Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!

Ok so as much as I know many of you enjoy basebuilding there are definitely some aspects of it which have been detrimental for gameplay especially since the 1.3 update. I am working on a very large update for item maintenance to hopefully fix the majority of the problems regarding how hard it can be to break into large bases. This will take quite some time to complete however and there is one major problem I wanted to fix now.

Since we added basebuilding 1.3 which added the ability to build roofs vehicle hoarding has become a real problem. I had to raise our servers original vehicle limit of 90 which we had used for a very long time, to 130 purely because so many vehicles were remaining static in bases. The atual number of vehicles available at spawns to regular players remained the same after this change purely because around 30-40 were just sitting in bases.

I have written a new server side script which will be going live during next week. The result of this script will be that if you have more than 3 vehicles at your base, the furthest ones from your flag will be destoryed on server restart. There is a clientside script which will inform you if you have any excess vehicles, and which ones they are when you press escape to logout whilst at your base.

For now I have just added the clientside script, get in touch with an admin to move your flag ASAP before the serverside script to actually destroy the excess vehicles is also added. You just need to press escape whilst at your base to check your vehicles.

I'm sure some of you will complain but tbh I don't think any group ever needs more than 3 vehicles (or 6 if they were to split their current base into 2). When I first trialed this script with a backup of the servers database I saw 30 vehicles were destroyed. The majority of these vehicles were rarely used in their time since spawning.

I see how often you guys actually use your vehicles and am well aware of what percentage are hoarded. Personally I think 3 vehicles is generous and the limit should be 2. We will of course be banning players who try things like landing vehicles on top of bases near flags etc when the script is live.

Post subject: Re: Anti Vehicle Hoarding Script
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:12 pm 

IGN: Nice Guy Eddie
Current Life: 8.2 hrs
Time Alive: 367.1 hrs
Humanity: -171,385

Murders: 81
Bandit Kills: 87
Deaths: 82
Zombies Killed: 2,096

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:

Ok so as much as I know many of you enjoy basebuilding there are definitely some aspects of it which have been detrimental for gameplay especially since the 1.3 update. I am working on a very large update for item maintenance to hopefully fix the majority of the problems regarding how hard it can be to break into large bases. This will take quite some time to complete however and there is one major problem I wanted to fix now.

Since we added basebuilding 1.3 which added the ability to build roofs vehicle hoarding has become a real problem. I had to raise our servers original vehicle limit of 90 which we had used for a very long time, to 130 purely because so many vehicles were remaining static in bases. The atual number of vehicles available at spawns to regular players remained the same after this change purely because around 30-40 were just sitting in bases.

I have written a new server side script which will be going live during next week. The result of this script will be that if you have more than 3 vehicles at your base, the furthest ones from your flag will be destoryed on server restart. There is a clientside script which will inform you if you have any excess vehicles, and which ones they are when you press escape to logout whilst at your base.

For now I have just added the clientside script, get in touch with an admin to move your flag ASAP before the serverside script to actually destroy the excess vehicles is also added. You just need to press escape whilst at your base to check your vehicles.

I'm sure some of you will complain but tbh I don't think any group ever needs more than 3 vehicles (or 6 if they were to split their current base into 2). When I first trialed this script with a backup of the servers database I saw 30 vehicles were destroyed. The majority of these vehicles were rarely used in their time since spawning.

I see how often you guys actually use your vehicles and am well aware of what percentage are hoarded. Personally I think 3 vehicles is generous and the limit should be 2. We will of course be banning players who try things like landing vehicles on top of bases near flags etc when the script is live.

Ok, first of all I like this change, because I know what alone sT, MM and we have in store this was overdue, since high end cars barely were used.

BUT

1. I think 3 cars is too few, especially for bigger clans so my suggestion would be 1 vehicle per base owner and maybe a minimum of 2.

2. I think this will lead to clans getting second bases, which maybe was your intent idk, to store more vehicles.

3. This will probably change the playstyle around vehicles. They will be more valuable, but since for example we can't trade them anymore then, my first thought was to not destroy any other car we find on our way instead of taking it home to sell it, but to destroy all the car wheels and leave the car there to make our few cars more valuable. Since Car wheels are pretty rare, I think this will lead to even less people having any cars, especially players who dont have a team or a big storage of carwheels.

What do you mean by banning people who land vehicles on top of their bases? Our entire base is concepted and built so we can do that...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed

I'm a bandit!
rCane wrote:
Seaweed wrote:

Ok, first of all I like this change, because I know what alone sT, MM and we have in store this was overdue, since high end cars barely were used.

