Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next

Server Changelog

Post subject: Re: Server Changelog
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:53 pm 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs
Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I must say i like the idea of having a limited number of objects per base. A smaller maximum base size will also limit the number of cars that can be stored id guess.

As for the bigger clans that should ofcourse not loose the advantage they have worked so hard for:

How about realy realy expensive basebuilding items that have a lower chance to get destroyed by toolboxes?

Like 3 options to build the same wall:

Option 1:

1 TTk 1 Scrapped Metal - Chance of getting destroyed when a toolbox is used = 30%/15%/8% (depending of how save you want bases to be in the end)

Option 2:

3 TTks 2 Scrapped Metal - Chance of getting destroyed when a toolbox is used = 20%/10%/5%

Option 3:

5 TTks 2 Scrapped Metal - Chance of getting destroyed when a toolbox is used = 10%/5%/3%

Like this clans with lot of supplies can make their base relativly save while clans with little can still get a wall or 2 up. The overall cance for a breakin to succeed would ofcourse go up a little and if you actualy make the 3 options look exactly the same there could also be an element of outthinking the base owner/thief with placing strong expensive walls in strategy positions.

Just an idea though so what do you guys think?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:40 pm 

IGN: Hunter2000
Current Life: 5.7 hrs
Time Alive: 485.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,218

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 161
Zombies Killed: 7,863

I'm not a bandit!
I have thinking about it

I think the appropriate, albeit not so realistic , control model could be described as AGC(Automatic Gain Control) in which past a certain pre-determined threshold the output gain is diminished(the gain in this case is defense structure effectiveness)

So lets say that the determined threshold is 15 structures per flag, any structure past that removes 5% from the defense rating of each structure, presumably because animals and zombies like to make a nest in thick walls ;) reducing its effectiveness.
This would encourage large clans to use their resources to build many smaller bases instead of one mega-base

2:
Another approach could be by introducing non-conventional weapons like zombie goo bomb that can infect a base with a toxic nerve agent: to remove it you have to clean all items of a base which can become really hard if you have a huge thick walled base.
its abit of a silly idea but maybe it could get you guys thinking in a good direction.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:55 pm 

IGN: Dampveivals
Current Life: 1.3 hrs
Time Alive: 716.8 hrs
Humanity: -462,507

Murders: 257
Bandit Kills: 163
Deaths: 189
Zombies Killed: 11,977

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
Benuar wrote:
I feel like theres a big difference between the established clans and the "newbies".

Breaking in one of the big bases that have 4-5-6 walls around them is very hard even for big clans and downright impossible for newcomers while everybody can break into one of the smaller bases with a little luck.

This leads to bigger clans securing their bases more and more becouse they dont loose the recourses so easily while small groups and especially 1 person bases that dont play as activly can take days to just close the hole that the last breakin left...

Yup this is a part of the problem, the biggest bases are near impossible to break into and its mostly the smaller bases that are generally raided. If you have 2-3 layers people usually don't even bother trying.

Some people have taken the Basebuilding to huge extremes to secure their precious items (check out the AH base sometime). Which just turns the game into a hoarding simulator and the gameplay is crappy.

Some things I have been thinking about experimenting with at the moment

- Item limit per flag for maximum number of basebuilding items per flag
- Limit on number of cars per flag
- New mechanic to make it easier or at least less repetitive to break into a big base
- Limit on number of tents/items within a base
- Limit the types of places that tents/stashes etc can be built in.

Of course some of these established clans have been building their bases here for well over a year. The time they have invested into building it should be rewarded with a more secure base than that of a newbie. However the disparity between the two is too great at the moment imo.

I'm not too worried about the hoarding of weapons and items, seeing as they are infinite. I'm more worried about the hoarding of vehicles, seeing as they are not infinite.

When the ability to add floating green containers and roofs was added, a lot of cool possibilities for bases arose. But sadly, vehicles became waaay too easy to hide with this change. Now you have to waste countless toolboxes just to even check if a vehicle is in a base.

