Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next

Server Changelog

Post subject: Re: Server Changelog
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:12 pm 

No Gamer Profile
konfuzius wrote:
well hey, thats how it should be. if zombie bites you/scratches you: infected. like in all thoose zombiemovies/series(twd) and stuff. I like it. survival is a focus again. last patch it was all deathmatch. now its a survial game again!

that sounds like fun!

gets infected, cant find antibiotics, suicides, lives again.

logs off for the night. cant wait to play again tomorrow!

you want realism? get infected, die, and uninstall the game. no ones coming back from the dead in the movies/shows....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:25 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
tomisafish wrote:
I haven't too much of a problem with infections. I just feel that the knockdown is incredibly overpowered with the combinations of more powerful zombies, higher infection rates, and the retarded agro.

Really had some fun with Eby earlier today. Had no bandages, ended up on about 1K blood or so. Eby was the only guy with matches so I hunted while he cooked. We bagged 2 pigs, 1 cow and a sheep on our way to Polana in order to get me topped off again. As we moved up to the store Eby spotted a single zombie agroing in to the shop. He pushes up closer to the shop (with only 10 AKM rounds) since he only spots one guy. I go prone with my CZ, spot a bandit with a DMR on the other side of the shop, take him out, have to sprint away because of the zombies, Eby deals with the other. Ended up being more happy about the Antibiotics, food and a box of matches, and finally a backpack, more than the DMR.

Everything just felt a bit more "real". I really like that it encourages hunting and living in the wild along with ammo conservation. Haven't had such rewarding kills in a while.
I think once you get past the god awful starting phase the game only needs a couple of tweaks like fixing knockdown. Still yet to loot an airfield though. Thats gonna be a bitch.

Personally I like the new patch, I don't find zombies overpowered, they are more like a real threat, I have the same feeling as playing like in July last year. I can't just run up to them, loot evrething, run out through a treeline and say goodbye to them. The infection rate should go down a bit though, that is true, this game isn't about finding antibiotics :) Also really like the idea of there being less zombies.

I'm also a fan of the new loot system. I used to pick up all the mags / bullets I found and saved them untill I had a weapon, then after some patches this wasn't necessary anymore but now it's again something I started doing. Love it to be able to find weapons knowing that I will also have to scavenge the bullets for it.

I think snipers will also have a harder time, if they shot 1 bullet and 5 zombiers will run up to them they gonna be in trouble :)

The ambush in Polana was cool indeed :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:39 pm 

IGN: [SFG] DKmintz
Current Life: 1.6 hrs
Time Alive: 28.3 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 5
Zombies Killed: 128

I'm not a bandit!
This latest patch brings the game to the survival sim that it was meant to be, and has completely refreshed dayz for me.

As far as the infection rates go, its just a case of learning how to play a game and how to use the strengths and weaknesses of the 'new' zombies to your advantage.

The trip feature of zombies forces a player to stop running like a loony through towns cos of the amount of aggro that invites. Instead im now sneaking through towns.

There is no biting animation in arma, so each hit from a zombie (to my imagination) is a bite. This means that the infection chance is actually pretty low (to make the mod playable). What happens in zombie lore when you get bitten? Your buddy shoots you in the eye and burns your corpse.

So yeah, this patch is taking the realism aspect to a whole new level.

As for saying if you want realism, once you die uninstall the mod.........well, I can only assume that was tongue in cheek.

All we want is a game we can play and enjoy. It was a pvp mod pre 1.7.7, with the added annoyance of terrible zombies. What our ideas of a game is, is personal to everyone, but despite the bugs this patch is what dayz was meant to be from the start.

Hopefully, this is a sign of what SA will be like.

Edit - about the game becoming more about antibiotics than bandages....yeah this is true. A buddy mentioned a fix to this could be that there is some kind of recipe that can be used in order to heal the infection. Maybe not to create an item, but to create an effect, so that yes you could stockpile a'biotics but also that once you are infected, a recipe is gathered then mixed to create a healing effect (toilet paper, pain killers and wood?).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:30 pm 

No Gamer Profile
DKmintz wrote:
As for saying if you want realism, once you die uninstall the mod.........well, I can only assume that was tongue in cheek.

yeah i was poking fun at people who want ultimate realism.

DKmintz wrote:
The trip feature of zombies forces a player to stop running like a loony through towns cos of the amount of aggro that invites. Instead im now sneaking through towns.

i will be waiting for you at the towns, while youre moving slowly & sneaking, I will be watching and lining you up in my crosshairs or iron sights...it will make killing you from a distance SOOO much easier. slow moving targets = easy to hit at any range. at least before, when you were fast in a town, it was more difficult for the bandits to shoot you. my humanity will plummet faster than ever now! woooot.

my reasoning for this...you have what i want. you presumably have antibiotics. you are also a risk for taking food and drinks that i could be using. i see everything that moves as an infected zombie.

i killed 3 poor souls last night because they were "sneaking" around. all 3 with pistols too. poor saps never knew what hit them.

see u around :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:35 pm 

IGN: [SFG] DKmintz
Current Life: 1.6 hrs
Time Alive: 28.3 hrs

Deaths: 5
Zombies Killed: 128

I'm not a bandit!
Haha

Well yeah lol well put, this much is obvious its true dude but theres more zombies than there is you and im not looting in all the usual places. And no matter how many times you see me, I will die more from zombies than I will from you which makes zombies (finally) the bigger threat.