BUT

1. I think 3 cars is too few, especially for bigger clans so my suggestion would be 1 vehicle per base owner and maybe a minimum of 2.

2. I think this will lead to clans getting second bases, which maybe was your intent idk, to store more vehicles.

3. This will probably change the playstyle around vehicles. They will be more valuable, but since for example we can't trade them anymore then, my first thought was to not destroy any other car we find on our way instead of taking it home to sell it, but to destroy all the car wheels and leave the car there to make our few cars more valuable. Since Car wheels are pretty rare, I think this will lead to even less people having any cars, especially players who dont have a team or a big storage of carwheels.

What do you mean by banning people who land vehicles on top of their bases? Our entire base is concepted and built so we can do that...

1. I think 3 is more than enough for any size group, bear in mind I see how many vehicles each group have and how many of those vehicles they actually use every day. Before we had roofs for bases it was very rare to see anyone keeping more than 3 vehicles. The vehicles they had they would use whenever they were playing, regardless of how rare the vehicle because it could be blown up any day by grenades. The difference is now people are forced to consider their vehicles, they cant just store every piece of crap they find just for the hell of it, and if they keep high end vehicles they will have to use them or walk.

2. Maintenance in general is going to change basebuilding a lot but it will take a long time to complete. If the big clans start splitting their supplies into 2 bases that certainly helps things yes because those bases should be easier to break into than one base built with all of them. Personally I think 3 vehicles per flag is too high because once that means 6 max, I think 4 or 5 max would be fairer.

3. Car trading is a great aspect but I see way more cars stored and never traded than I ever see traded. MM had 15 vehicles in their base recently. Yourselves and sT regularly have 5-10, this number never goes down the vehicles just sit there. It's a waste of resources and its not fair on regular players. I don't see this change having any real effect on trading anyway. If there are more vehicles at spawns again I can lower the max vehicle count so they will still be rare. It's just insanely stupid at the moment with so many vehicles literally sitting in one place forever and never being used.

4. The closest 3 vehicles to a flag are the ones that aren't removed when the server restarts, this is why we are moving flags for players. In theory another clan could somehow leave a vehicle closer to your flag than the existing 3, for example by parking a plane on top of the base above the flag resulting in us having to restore a blown up vehicle for you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:24 pm 

IGN: Hunter2000
Current Life: 5.7 hrs
Time Alive: 485.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,218

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 161
Zombies Killed: 7,863

I'm not a bandit!
Cool script, that makes vehicles like Urals all the more important to big clans(although I don't know clans with over 8 members)

Remember that each person can build 2 flags and each flag can store 3 vehicles that would make it 6 vehicles per person? more than enough.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:25 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
RadX wrote:
Cool script, that makes vehicles like Urals all the more important to big clans(although I don't know clans with over 8 members)

Remember that each person can build 2 flags and each flag can store 3 vehicles that would make it 6 vehicles per person? more than enough.

Yup exactly, that's why I'm not sure I'll keep it at 3, maybe 3 for one base 2 for another or max 2 for each. We've always spawned a lot of urals on ZS so each clan has a chance at getting one for their base. It's nice now that one clan can't hoard 5 or 6 of them too.

It's not 6 vehicles per person though, its 3 per flag and every clan member must be added to the flag (before anyone gets any ideas about splitting up and building 10 bases).

Post subject: Re: Server Changelog
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:27 pm 

IGN: Mr. White
Current Life: 6.9 hrs
Time Alive: 712.0 hrs
Humanity: -173,668

Murders: 82
Bandit Kills: 77
Deaths: 144
Zombies Killed: 4,722

I'm a bandit!
Three vehicles for a clan of seven is not enough.
If you want to limit the amount of vehicles per base then the size of the clan behind it must be considered.
One vehicle per member would be my absolute minimum.

Honestly though I think any kind of limitation is wrong and takes away a great deal of the self regulating mechanisms that make DayZ so interesting.
Sure there is hoarding and some people never use their vehicles but there are other and better ways to confront this problem if you really think that it is necessary.

My suggestion:

Add a script that destroys vehicles that are not moved for a while.
That would encourage trade and increase the rate of circulation without punishing those who spent huge amounts of time building large garages.

