Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Subject to change at any time but here's my current plans for deploying 1.8.1:

- Deploy immediately to hardcore server (possibly with 3rd person camera temporarily enabled)
- All existing hardcore vehicles/tents/bases will not be deleted
- All existing hardcore characters will be killed (to evaluate loot tables)
- Freshly spawned vehicles

If HC server manages to achieve a decent player count of 40-50 players, and that player count stays the same for several days. It will remain the only ZS server on 1.8.1, until all the custom mods have all been merged.

It's very important for me to evaluate server performance at high player counts, not only on vanilla code but also on my own as I begin to merge things one at a time. To do this I need a busy server!

Your character from the 1.8.1 server will become your character on the main server when that is also updated. However if most people are still playing 1.8 on the main server instead of testing the new patch then the following will happen:

- Update main server to 1.8.1
- All existing vehicles/tents/bases will not be spawned (no basebuilding)
- All characters will be killed (to evaluate loot tables)
- Freshly spawned vehicles

Once basebuilding is working the bases and tents can be spawned again. Though to be honest I'd love to not spawn the tents, if not for a backlash of angry hoarders. Because these again make it harder to evaluate the rarity of items and loot in the new tables. The vehicles depend on how long it takes me to merge things, it may just be easier to start a fresh as far as the vehicles are concerned.

Please do not waste mine or any other admins time complaining about losing a character or some gear as a result of this update. We don't care. I have kept the same database on this server for over 2 years, I do everything I can to preserve data. I've gone to great lengths in the past to convert old data to new formats just to preserve the information.

However sometimes these things need to happen. We can't evaluate the loot tables from the new patch effectively if you all spawn in with your gear from the patch before. Don't expect admins to make some exception to a rule just for you. It's the same for everyone. We can't spawn the old vehicles without the basebuilding otherwise the people who had the vehicles in their base, that now isn't there, rage at me.

Try to not lose track of the bigger picture rather than getting annoyed over the loss of some digital items you can easily find again. Play the absolute shit out of 1.8.1 as much as you can and give me and the devs feedback so we can fix the minor issues that will no doubt be present.

Post subject: Re: How The 1.8.1 Patch Release is Going to Go Down
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:57 am 

IGN: Bernard
Current Life: 1.1 hrs
Time Alive: 369.8 hrs
Humanity: -294,680

Murders: 200
Bandit Kills: 118
Deaths: 170
Zombies Killed: 4,513

I'm a bandit!
yeyeye

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:35 am 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
BASEBUILDING OR RIOT

----------------

No, when the last patch happened, vehicles were reset, tents were reset and bases only got brought back after a couple of weeks, I enjoyed the server more than after a few weeks again and everything was hoarded so I'm actually looking forward to a fresh server again when the new patch hits :)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:03 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
The CLEANSE!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs

I'm a bandit!
tomisafish wrote:
The CLEANSE!

The only true cleanse would be if I removed the bases too. I'd definitely like to get rid of all tents if possible though.

We did that before for 1.7.7, or 1.8 (cant remember) and it was fine. People cried a lot and server numbers suffered, but within a week or so everyone had new tents and new stuff and didn't care any more.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:30 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
It's always more fun to hoard a DMR in an empty tent than to have to look for one of your 20 tent's that isn't full yet

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:36 pm 

IGN: Smurf
Current Life: 1.3 hrs
Time Alive: 16.8 hrs
Humanity: -12,964

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 13
Deaths: 17
Zombies Killed: 276

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
tbh, the more this game gets patched - the worse it gets.

we all play for the pvp, that is what we need to protect. for me, if I need to get item x to create item y so I maybe can give a bloodbag to guy z that is ruining the game. bloodbag, check -> give player during fight is how it should be.

I understand that you need to keep an eye on the loot table, but would it really be that horrible if players ended up with a little more then they should?

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Smurf wrote:

we all play for the pvp, that is what we need to protect. for me, if I need to get item x to create item y so I maybe can give a bloodbag to guy z that is ruining the game. bloodbag, check -> give player during fight is how it should be.

