Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Server Changelog

Post subject: Re: Server Changelog
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:58 pm 

IGN: reen624
Current Life: 11.0 hrs
Time Alive: 241.8 hrs
Humanity: 35,766

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 63
Deaths: 99
Zombies Killed: 2,202

I'm a hero!
Hey ho!
like your updates, except 500 Humanity for burying. This is too much. Getting hero will be too simple in my opinion. Start at 2500 bury 5 people, which is easy in Elektro and u are a hero. No challenge in that!

Greets reen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
reen624 wrote:
Hey ho!
like your updates, except 500 Humanity for burying. This is too much. Getting hero will be too simple in my opinion. Start at 2500 bury 5 people, which is easy in Elektro and u are a hero. No challenge in that!

Greets reen

If you shoot a survivor as a hero you still have to bury at least 4 people to be a hero again though. I think a lot of people become "accidental" bandits with the current humanity system so the burying mechanic is intended to help them. The bandits don't struggle to keep humanity their humanity low but the heroes definitely struggle to raise it. If I notice a lot of bandits exploiting it for hero skins though it will be changed.

I am working on a whole new humanity system at the moment for gain/loss from kills which should help in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:19 pm 

IGN: Investoren
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
Is it somehow possible for you SW, to focus getting the server statlist up and running? I know you have alot of things going, just wonder if its possible to make that list a priority :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Investoren wrote:
Is it somehow possible for you SW, to focus getting the server statlist up and running? I know you have alot of things going, just wonder if its possible to make that list a priority :)

The tough part was going to be preserving a lot of the legacy information from the old database. At the moment its looking like more work than its worth though. I will speak to Bernard about it and see if we can put together a new one, based purely on information since 2014 or something. Its tough finding much development time at the moment with so many people to spectate each night but I'll do my best.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:06 pm 

I'm a hero!
Ok SeaWeed maybe you are right. It is definitely very very hard to stay a hero. One wrong guy and a lot of work is gone. Let´s try this!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:24 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
17/02/2014
- Bugfixes for strip clothes and Bury body - Couple of small tweaks to the strip and bury body scripts. Ken managed to bury the zeleno firestation last night this should prevent that from happening again :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:53 pm 

I'm a hero!
It was like hell came out of this hole under Zeleno firestation :evil:
Do not go there ever again. This place is haunted!

Attachments:
2014-02-16_00004.jpg
2014-02-16_00004.jpg [ 430.36 KiB | Viewed 11273 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:44 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
19/02/2014

- Door system reworked - The door system for the basebuilding concrete walls and gates has been reworked. The lowering of a gate is no longer local only to clients connected at that time. From now on if you die or login after a bases walls have been lowered they will still be lowered for you! Let me know if you find any bugs and remember never operate your infostand if your walls have not all finished lowering/raising
- Bury Body Humanity Reduction - I've reduced the humanity gain from burying a body to 200

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:13 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Apparently there's a small issue with the gate changes, I'll be reverting them until I have time to fix the issue

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
23/02/2014 (after 7pm restart)

- Removed Zelenogorsk Factory - This was a bit OP imo factory firestation and market all close together. For now I've just removed the factory but I do have some plans for a map revamp in a few areas when I get some more time. I was waiting on the 1.8.1 dayz patch as this patch is going to enable much more possibilities for map additions (trees roads rocks etc).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
01/03/2014

Automatic Bicycle Repair - Bicycles are now automatically repaired twice per day provided they have not been touched for at least 12 hours. Bicycles are also all still automatically re-spawned weekly currently on Thursdays.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:40 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
04/03/2014

Admin tool update - Made an update to the admin tools for improved logging of admin and client actions.
Item removal script bugfix - [Z.G]Marshall contacted me about a bug/glitch he found yesterday which could potentially be exploited. I have made some fixes to the item removal script to hopefully fix the issue and provide some additional serverside logging.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:06 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
05/03/2014

Added Admin Kill Messages - Added the ability of for the server admins to toggle kill messages on/off. We have logs of all kills online anyway but its nice when spectating to be able to see them live in-game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:58 am 

I'm a hero!
Seaweed u made Zeleno a dead town. Could u at least put one or two industrial spawn containers instead of construction site? Or remove fire station. Nobody wants a firestation :)
There was a lot of action before and now nothings goin on. I prefer to stay low but i think u changed a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:26 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
reen624 wrote:
Seaweed u made Zeleno a dead town. Could u at least put one or two industrial spawn containers instead of construction site? Or remove fire station. Nobody wants a firestation :)
There was a lot of action before and now nothings goin on. I prefer to stay low but i think u changed a lot.

The aim was to move action further North towards airfields, Stary and the Polana factory. It's working pretty well from what I've seen and any new map additions will be with the same aim in mind.