Earlier most vehicles wouldn't last a week in a base, because people would just lob grenades on them or parachute down from a plane or chopper and chop them up with the hatchet. This meant that vehicles had to be used while you had them, cause you knew they'd be gone soon anyways. This also meant they changed owners constantly, and I loved that.

After roofs was added, I rarely see the good vehicles anymore (SUV, Humvee). Presumably because they are hidden in someones base. I know MM is also guilty of hoarding the good vehicles, but mostly because we know that once we lose the Humvee we won't be seeing it again for a looooong time (cba toolboxing 4-5 layers...). Also the possession of the best vehicles is, at least for me, some kind of endgame in a game "without an endgame".

Another problem is the fact that you don't lose any materials when you take down your own basebuilding items. This causes the TTK-economy to get really inflated, since TTKs never really disappear. They just get converted in to even more base building items. And the safest way to store these precious TTKs...is to just build more containers with them. It's like a never-ending arms-race, and the big bases just get bigger and bigger and even harder to break in to every day.

TL;DR: I don't really care about the hoarding of weapons and items in tents, since they are infinite in numbers. Vehicles, on the other hand, are not infinite, and I think vehicles should be used a lot and change owners a lot. And in my opinion, base building as it is right now is making it too easy to hoard vehicles, and it's having a very bad effect on vehicle gameplay.

I still love the base building aspect of the server, but it needs some tweaking :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:18 am 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
All in favor of goo bomb raise your hand.

Dampveivals wrote:
...This meant that vehicles had to be used while you had them, cause you knew they'd be gone soon anyways. This also meant they changed owners constantly, and I loved that...

TL;DR: I don't really care about the hoarding of weapons and items in tents, since they are infinite in numbers. Vehicles, on the other hand, are not infinite, and I think vehicles should be used a lot and change owners a lot. And in my opinion, base building as it is right now is making it too easy to hoard vehicles, and it's having a very bad effect on vehicle gameplay.

On a more serious note, I can agree with this completely and you have also raised some interesting points that touch on player mentality.

Currently Chernarus feels stagnant to me because of the very slow vehicle circulation at the moment.

The only time I ever see a Humvee or SUV anymore is when rolling with TS because ya know, they want to have fun! Many players find their "end game" or their "favorite thing in the game" and suddenly forget it's a game. They want to keep hold of it because they don't want to lose it. But where is the joy in that? Where is the game? Where is the thrill? The risk?

Hopefully Eby's new vehicles spawns will do a great deal to mitigate this problem but basically players need to chill out and remember why they love this game.

This post was originally longer but seemed irrelevant to post in the "Changelog" so I will be creating a new thread in which to further express my feelings on the topic so if you want to reply to me I suggest you do so -> here <-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:08 am 

IGN: Mr. White
Current Life: 6.9 hrs
Time Alive: 712.0 hrs
Humanity: -173,668

Murders: 82
Bandit Kills: 77
Deaths: 144
Zombies Killed: 4,722

I'm a bandit!
The idea of creating an arbitrary and artificial limit to base building seems very wrong to me.
In fact it would probably take away a huge part of my motivation to keep playing.
I am always pro realism and my main problem with this idea is that it is not a realistic approach.
On the other hand the inflation of tank trap kits is definitly not realistic as well.

My suggestion:

Maintenance

Instead of setting up limits I would like to see the implementation of a maintenance system.
When it comes to breaking in let the chance to fail decline over time if people dont take care of their base.
To prevent the chance from declining you have to invest tank traps regulary.
Bigger bases would require more maintenance and expansion would slow down a lot.
This could even be visualized by rusty/damaged textures so that potential burglars would know where to break in.

I am well aware that this requires much more coding than a simple limit but it would be realistic and add a total new element of long term gameplay.

ps. I think the new flag radius is too small :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:14 am 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs
Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I actual like this idea a lot!
This would give players that have been in the game for a long time something to work on instead of just having them rebuild a smaller, less save base and then camp it to keep it save.

It encurages map movement and will probably lead to a lot more action at the industrial hotspots.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:09 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Discussion in this thread has been good, keep it coming.

