how easy do you think it is to shoot down a fucking plane from the ground with nothing but what are essentially light weapons...... how many 5.56mm bullets does it take to rip a plane apart - an absolute fucktonne . perhaps if people didn't attract us to them by unloading clips into a moving plane 500m away we wouldnt have noticed them and therefore not killed them. maybe we should add a stinger or javelin(or other equivelant locking rocket launcher) to the game and make it super rare...... like really super rare! at least that way people would have a possible way to bring it down easily, its just it would take teamwork to do(as somebody would have to be without a backpack) just like it takes teamwork to acquire and fuel and defend a plane.

not raging bro's and i know we as a server have to watch power creep, but is nerfing something because a few people are good at it the right way???

I agree with people that the damage value for the planes is fucked, but as I've said before it's not something I have any control over at all.

I like the idea of having some kind of launcher that will take them down too if that's really the issue, I even added extra m203 grenades to help recently. We had a server event for people to get more flight practice. The guns were added to the planes as a result of a forum poll and the damage value is the same in every dayz server. The OP argument is dumb and invalid imo and the only reason they have actually been capped is because SNM! (we have multiple pilots it's not all omen :P) were the only people who figured out how to fly effectively. Frankly I'm tired of all the hate especially when it's continually directed at me for the wrong reasons.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:47 pm 

No Gamer Profile
This is what BF3 did. all the people who cant master a gun/vehicle complained to the devs. The devs then nerfed the fuck out of everything in the game. Pathetic to say the least.

[edited] for crowd control

Im trying to come up with a logical reason why someone would say the planes are OP and the only thing i can come up with is, they are too shitty to fly & land one themselves.

Full and honest list of pros and cons of the biplane.

Pros -
1. Gets you places quickly
2. You can stalk quietly if you cut the engines far enough in advance
3. Very hard, not impossible, to shoot down
4. Fixed guns and 'fun' if you know how to use them, but pretty impractical. Really only good for anti little bird. (want to rules this out? remove guns)
5. Good for spotting from the sky, but very hard to do without crashing. You need to be low enough for objects to render while staying alert to your altitude and speed!

Cons -
1. The mounted guns are very hard to aim (want to rules this out? remove guns)
2. You need to get out of a plane to engage on the ground (i've been shot in the face by ownedtoast when i got out of my last one and gaffer stole one from me)
3. You are vulnerable for a good 10 minutes while you refuel that beast
4. Not easy to hide when you log off like the chopper is
5. Steep learning curve
6. Cant land anywhere unless you know what you're doing (learn2land)
7. You can be shot and hit while in the plane...it may not blow up but you can fuck up the pilot and passenger EASILY with any gun sans pistols!!!
8. People who dont know how to fly and land them cry about it so those who took the time to learn them have to stay on their level
9. You think landing is hard with the engines on? Try landing with them off. A skill learned for tactical insertion and hard to do right. But still one that took time and effort to learn.
10. Easily spotted by simply looking UP.
11. Can be heard at ranges over 1000m away.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:19 pm 

IGN: limbless_torso
Time Alive: 138.7 hrs
Humanity: -53,694

Murders: 57
Bandit Kills: 17
Deaths: 83
Zombies Killed: 1,130

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
Frankly I'm tired of all the hate especially when it's continually directed at me for the wrong reasons.

just to clarify that wasn't hate directed at you bro. I was writing to the unwashed masses =).

Seaweed wrote:
- Smelting Disabled - People were abusing this script to duplicate items, I will try adding some code in to try to prevent or at least log instances of duping so I can verify and ban the GUIDs later. Players who abused this bug already - don't be surprised if I delete your bases or ban you.
lol just seen that link too, brilliant!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:31 pm 

IGN: DMZ
Current Life: 4.2 hrs
Time Alive: 66.2 hrs
Humanity: -4,386

Murders: 6
Bandit Kills: 2
Deaths: 38
Zombies Killed: 2,150

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
Im trying to come up with a logical reason why someone would say the planes are OP and the only thing i can come up with is, they are too shitty to fly & land one themselves.