I understand that you need to keep an eye on the loot table, but would it really be that horrible if players ended up with a little more then they should?

There's lots of changes to loot in this patch, lots of weapons that can't be looted only crafted etc.

I think its a massive improvement on 1.8, just as I thought 1.8 was a huge improvement on the patches before. Can you seriously ever imagine playing dayz without the 1,2,3 keys and 1.8 inventory system for example?

No doubt the patch won't be perfect a hotfix and additional changes from myself are ALWAYS needed. But we never discover those things until a large number of players are exposed to it for many hours of playtime.

I think saying " the more this game gets patched - the worse it gets." is a pretty shitty statement to make when you consider all the major bugs the dayzmod team fix every patch. E.g being able to go inside walls at hospitals, objects no longer breaking your legs, duping glitches, the bench at the barracks at nwaf, all the new items they add etc. Not to mention changes to zombies which all the other mods use, but don't dare to try themselves.

It would indeed make it much harder to evaluate the loot tables fairly if I spawned everyone with the gear they had now.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:46 pm 

IGN: Hunter2000
Current Life: 5.7 hrs
Time Alive: 485.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,218

Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 161
Zombies Killed: 7,863

I'm not a bandit!
Smurf wrote:

we all play for the pvp

Actually I'd like to address that: PvP may be one of the only activities available so far but its not true that it is 'what we all play for' or we would all be playing Call of Duty or some other arena game.
I first wanted DayZ because of my interest in survival-ism which may include the possibility of PvP encounter but isn't exclusively focused on it. So its bad enough that the game spawns food and other items too frequently, but if its just give to hand out stuff so players can PvP I think my inner 'hunter-gatherer-explorer' would be very displeased.

At present since my base is packed with all sorts of goodies the only activity left is to find special vehicles and kill people but I definitely wish there was more to it, i'd even go back to the time where I had to defend my base from raiders , make deals with other players or struggle to find food which hardly ever happens anymore

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:02 pm 

IGN: Wojciech
Current Life: 21.2 hrs
Time Alive: 458.4 hrs
Humanity: -198,816

Murders: 93
Bandit Kills: 136
Deaths: 168
Zombies Killed: 4,476

I'm a bandit!
Well personaly i wouldn't even care if whole basebuilding would get reset - just start over. But I guess too many people would be mad.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:09 pm 

IGN: Investoren
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
The cleanse means just a new period of going AFK hoarding even more than allready hoarded.
Np!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:23 pm 

I'm a bandit!
wojos1Artist wrote:
Well personaly i wouldn't even care if whole basebuilding would get reset - just start over. But I guess too many people would be mad.

That I can answer for allready. NO DEAL. We spent ages building and completing the base we have. So did other clans, like RD fex.

About resetting tents/vehicles etc. I dont care either way tbh. The hoarding issue is retarded. Yes, I was in love with hoarding a while ago. Ive changed now tho.
I know the amount we have, its beyond insanity. Ill have to excuse the greedy dwarf I play with.

As long as loot bias stays as it has been more or less, its fine. Weapons at our disposal, gives us fights.
Fights in dayz is the most epic moments you can have.

I love RTB. I love Vidarro + friends (as we call them, cuz those faggets doesnt dare to tag up).
I love the Heroes (anomander, benuar, hadoth etc.) just turned into Bandits, seeking fights.
Im about to start loving KR, as they seem to seek fights more and more.
I used to love RD, but they slack atm.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Investoren wrote:
wojos1Artist wrote:

That I can answer for allready. NO DEAL. We spent ages building and completing the base we have. So did other clans, like RD fex.

About resetting tents/vehicles etc. I dont care either way tbh. The hoarding issue is retarded. Yes, I was in love with hoarding a while ago. Ive changed now tho.
I know the amount we have, its beyond insanity. Ill have to excuse the greedy dwarf I play with.

As long as loot bias stays as it has been more or less, its fine. Weapons at our disposal, gives us fights.
Fights in dayz is the most epic moments you can have.