I dont think it is a problem if you have a lot of vehicles as long as they are used (and therefor in danger) regulary.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:30 pm 

IGN: Wojciech
Current Life: 21.2 hrs
Time Alive: 458.4 hrs
Humanity: -198,816

Murders: 93
Bandit Kills: 136
Deaths: 168
Zombies Killed: 4,476

I'm a bandit!
I understand problem generally. But I think it's too easy to just set up limit of 3 vehicles. There will be a problem in bigger clans - for example let's say that in ICD we have 6 or more people. We have Timo, who wants a motorbike for his own, we have me who likes to own a ATV, we have Tork who likes a pickup. So we already have 3 vehicles, and still we have no vehicle for whole group. And there's one more think - every vehicle has its purpose. I would never take a Black GAS to search for planes hidden north, I would pick pickup or offroad. But I would not take offroad to Cherno for example, I would choose Black GAS. When I would fight a big group, I would use a Humve maybe.
The limit will complicate this things. RD with a LB inside base will have only 2 vehicles then. I would barely believe anybody would store a Ural or 3VS anymore. I can imagine vehicles will just stand around cities not beeing used and there will be less fights between big clans including vehicles.

That's my thoughts, I think there should be some distribution for different purpose vehicles instead of blowing up everything above 3. I will agree that in this case people will simply build more smaller bases - not necessarily less secured (I can imaine sT deviding its base for 3 and it will be still very hard to break in, as garages will be now smaller - much easier to multi-layer).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
redeagle wrote:
That would encourage trade and increase the rate of circulation without punishing those who spent huge amounts of time building large garages.

Then clans just get in each vehicle and move it very slightly whenever they were at the base so it wasn't deleted, it would never work.

This is the fairest way, and I disagree completely that more than 3 (actually 6) vehicles are ever needed. No one ever even uses more than 2 at most at the same time as it is. That leaves them a 3rd vehicle like a ural for storage.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:34 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
wojos1Artist wrote:
I understand problem generally. But I think it's too easy to just set up limit of 3 vehicles. There will be a problem in bigger clans - for example let's say that in ICD we have 6 or more people. We have Timo, who wants a motorbike for his own, we have me who likes to own a ATV, we have Tork who likes a pickup. So we already have 3 vehicles, and still we have no vehicle for whole group. And there's one more think - every vehicle has its purpose. I would never take a Black GAS to search for planes hidden north, I would pick pickup or offroad. But I would not take offroad to Cherno for example, I would choose Black GAS. When I would fight a big group, I would use a Humve maybe.
The limit will complicate this things. RD with a LB inside base will have only 2 vehicles then. I would barely believe anybody would store a Ural or 3VS anymore. I can imagine vehicles will just stand around cities not beeing used and there will be less fights between big clans including vehicles.

That's my thoughts, I think there should be some distribution for different purpose vehicles instead of blowing up everything above 3. I will agree that in this case people will simply build more smaller bases - not necessarily less secured (I can imaine sT deviding its base for 3 and it will be still very hard to break in, as garages will be now smaller - much easier to multi-layer).

Split your giant base into 2 bases, then you can store 6. I like this script because it forces you to actually consider if you need a vehicle before you put in your base. Previously people just stored every single thing they found and rarely used them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Lets not forget either guys that dayz never had a way to store vehicles before this basebuilding addon. You don't HAVE to store vehicles inside bases especially not crappy ones you can find anywhere....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:52 pm 

IGN: Daisy
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
I will go ahead and break the meta here.

I like the idea, i think it will be no problem for bigger clans, as the possibility to add 2 flags ( 6 vehicles ) to each base, and still having the option of building another base, or garage if you rather, for cars ( lets be honest here, i dont think there is one clan atm which use more than 3 cars).
contrary to the belief where there will be less clanfighting with vehicles, i think there will be more. as bigger clans with more people will find and repair more vehicles which they cannot keep in the base because of the base already being full.
It will also keep cars circulating on the map, and more smaller bases will appear, which in my opinion will do nothing but enhance the gameplay atm.

- feel free to disagree.

-Daisy :evil:

Last edited by Daisy on Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:55 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Daisy wrote:
I will go ahead and break the meta here.

I like the idea, i think it will be no problem for bigger clans, as the possibility to add 2 flags ( 6 vehicles ) to each base, and still having the posibility to build another base for cars ( lets be honest here, i dont think there is one clan atm which use more than 3 cars).
contrary to the belief where there will be less clanfighting with vehicles, i think there will be more. as bigger clans with more people will find and repair more vehicles which they cannot keep in the base because of the base already being full.
It will also keep cars circulating on the map, and more smaller bases will appear, which in my opinion will do nothing but enhance the gameplay atm.