Point number 3 on your list: Very hard to shoot down.

No other vehicle has this property. None. Not even the Mi-17 takes as much gunfire as the biplane on this server does.

I have flown biplanes, Mi-17's and Hueys around, along with a couple of Little Birds. Each and every time the people shooting us down in the helicopters didn't have to do this by being only expert marksmen, but they had superior firepower. Firepower which was available to even loners.

Everything from the AKM to a Mod 0 can take down a little bird/Huey/Mi-17. That's a lot of weapons.

The biplane? M240, M249, MK 48 Mod 0, M203. That's it. The only guns capable of even hurting the plane. And the most commonly available weapon, the M203 with launcher, requires a LOT of skill to use. Even more than being able to aim for the cockpit and reliably hit that with the latency.

If you have a vehicle in the server that is only effectively taken out, while in the air, by 3 very rare weapons, you're doing something wrong.

I've pumped a lot of AKM/Sa-58 clips into the engine of a stationary biplane on the ground on this server. I've used five grenades on the hull (M67). Zero fucks were given by the plane. Shooting the pilot shouldn't be the only way to take out a plane in a game where knowing people's positions is worth any gun I can find.

And should you even get the chance to shoot him out of it, what's Omen's next move? With 5 or 6 possible spawns, he quickly runs to get another one, rendering your accomplishment useless, as he's in the air within 5-20 minutes. For comparison, there are less fixed spawns for the guns able to shoot the plane down.... than spawns for the plane. For this reason, I think the move to severely limit them is a very good one.

Result: Massive advantage to a pilot who knows what he is doing and has clanmates he can give priceless intel to while remaining unharmed. Were this different, Omen, your skill in the plane would be more appreciated.

This post is here so it's not only Omen's post and everybody agreeing with it. Thank you for making it more rare Seaweed.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:31 pm 

IGN: Lt. Shan Drew
Current Life: 3.1 hrs
Time Alive: 53.5 hrs

Murders: 0
Deaths: 11
Zombies Killed: 269

I'm not a bandit!
With my handful of biplane encounters, I only had one close call, all the other times I easily hid out of sight before I was spotted (at least I think haha). I don't know about shooting it down, but as long as you take it slow, it's not too difficult to hide from them

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:27 pm 

IGN: DMZ
Current Life: 4.2 hrs
Time Alive: 66.2 hrs
Humanity: -4,386

Murders: 6
Bandit Kills: 2
Deaths: 38
Zombies Killed: 2,150

I'm a bandit!
shandrew82 wrote:
With my handful of biplane encounters, I only had one close call, all the other times I easily hid out of sight before I was spotted (at least I think haha). I don't know about shooting it down, but as long as you take it slow, it's not too difficult to hide from them

Correct, avoiding it isn't terribly hard.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:30 am 

IGN: Deathdude
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 96.0 hrs

Murders: 14
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 26
Zombies Killed: 2,053

I'm not a bandit!
i don't think 1 plane is enough to be honest, needs to be at least 2 of them

if people whine to much tell them to load up the editor and learn to fly the damn thing themselves. Half of my deaths on this server are from me attempting to land a biplane (at least i'm trying, unlike most people. I actually managed to land one in the field next to devils castle the last time i tried, got it stuck on a tree though :D) and I've never complained about it, our only encounter with omen and his silent death plane ended in a draw...

You guys have said yourself that most of the people you kill when your flying around are people that shoot at you first, if people don't want to be killed by it, then why are they shooting at you?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:53 pm 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
Deathdude wrote:
You guys have said yourself that most of the people you kill when your flying around are people that shoot at you first, if people don't want to be killed by it, then why are they shooting at you?

Retard logic.

Idiot #1 - "Ugh, it's that flying tank again...so gay :x :roll:
Idiot #2 - :idea: "Hey, let's shoot at it and give away our positions to an enemy we can't hope to beat in the first place."
Idiot #1 - "Sounds fun. Let's do it!" :D
Idiot #2 - "Shall we act surprised and complain after?" :?
Idiot #1 - "You know it!". :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next