But yeah, take your best shot cos iv just gone against an enfield with my hatchet and im still lootin ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:35 pm 

No Gamer Profile
DKmintz wrote:
Haha

Well yeah lol well put, this much is obvious its true dude but theres more zombies than there is you and im not looting in all the usual places. And no matter how many times you see me, I will die more from zombies than I will from you which makes zombies (finally) the bigger threat.

But yeah, take your best shot cos iv just gone against an enfield with my hatchet and im still lootin ;)

lol definitely. i like your style...TIME TO DIE!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:22 am 

IGN: limbless_torso
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 138.7 hrs
Humanity: -53,694

Murders: 57
Bandit Kills: 17
Deaths: 83
Zombies Killed: 1,130

I'm a bandit!
personally i see "infection" as having an infected wound rather than contracting whatever it is that made them into zombies. cos if antibiotics cured whatever it is that made you a zombie there wouldn't be any zombies. i see dayzizzle as playing more along the lines of L4D in that we "survivors" are actually immune to whatever (virus/bacteria) caused the zombies.
Even 28 weeks later strays into the realms of immunity to the rage virus and i see it as a plausible direction for the lore to go.

this isnt a rant at any1 just my thoughts as to the lore of the game.

with this in mind i'd like to see the infection rate go down a bit but i like how surviving has become hard again!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
14/06/2013
- Anti Hax Update - Should help with FPS drops, and general improved security
- Battle Eye Filters Updated - More secure set of filters added, let me know if you get a random BE kick please.
- Server Locked to Daytime - The full moons they added in the new patch don't work - I can work around this but its gonna take me at least a few days. Until I do we are back to 7am on every server restart...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:39 pm 

IGN: Sam Gatsby
Current Life: 1.2 hrs
Time Alive: 1.2 hrs
Humanity: 534

Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 10

I have a Mt. Dew on me!
I'm not a bandit!
"i will be waiting for you at the towns, while youre moving slowly & sneaking, I will be watching and lining you up in my crosshairs or iron sights...it will make killing you from a distance SOOO much easier. slow moving targets = easy to hit at any range. at least before, when you were fast in a town, it was more difficult for the bandits to shoot you. my humanity will plummet faster than ever now! woooot. "

well at your current rate of one kill every 3 hours the zombies are actually way more dangerous than you are :)

"gets infected, cant find antibiotics, suicides, lives again. "

I played 1.7.7 and I never had to suicide cause of an infection (I got infected a few times but I managed to pick up some antibiotics or shoot a guy who had some ;) ). why you let them hit you anyway? you could just shoot/hatchet /outsmart them ...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:06 pm 

IGN: Deathdude
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 96.0 hrs

Murders: 14
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 26
Zombies Killed: 2,053

I'm not a bandit!
zombies suddenly (read randomly, when you have zero visibility and not moving and they are looking the other way) lunging at you from 10 feet away at FTL speeds kinda makes it impossible to not get hit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:25 pm 

No Gamer Profile
konfuzius wrote:
well at your current rate of one kill every 3 hours the zombies are actually way more dangerous than you are :)

gg on the math [end sarcasm]

i play up north, flying my plane and guided my team mates to your demise...i think i will switch it up for you and camp the towns. pretty sure ive killed you, and your entire group once or twice ;)

this patch may even help people like you get a KD higher than 1.3

it was nice joining the server when it was popular huh? made it easier to kill fresh spawns lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
konfuzius wrote:

gg on the math [end sarcasm]

i play up north, flying my plane and guided my team mates to your demise...i think i will switch it up for you and camp the towns. pretty sure ive killed you, and your entire group once or twice ;)

this patch may even help people like you get a KD higher than 1.3

it was nice joining the server when it was popular huh? made it easier to kill fresh spawns lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:52 pm 

No Gamer Profile
banter makes for more fun when one person kills the other...the victory is that much sweeter.