- feel free to disagree.

-Daisy

It's just one flag per base max, so its 6 vehicles maximum per clan inside a base.

One thing I want to stress for others who are against it is that vehicle rarity will not change, the max number of cars that spawn is always balanced with how many are available at spawns. This change is about making sure all vehicles are more regularly used.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:57 pm 

IGN: Daisy

I'm not a bandit!
Ah i see, although i still think 6 cars per clan is more than enough as we will still be able to hide cars at random places in the woods, and such.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:15 pm 

IGN: Mr. Blonde
Current Life: 7.8 hrs
Time Alive: 488.9 hrs
Humanity: -223,815

Murders: 97
Bandit Kills: 62
Deaths: 142
Zombies Killed: 2,390

I'm a bandit!
redeagle wrote:
If you want to limit the amount of vehicles per base then the size of the clan behind it must be considered.

Honestly though I think any kind of limitation is wrong and takes away a great deal of the self regulating mechanisms that make DayZ so interesting.
Sure there is hoarding and some people never use their vehicles but there are other and better ways to confront this problem if you really think that it is necessary.

My suggestion:

I dont think it is a problem if you have a lot of vehicles as long as they are used (and therefor in danger) regulary.

+1

In my opinion the biggest problem is that with this script this game becomes more unrealistic.
And thats the last thing we want. Perhaps we should try to make it easier to get into bases to steal vehicles but to limit vehicles doestn really make sense.
I think the most important thing is that day z remains realistic as possible.

sincerely... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Mr.Blonde wrote:
redeagle wrote:

My suggestion:

+1

In my opinion the biggest problem is that with this script this game becomes more unrealistic.
And thats the last thing we want. Perhaps we should try to make it easier to get into bases to steal vehicles but to limit vehicles doestn really make sense.
I think the most important thing is that day z remains realistic as possible.

sincerely... ;)

There's many compromises of realism in this game for the sake of gameplay and being able to actually code it. Look at bloodbags, morphine, or the fact bases have to be made out of things like containers. If any one has a fairer suggestion that is possible that also results in vehicles being regularly used I'd love to hear it. Maintenance will make it easier to break into a large base and harder to keep a base made from many items. But it's going totake a long time to complete and still doesn't resolve this problem fully without limits like this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:46 pm 

IGN: reen624
Current Life: 11.0 hrs
Time Alive: 241.8 hrs
Humanity: 35,766

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 63
Deaths: 99
Zombies Killed: 2,202

I'm a hero!
I love your script!

That was again exactly what i recommended earlier ^^ Im so smart :D

U wrote u will move our flags?
Does it mean:
i can give u a new position where the flag stands and u will change it once and 4ever ?

Or am i not that smart, even stupid :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:18 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
It indeed means we will change the position of the flag if people ask us to do it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:55 pm 

IGN: Marian
Current Life: 3.2 hrs
Time Alive: 643.9 hrs
Humanity: -1,058,663

Murders: 418
Bandit Kills: 219
Deaths: 813
Zombies Killed: 9,985

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:

In my opinion its impossible to keep only 3 cars in 1 base. We have 10 ppl! We really need to change 1 big base to 5 smaller o.O one near another..???

Ok, we might have 10 people, they are not online all the time and in the same moment, yet all of them want to have their OWN car.

We wont be using HMV (4 slots) everytime, if there are only me and Boros online for example, at that moment we will use PICKUP! (2 slots)

Or if Im going to snipe some of the RD's near theirs base, Im using bikes, motorbikes or ATV's!

If You want to change something just let everyone keep ONE car for each ONE member. Every single player wants to have his own car! Dont punish ppl for playing in Clans... let ppl keep just one own car...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:53 am 

IGN: Hunter2000
Current Life: 5.7 hrs
Time Alive: 485.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,218

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 161
Zombies Killed: 7,863

I'm not a bandit!
Motorbikes are hideable : you just stick them in a pine tree at a remote place and chances are no one will find them.

Besides if its 1 car per player it means that solo players can only keep one car at their base while big clans can have 10 backup vehicles or people who can afford to get alt-accounts for their vehicles.

My base is nowhere near as big as RD's or ST's of course otherwise I would split it into a rent-able vehicle garage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:23 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Marian wrote:
Seaweed wrote:

In my opinion its impossible to keep only 3 cars in 1 base. We have 10 ppl! We really need to change 1 big base to 5 smaller o.O one near another..???

Ok, we might have 10 people, they are not online all the time and in the same moment, yet all of them want to have their OWN car.