The firestation will be going anyway in future as dayzmod 1.8.1 have a hospital there instead, or at least they did in the last test patch I looked at.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:20 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
07/03/2014 (from after the 10pm restart)

Logging off at another persons base will kill your character - To prevent people breaking into bases, leaving people inside for long periods of time this change has been made. If you press escape and start to logoff within the radius of another persons flag (150m) you will see a warning. If you do not move away from the flag before you logout your character will be killed immediately on login.
Flag radius reduced - The radius you could build from your flag has been reduced from 200m to 150m. Please note you also should not build your own flag within at least 500m of another person flag.
Infopanel radius reduced - Infopanels will now operate all doors within 35m rather than the previous range of 100m. 35m may prove to be too low leaving the bases themselves too secure but we will see how it goes....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:56 pm 

IGN: nawrot
Time Alive: 393.0 hrs
Humanity: -5,582

Murders: 10
Bandit Kills: 4
Deaths: 65
Zombies Killed: 2,287

I'm a bandit!
If i add someone to the infostand, but not to a flag, can he log out in my flag radius?
And what happens if a restart catches someone in somebody else's flag radius?

edit: Breaking in to someones base requires spending some time at the enymys flags radius. During that time one can lose internet connection and get his charracter killed. Today we were braking in to a base for like 40min or so, and 2 of our players died because of this issue. In my opinion it's worth consideration, if this system is the best way to prevent players logging out in somebody elses base. Perhaps such behavior should just be treated same like combat logging - it needs to be reported/witnessed by other players and manually banned by admins.

Last edited by Nawrot on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
No he can't he has to be added to flag, and that's what restart warnings are for, there will always be a message if you are too close and you try and logout. If someone does die accidentally their body will be there so they can run back.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:47 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
08/03/2014

Added 60 sec grace period to logins at player bases - Guess it was wishful thinking of me to think no one would lose connection or crash at another persons base. You now have 60 seconds to move more than 150m away before you are killed, don't move back towards the base until you see the message informing you that you are far enough away.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:32 am 

IGN: nawrot
Time Alive: 393.0 hrs
Humanity: -5,582

Murders: 10
Bandit Kills: 4
Deaths: 65
Zombies Killed: 2,287

I'm a bandit!
Great idea!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:19 pm 

IGN: Nice Guy Eddie
Current Life: 8.2 hrs
Time Alive: 367.1 hrs
Humanity: -171,385

Murders: 81
Bandit Kills: 87
Deaths: 82
Zombies Killed: 2,096

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
08/03/2014

Added 60 sec grace period to logins at player bases - Guess it was wishful thinking of me to think no one would lose connection or crash at another persons base. You now have 60 seconds to move more than 150m away before you are killed, don't move back towards the base until you see the message informing you that you are far enough away.

This doesn't adress the issue of players logging out inside of someones buildings, coming back later (2-3 days) and destroying all the new gathered stuff.
Solutions would be either that you can not log out during those 60 seconds
or (which would be better but probably more difficult) that this player can not do anything (drive cars, fire weapon, throw grenade, put satchel charge) but run and come back again after 60 seconds.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:12 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
rCane wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
08/03/2014

This doesn't adress the issue of players logging out inside of someones buildings, coming back later (2-3 days) and destroying all the new gathered stuff.
or (which would be better but probably more difficult) that this player can not do anything (drive cars, fire weapon, throw grenade, put satchel charge) but run and come back again after 60 seconds.

It's impossible for me to code something for this and frankly it wasn't even needed until sT and RD started doing it to each other. If anyone does it again I will just ban them. I had to add the 60 second timer because of the sheer number of people who managed to kill themselves with it yesterday.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:36 pm 

IGN: Nice Guy Eddie
Current Life: 8.2 hrs
Time Alive: 367.1 hrs
Humanity: -171,385

Murders: 81
Bandit Kills: 87
Deaths: 82
Zombies Killed: 2,096

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
rCane wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
08/03/2014

It's impossible for me to code something for this and frankly it wasn't even needed until sT and RD started doing it to each other. If anyone does it again I will just ban them. I had to add the 60 second timer because of the sheer number of people who managed to kill themselves with it yesterday.

Also a good soultion. Fine with me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:32 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
09/03/2014

- Crashsite Messages - I've been working on this today, I hope it can lead to some interesting gameplay. I have added the radio item to the game. It can be found at barracks or crash sites. If you have a radio in your inventory you will see messages in the top left hand corner notifying you of helicopter crash sites when they crash.

By default you have a 33% chance to see the location of the crash site along with the message. The nearest town/village name only will be given, no coordinates.

You will have 30 seconds to view the message on screen before it disappears. You can improve your chances of seeing the location of the crash site by doing the following:

Build a radio tower (Land_Ind_IlluminantTower) and a generator (PowerGenerator_EP1) at your base. Provided you are also at the base you will have a 66% chance to see the location of crash sites.

This is my first version of this so suggestions are encouraged. I'm not sure if I will keep the percentage chances so high, especially when squads will eventually have multiple players with radios but its a starting point. One thing I thought about trying in a future version is maybe using players height above sealevel to influence the percentage. The idea being the higher up you are the better your radio signal is.

I think this change could lead to some great gameplay around the crashsites themselves with multiple squads racing to get to the loot or camping them. Let me know what you all think!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:20 pm 

IGN: Mr.Brown
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 0

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: -1
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm a bandit!
love it! is it maybe possible to add batteries you will need to operate the radio? the only hard thing is to find a balanced spawn chance for these things and what happens when someone shoots it down?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next