It's given me a few cool ideas which I'm definitely going to pursue further. It'll be a very big update requiring a lot of changes and work but I think it'll have a very positive effect on the gameplay. I'll start testing some things and working on it properly once my current work is completed (removing road debris).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:55 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
Discussion in this thread has been good, keep it coming.

It's given me a few cool ideas which I'm definitely going to pursue further. It'll be a very big update requiring a lot of changes and work but I think it'll have a very positive effect on the gameplay. I'll start testing some things and working on it properly once my current work is completed (removing road debris).

Just got my college work out of the way for the week. Gonna drive about in the editor and see where more roadblocks should go :D (suggestions welcome)

Last edited by tomisafish on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:37 pm 

IGN: Investoren
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
I like your hitlist Tom. Sexy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:36 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
Additional discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=785

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
20/03/2014 (after 10pm restart)

- Cleared roads - Great mod from here. The crap that spawned on the roads (often right into some peoples faces as they were driving) will no longer spawn. All non road debris should still be spawning. We plan to add our own roadblocks to some key locations soon to provide people with ambush spots for vehicles etc. For now though just put your foot down and enjoy the lack of washing machines spawning in your face :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:18 pm 

IGN: Joe AKA Jonas
Current Life: 0.4 hrs
Time Alive: 0.7 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 1
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
20/03/2014 (after 10pm restart)

- Cleared roads - Great mod from here. The crap that spawned on the roads (often right into some peoples faces as they were driving) will no longer spawn. All non road debris should still be spawning. We plan to add our own roadblocks to some key locations soon to provide people with ambush spots for vehicles etc. For now though just put your foot down and enjoy the lack of washing machines spawning in your face :D

Thank you so much! I still remember my first contact with the roadblock and my brand new Military Offroad near Stary... *_*

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
24/03/2014 (from next restart)

Traps fixed (again) - I fixed these a while ago, then forgot to merge my fixes to an update at some point and broke them again. The traps are back working full again now and even the bear traps should work correctly. Beware I have armed all 9 existing traps!
Crash site tweaks - Some small changes to the heliCrashEast loot table.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:28 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
25/03/2014

Bikes Boats and Busses now Reset Weekly - I've respawned all bicycles every Thursday for a while now (as well as repairing bicycles if they are damaged and untouched for several hours). I have now added all boats and busses to this weekly reset. Traditionally busses are used once till they lose a wheel then discarded for weeks until they are blown up. Boats are usually all hoarded by people who then leave them in a corner of the map and never use them. The resets will tale place on Thursdays.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:13 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
26/03/2014

Zombies Tweaked - I finally decided to change the zombies from their original settings a little. I think zeds in the mod is one of those things that will never be perfect but I hope at least they are an improvement on before. Maximum zombie damage has been reduced, zombie sight has been reduced, visual agro has been reduced slightly and running on a road will no longer attract every single zombie in the area.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:10 pm 

IGN: Nice Guy Eddie
Current Life: 8.2 hrs
Time Alive: 367.1 hrs
Humanity: -171,385

Murders: 81
Bandit Kills: 87
Deaths: 82
Zombies Killed: 2,096

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
26/03/2014

Zombies Tweaked - I finally decided to change the zombies from their original settings a little. I think zeds in the mod is one of those things that will never be perfect but I hope at least they are an improvement on before. Maximum zombie damage has been reduced, zombie sight has been reduced, visual agro has been reduced slightly and running on a road will no longer attract every single zombie in the area.

I like it, that you reduced the detection of zombies, especially their hearing because it was kinda rediculous good. But the damage a zombie dealt was fine imo and even could have been increased.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:21 pm 

IGN: Investoren
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
Zombie damage was fine imo tbh. Some of them could hit like trucks and even knock you out etc. But you kinda adapt to it, and its a legit threat. It should somehow hurt a bit when getting aggro:P People just need to gain pure hatchet skillz :D But the zombie sight, visual agro and running on the road tweak is very nice!
Didnt seem logic to attrackt zombies while sneaking 100m away from a zombie etc.