We wont be using HMV (4 slots) everytime, if there are only me and Boros online for example, at that moment we will use PICKUP! (2 slots)

Or if Im going to snipe some of the RD's near theirs base, Im using bikes, motorbikes or ATV's!

If You want to change something just let everyone keep ONE car for each ONE member. Every single player wants to have his own car! Dont punish ppl for playing in Clans... let ppl keep just one own car...

Number of people in each clan would not change anything. The vehicle hoarders all have a large number of people in their clans (ST, RD, MM, ICD) if I changed it so more members = more cars nothing would change at all. You have lots of members in sT, but most of them don't play regularly and only login once a month at most. However I'm sure you would still demand a car for everyone of these people. The only fair way would be "active members this week" and thats not something the game engine can be easily made aware of and would result in a similar limit anyway. Plus you could still just add any uid you wanted to your flag, valid or not and the game would think you had another member.

All you and RD are doing is suggesting changes that mean you still get to continue to keep all your hoarded vehicles safely in your base - this change is happening because of hoarded vehicles! Letting all of you continue to do it would solve nothing.

This change is about making sure you have to use every vehicle you store, or walk. If you did that already we wouldn't need to make the change. So far the only people I see complaining are the people who are hoarding the vehicles. I'm not making the change for their benefit, its for the average player on the server who has no hope of ever even seeing a humvee/suv/ural right now. I don't see how letting you store the same number of vehicles as you do now would ever change that. Every single DayZ server besides this one has no way of storing vehicles at all besides using trees, and people still manage fine!

I have seen you use your humvee once in the whole time you had it in your base, the SUV I have never seen outside your base. Without this change it would remain like that, the only time the SUV would see day light is when someone finally breaks in and blows it up, it will never be driven and that's a waste. You do the same as everyone, you hardly ever use the rare vehicles and only drive the same 1 or 2 junk cars unless you have 10 people online or the server is empty, because you are afraid of losing them. More recently you have 2 humvees and you still never use them! Before we had roofs for bases you would be driving that humvee any time you wanted to drive outside of your base, because it could be blown up any day. Now you just want to know that it is safe in your base.

Basebuilding doesn't just exist so you can store vehicles with no fear of anything ever happening to them. It makes for terrible gameplay and makes the game worse for everyone. If your clan, ICD, MM and RD and others had actually been using the vehicles they store already we wouldn't have had to make this change. Vehicles in DayZ were made to be used by players, not just sit in garages.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:18 am 

IGN: Christoph

I'm not a bandit!
I totally agree with seaweed. The server needs this script. Since my squad joined the server we did´nt even get our hands on a Humvee, and we did´nt even see the SUV at all. With 3 vehicles per base, and and up to two bases per squad there is still a good chance we never will see these vehicles whatsoever. But it´s a start.

Yet I whished I´d knew about the script before building our new garage... ^^ :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:42 am 

I'm a bandit!
I think at least ATVs, motorbikes and helis shouldn't be counted in the script. But I completly agree with ST and RD point of view. In my opinion, when clan has 8 people, it will lead to completly rare vehicle usage by clan. I can imagine if clan had 3 good vehicles, and one would get spoilt by one person from clan, others would be very upset. And that's why they (and probobly we) simply won't use it. I can also imagine that Marian will now never take his Humve and SUV.
And btw. FP is also hoarding vehicles - last time we destroyed six and before they had like 10 in their yard.

EDIT: We had days when we used with Marian SUV for 2 hours and then changed it for Humve.
That's idea of game - this vehicles are rare and some will just never have them...
Btw. Marian's SUV is not only one, second one is hoarded even harder...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:57 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
wojos1Artist wrote:
I think at least ATVs, motorbikes and helis shouldn't be counted in the script. But I completly agree with ST and RD point of view. In my opinion, when clan has 8 people, it will lead to completly rare vehicle usage by clan. I can imagine if clan had 3 good vehicles, and one would get spoilt by one person from clan, others would be very upset. And that's why they (and probobly we) simply won't use it. I can also imagine that Marian will now never take his Humve and SUV.
And btw. FP is also hoarding vehicles - last time we destroyed six and before they had like 10 in their yard.

EDIT: We had days when we used with Marian SUV for 2 hours and then changed it for Humve.
That's idea of game - this vehicles are rare and some will just never have them...
Btw. Marian's SUV is not only one, second one is hoarded even harder...

