Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Since ZeroSurvival started I have always been the only admin, a couple of people have had rcon access (only allows kicking/banning) however no one besides myself has ever had access to any admin tools such as maps. This has worked very well for us, however it has taken a huge investment of time from myself.

I like being the only admin because I always know that things are fair, I don't have to worry about policing my other admins as well as the hackers themselves. However I always knew we would reach a point where I couldn't manage everything completely on my own. The sheer number of players online over the past few weeks has left me next to no time at all for coding and development. All of my free time is spent spectating players, checking new spawns, catching dupers etc. If you have seen me in game at any point in well over a month I have been spectating. Indeed of the 2000+ hours I have spent on dayzmod the vast majority were spent doing nothing more than keeping this server free from faggots.

I can't continue this alone however and I am in the process of training a couple of new admins at the moment - Eberteby and Bernard. I would not have picked either person if I did not think they were honest, responsible and intelligent enough to help out in this way. Nor would I be giving them access to these things if I didn't absolutely need the help. I have been building a number of tools and logs to assist them in their job and will be teaching them and increasing their responsibilities over the next few weeks. They volunteered for the job knowing full well it will change the way they can play in the server. Rest assured I have logs for every single possible admin action that can be performed by an admin.

Now even when I was the only admin on this server it wasn't uncommon for people to cry "admin abuse" at anyone who belonged to the same clan as me and killed them. This pisses me off more than anything. It also worries me now because 2 members of my clan are actually going to be admins now, which I can only assume is going to lead to more of these false accusations.

I set this server up originally because I wanted a place I knew 100% was free from hackers and people abusing glitches. I wouldn't have invested so many countless hours of my own time (the majority of which has been spectating the game rather than playing it), if I wasn't completely committed to providing a fair place for people to play. I hope the long time members of the server can recognize this.

I have always gone by the following rules with my play on the server and I will be making sure my admins do the same.

- No playing for at least 45 minutes if I have seen any maps or admin information
- No looking for or looting vehicles/tents/bases ever when playing alone
- This ones obvious but - No using any admin tools when playing
- No sharing of admin information with regular players
- No using admin information to influence my play

Additionally like myself Bernard will be recording footage whenever he is in game playing.

Things admins will have access to:

- In game admin tools -
The level of access to my in game tools is defined by me, to start with all admins will only have the ability to spectate other players. Any time an admin action is performed, I have a log entry for it.
- Log scans - I have all kinds of custom automated log scans I've built up over my time running the server. Logs are essential for things like, verifying combat logs, catching duping, spotting hackers, seeing nickname changes, viewing kill logs, finding people abusing glitches, investigating base break ins etc.
- Online map tools - These are used to monitor player movement etc even when not in game. They are very useful for a number of things but especially catching hackers who are using hacks to locate players tents or vehicles. Like the in game admin tools every single time an admin accesses any part of this tool I have a log entry for it.
- Battleye logs - Catching hackers, as well as various manual logs I have setup for different in game actions.
- Database rollbacks - I still need to build an automated interface so other admins can easily do this. It would be handy though for times when I am not online like Sunday and a db rollback is required.

I have extensive logging in place for all possible admin actions and I will relish in catching an abusive admin as much as I do a hacker. If an admin has used his powers to somehow gain an advantage over you I WILL be able to see it and I WILL want to catch them!

However I WILL NOT tolerate bullshit unfounded accusations in sidechat aimed at me or my clan. I have more than enough information available to me to be able to verify any possible claims of "admin abuse" you think you have come across in game. It is me and me alone you need to contact regarding this.

Do not throw unfounded abuse and accusations at me, my clan or my admins in game because you will be banned for it. You may think this is harsh but historically we have had so much shit thrown at us, when no one besides me even had admin powers that I have no tolerance for it at all any more. Message me on teamspeak or make a public thread on the forums and I'll gladly investigate and provide evidence for whatever the problem was. Just don't try and kick off a shit storm in sidechat just because an admin killed you, or it could get you and your squad banned (once I have proved you wrong).

Finally I would like to add that I am definitely open to the possibility of recruiting further admins. I understand that in the eyes of outsiders having all admins from the same clan could constitute a bias. Having an admin from another clan or a lonewolf who has no ties to TS could help with assuring people there has never been any foul play.

From a personal perspective Eby and Bernard were chosen because they are the best and most trustworthy people for the job in my eyes. That doesn't mean however there isn't room for more admins. You must of course understand that you need to be able to follow the same rules as the existing admins, and understand that as an admin all your actions will be under intensive scrutiny especially until I trust you. Preferably you will have had experience in admining a server before and understand that this will impact on how you can play in the ZS server massively. The game will never be the same for you again. Please contact me via the forums or TS if you are interested in this.

TLDR;
Bernard and Eberteby are becoming admins, contact them with all your admin related queries
Don't throw accusations at admins which you cannot prove. Speak to Seaweed or make a public forum thread
If you want to be an admin too one day contact Seaweed
I like turtles

Post subject: Re: ZeroSurvival - New Admins
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:19 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
I'm liking this move. I look forward to you being able to spend more time on development of the server while still keeping a high standard of administration on the server :D.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:20 am 

IGN: Investoren
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
Wait. This means SW will get more time to enjoy his weed. dangerous.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:44 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Bumping this thread to say we could really use an extra admin or two at the moment. Strictly for the hardcore server.

One aspect of the hardcore server myself, eberteby and bernard have all really been enjoying is we can play on it with very little "extra knowledge" to ensure isn't influencing our play. We don't all need to have a map up 24/7 for that server to catch map hackers etc. However even a server with a low pop like that will attract some degree of douchebaggery and I am not comfortable leaving it totally unmanned besides my automated bans as the player count grows.

Really we only need an admin to keep track of the map so I don't have to, preferably this would be someone who only players on the main server rather than the hardcore server. It's not a massive amount of work but it will still change how you are able to play on the main server and there will be some rules you will have to abide by, the same as we do. If you would like to apply contact me via the TS or forums and let me know why.