Hopefully its not tweaked to much tho, so people wouldnt care about zombies again and just run around going mental with dmr's cuz the zombies are way to easy to avoid.

smooth :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Investoren wrote:
Zombie damage was fine imo tbh. Some of them could hit like trucks and even knock you out etc. But you kinda adapt to it, and its a legit threat. It should somehow hurt a bit when getting aggro:P People just need to gain pure hatchet skillz :D But the zombie sight, visual agro and running on the road tweak is very nice!
Didnt seem logic to attrackt zombies while sneaking 100m away from a zombie etc.

Hopefully its not tweaked to much tho, so people wouldnt care about zombies again and just run around going mental with dmr's cuz the zombies are way to easy to avoid.

smooth :)

It's only a slight reduction to the damage (about 15%), the blood covered zombies should definitely still fuck you up. I wanted to have it lower but Eby made me turn it back up.

I'm sure with the zombies everyone is going to have a different opinion but hopefully the majority at least find them better. I'll give this patch a bit of time for us all to get used to then we'll look at all the feedback and maybe tweak them some more. I agree with you guys though I like zombies to be hardcore too that's why I always kept them vanilla, every other popular 1.8 server has totally gimped them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:01 am 

I'm not a bandit!
While I do think that sneaking on roads shouldn't be any worse than sneaking anywhere else, for the rest I don't see why Zombies have to be nerfed?

They make combat harder and give silenced weapons and stealth more of an advantage on the battlefield( the disadvantage is low damage and range for silenced weapons)
I think Zombies should be a threat to avoid and even though its sometimes interfere with PvP, that unanticipated element only serves to make things more exciting.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:54 pm 

IGN: Wojciech
Current Life: 21.2 hrs
Time Alive: 458.4 hrs
Humanity: -198,816

Murders: 93
Bandit Kills: 136
Deaths: 168
Zombies Killed: 4,476

I'm a bandit!
I feel that zombies are a little bit too much nerfed, they seem not to hear me anywhere at all now :D
They still do enough damage, but now it feels like there's much less of them (for example running very quickly into a market now will trigger only few of them).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:11 pm 

IGN: Mr. Pink
Current Life: 16.8 hrs
Time Alive: 298.0 hrs
Humanity: -78,939

Murders: 47
Deaths: 38
Zombies Killed: 1,627

I'm a bandit!
wojos1Artist wrote:
I feel that zombies are a little bit too much nerfed, they seem not to hear me anywhere at all now :D
They still do enough damage, but now it feels like there's much less of them (for example running very quickly into a market now will trigger only few of them).

green mountain disagrees.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:04 am 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
wojos1Artist wrote:

That just had to do with a bug from the standard DayZ patch code where if you would run on concrete ( inside a market for example ) you would attract all the zombies within 100 meters pretty much. Same reason if you would run inside a barracks and suddenly start to aggro shit ton of zombies.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:48 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
01/04/2014

New Loading Screen - B3ll was kind enough to update the loading screen he made for us last year, he has also made a new banner for the forum. Press ctrl + f5 if your browser is still showing the old image.
Loot tweaks - Few small changes to loot tables, most notable being NVG's can now spawn at crash sites.
Weapon Choices on Spawn - All players now have the choice to either spawn with an M249 SAW thermal or and AS50 (non thermal). You chose the spawn location with your scroll wheel, then you chose which gun you want. We'll add the L85 thermal ASAP. If your custom loadout menu isn't showing please message Eberteby.
Waypoints Disabled - Finally remembered to swap this out, I'd like to turn death messages off too but I think you guys will all complain too much.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:20 am 

I'm a bandit!
Nice work B3ll. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:28 am 

IGN: Bernard
Current Life: 1.1 hrs
Time Alive: 369.8 hrs
Humanity: -294,680

Murders: 200
Bandit Kills: 118
Deaths: 170
Zombies Killed: 4,513

I'm a bandit!
Finally the server is getting what was needed for a long time!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next