As I told Marian ATVs and motorbikes are the easiest thing in the game to hide in a tree. I am not limiting the number of vehicles you can leave in trees! FP are indeed hoarding vehicles sometimes too although not as many as the groups I listed. They aren't complaining about the patch though so I don't really see how this is relevant to anything.

Marians SUV is the only hoarded SUV, the current owner of the other one drives it whenever they need to use a vehicle. If it was possible to show you miles driven per vehicle I think that one would beat marians by a factor of 100. Don't try and tell me how people use their vehicles because I already see everything. I don't care what your reasons for not using rare vehicles are, when the problem is the fact that you are not using them. Anything else is just an excuse for being a vehicle hoarder. No vehicle in this game should ever sit in one place for as long as they do in our server.

I've seen the gameplay on this server without vehicle hoarding and I've seen it with vehicle hoarding and I know which is better for the majority of players in the server. Sorry if it upsets a few vehicle hoarders but it benefits everyone else who plays here. You say you think people will drive vehicles less, don't you think that makes you even stupider? To keep a vehicle but rarely use it is completely worthless, yet people haven't already realized this when they can store 15 vehicles, so maybe they will now when they can only store 3.

The patch will go live on Wednesday, basebuilding is going to be losing even more of its hoarding benefits in the future and I'm sure people will cry then too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:23 am 

I'm a bandit!
Quote:
As I told Marian ATVs and motorbikes are the easiest thing in the game to hide in a tree. I am not limiting the number of vehicles you can leave in trees! FP are indeed hoarding vehicles sometimes too although not as many as the groups I listed. They aren't complaining about the patch though so I don't really see how this is relevant to anything.

I don't care about Marian's ATVs, but it will be also easy to predict where to search for a bikes and ATVs.

Quote:
I've seen the gameplay on this server without vehicle hoarding and I've seen it with vehicle hoarding and I know which is better for the majority of players in the server. Sorry if it upsets a few vehicle hoarders but it benefits everyone else who plays here. You say you think people will drive vehicles less, don't you think that makes you even stupider? To keep a vehicle but rarely use it is completely worthless, people haven't already realized this when they can store 15 vehicles, so maybe they will now when they can only store 3. The patch will go live on Wednesday

I'm not upset. I'm just giving away my opinion, that's all. I will adapt to the change anyway. I think people will drive less judging from what happened to buses - they're main use are roadblocks now. Even when some guy find it and drive he usually gets killed quickly and bus becomes his grave without wheels.
Don't be mad on me, I'm not disagreeing with idea of the script, as I said I only give away my opinion and I will also enjoy building my second base :) I just had few thoughts which I wanted to share.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:32 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
wojos1Artist wrote:
Quote:

I don't care about Marian's ATVs, but it will be also easy to predict where to search for a bikes and ATVs.

Quote:
I've seen the gameplay on this server without vehicle hoarding and I've seen it with vehicle hoarding and I know which is better for the majority of players in the server. Sorry if it upsets a few vehicle hoarders but it benefits everyone else who plays here. You say you think people will drive vehicles less, don't you think that makes you even stupider? To keep a vehicle but rarely use it is completely worthless, people haven't already realized this when they can store 15 vehicles, so maybe they will now when they can only store 3. The patch will go live on Wednesday

I'm not upset. I'm just giving away my opinion, that's all. I will adapt to the change anyway. I think people will drive less judging from what happened to buses - they're main use are roadblocks now. Even when some guy find it and drive he usually gets killed quickly and bus becomes his grave without wheels.
Don't be mad on me, I'm not disagreeing with idea of the script, as I said I only give away my opinion and I will also enjoy building my second base :) I just had few thoughts which I wanted to share.

Maybe in the future we will decide there are some vehicles we do not wish to include in the counts. However it's too early to say, and believe it or not trees work very well! Not every player on this server keeps a base, but nearly all of them try to keep a vehicle. I see plenty of groups who keep vehicles like UAZ's for weeks if not months in the same tree. I would go as far as to say a tree is more secure than a base with no roof for a small vehicle.

The effects of this patch will take a lot of time to evaluate fully. Once this script is activated there are going to be a large number of vehicles at spawns - far too many probably. I will be lowering the maximum number of vehicles and balancing the counts of each vehicle count continually for quite a while.

I disagree with you when you say people will drive less though, but only time will really give us the answer. I don't see any logic in keeping 3 or 6 vehicles in your base and never driving any of them. However I do understand the logic in keeping 10 or 15 and only driving only 3 of those, but I don't agree with it and the effect it has on gameplay.