my lady was like "baby, you should talk a lot of shit in game to everyone so that try to find and kill you and then when they come to you, shoot the shit out of them"

i said to her "no, seaweed gets mad at me when i do that"

she says "oh no! u killed olo"

i told her to STFU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:46 am 

IGN: Sam Gatsby
Current Life: 1.2 hrs
Time Alive: 1.2 hrs
Humanity: 534

Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 10

I have a Mt. Dew on me!
I'm not a bandit!
"i will be waiting for you at the towns, while youre moving slowly & sneaking, I will be watching and lining you up in my crosshairs or iron sights...it will make killing you from a distance SOOO much easier. slow moving targets = easy to hit at any range. at least before, when you were fast in a town, it was more difficult for the bandits to shoot you. my humanity will plummet faster than ever now! woooot. "

but then you state

"i play up north, flying my plane and guided my team mates to your demise...i think i will switch it up for you and camp the towns. pretty sure ive killed you, and your entire group once or twice ;)"

so what are you doing exactly? split persona?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:17 pm 

IGN: ConnorGriffiths
Current Life: 9.3 hrs
Time Alive: 315.0 hrs
Humanity: -384,739

Murders: 200
Bandit Kills: 102
Deaths: 168
Zombies Killed: 3,105

I'm a bandit!
There are plenty of towns up north, i don't think i've ever seen Omen down south camping towns there unless its with a biplane scouting for his team.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:35 pm 

No Gamer Profile
konfuzius wrote:

so what are you doing exactly? split persona?

Did you miss the part where I said "i think i will switch it up for you and camp the towns."?

My persona is fine. Bro, do you even english?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 am 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/top ... changelog/

Seems like they gonna patch some things tomorrow, nothing special though

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:00 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
* [FIXED] - Zeds can knock you unconscious again.

yay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:03 pm 

No Gamer Profile
where is:

* [FIXED] All the shit we said we fixed in the original change log

i love this game but this is fucking depressing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:44 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Working stuff on the new 1.7.7.1 server:

- Debug monitor
- Base building
- Animated crash sites (just hueys and russian choppers atm dayz banned everything fun)
- Self bloodbag (8k blood, blood bag takes 60 seconds, 5 minute delay)
- Strip clothes
- Gut humans
- Remove parts from vehicles
- Increased chance of finding loot loot respawns quicker than default 1.7.7.1 code and other tweaks have been made to make loot more common. This can be increased more but I want to find a good balance, and starting too low is easier than starting too high...
- Custom loot table - This is very much my first release plenty more can be adjusted and tweaked. Antibiotics and meds have a higher chance of spawning, especially at hospitals. SVD, SVD_NSPU, M4SPR added.
- Vehicle spawn script fixed - No more spawning 5 of something when I tell it to spawn 1!!
- Nights disabled - There was no full moon last night, I will get the problem sorted within a few days hopefully in the mean time I have disabled nights.
- Anti Hax Updated - Fixes issues with 1.7.7.1 and adds new cheat detections, if you are having FPS issues contact me on teamspeak.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:28 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
I made some changes last night to bring the nights back they worked in my test server, we will find out tonight if they work in the main server.

The infection chance from zombies has been further reduced and antibiotics can be found at almost every hospital now. Crash sites and military locations are also a good source for antibiotics.

Thanks for those of you who put the time in to play under the new patch yesterday afternoon/night, your feedback was very useful. We had 20 people playing most of the night. Some people were complaining zombies were making them bleed too much now, nothing has been changed that should affect this though. I'm looking into zombies in general and there are changes I can make to help make them more like the 1.7.6.1 zombies.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Been trying to stop the repair parts list duplicating itself all day, still not worked that one out though :( On the upside these changes will be live after restart

- More guns, Bizon, L85 susat, AK107 variants (all military loot table only)
- Antibiotics spawn rate tweaked (decreased chance at military locations, seems ok just at hospitals with the decreased infection chance)
- Zombies tweaked
- Two types of tractor now spawn, because tractors are awesome https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/1950 ... _00001.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:53 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Played a bit last night too. It surprised me that it was night but I saw the moon!!!! (nice work)

zeds were being cock suckers but they were good. i didnt get infected by them yet but they did kick my ass a couple times. it was refreshing. found one antibiotics on a dead zed.

my fps was up by a lot. maybe lack of players but it felt real smooth.

self blood bagging was nice, no bugs.

so far so good. seems like the only issue left is the damn repair menu and rotated building. hopping on now to troubleshoot.

(around midnight my time, 5am yours)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Todays Changes

- New loot table for castles - The new patch had another dumb change in it, which was to spawn the military loot table (the one used in firestations and the tents at stary etc) for castle towers. I have created my own loot table instead just for this one building, feedback is encouraged.
- Logo in bottom right - It's a bit big at the moment, the new patch also allowed server owners to place a 6 character logo in the bottom left. I have upped the character limit and added the website name for now.
- Antihax updated

Still working on the bastard vehicle parts repair list, also tried to bring the guns back to the biplanes today with no luck :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:16 am 

IGN: Deathdude
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 96.0 hrs

Murders: 14
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 26
Zombies Killed: 2,053

I'm not a bandit!
i can confirm that the new guns in military loot is defiantly working. Found a Mk12 SPR and an L85 Susat in berezeno a couple of days ago (along with a makarov SD :D)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next