I love RTB. I love Vidarro + friends (as we call them, cuz those faggets doesnt dare to tag up).
I love the Heroes (anomander, benuar, hadoth etc.) just turned into Bandits, seeking fights.
Im about to start loving KR, as they seem to seek fights more and more.

An average of 20-30 new basebuilding objects are built every day on the server. It's physically impossible for this trend to continue and for the server to be able to keep running. There's already 2600+ basebuilding objects. Each object adds to server load, startup times and of course makes it harder to break into a base.

The whole basebuilding system is totally unbalanced in yours and other large clans favour currently. I know thats because you've played on the server the longest, but that doesn't mean its fair on anyone else who wants to break into your base.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:59 pm 

IGN: Hunter2000
Current Life: 5.7 hrs
Time Alive: 485.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,218

Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 161
Zombies Killed: 7,863

I'm not a bandit!
Investoren wrote:
wojos1Artist wrote:

to me it just sounds like you don't want to have to spend time defending your territory(because breaking into your base is very hard 90% of the time you don't care if someone hangs out nearby)

About spending ages , are you saying you wouldn't have bothered with a base if it was easier to break into? or is there a much of a difference in that respect if it is gradually removed by players or removed by devs for everyone?

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:03 pm 

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
Smurf wrote:

There's lots of changes to loot in this patch, lots of weapons that can't be looted only crafted etc.

I think its a massive improvement on 1.8, just as I thought 1.8 was a huge improvement on the patches before. Can you seriously ever imagine playing dayz without the 1,2,3 keys and 1.8 inventory system for example?

No doubt the patch won't be perfect a hotfix and additional changes from myself are ALWAYS needed. But we never discover those things until a large number of players are exposed to it for many hours of playtime.

I think saying " the more this game gets patched - the worse it gets." is a pretty shitty statement to make when you consider all the major bugs the dayzmod team fix every patch. E.g being able to go inside walls at hospitals, objects no longer breaking your legs, duping glitches, the bench at the barracks at nwaf, all the new items they add etc. Not to mention changes to zombies which all the other mods use, but don't dare to try themselves.

It would indeed make it much harder to evaluate the loot tables fairly if I spawned everyone with the gear they had now.

Dont get me wrong Seaweed, ofc I love the bugfixes - but the way I see it the focus is to much on the survival, and not enough on the pvp bit.
For me, your server is about as far I am willing to go, because like zombies it is almost perfectly balanced.
However, if the game/patch takes a turn for the worse - ie more crafting to basically get nothing done, that is a step in the wrong direction for me.

(I dont use 1,2,3 btw - and been playing for over 2 years now :p)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:13 pm 

IGN: Joe AKA Jonas
Current Life: 0.4 hrs
Time Alive: 0.7 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 1
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Investoren wrote:
wojos1Artist wrote:

[...]

Whut? :-O

Yes, i agree with you Investoren. I would be really really really god damn mad if our base is going to keep out of the database. We spend so much time and long nights in looting, building and defending our base. I play since 8 months on this server and 6 months i spent with basebuilding, not every single day but very god damn often!

->But as seaweed allready told, its impossible to keep a good server performance. We have to find a solution real quick!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:15 pm 

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
Oh btw.... roaming zombies... could you turn those off if they return in the patch?
and we are speaking of zombies, the ones spawning by powerlines ruines the gameplay imo, cant sneak up on people so easy

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Smurf wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
Smurf wrote:

Dont get me wrong Seaweed, ofc I love the bugfixes - but the way I see it the focus is to much on the survival, and not enough on the pvp bit.
For me, your server is about as far I am willing to go, because like zombies it is almost perfectly balanced.
However, if the game/patch takes a turn for the worse - ie more crafting to basically get nothing done, that is a step in the wrong direction for me.

(I dont use 1,2,3 btw - and been playing for over 2 years now :p)

There's going to be plenty of things you definitely won't like in this patch. I'm predicting the major complaint from most being the zombie damage (though there is regenerating blood). However the zombies themselves in 1.8.1 (besides the max damage) are the best I've ever experienced in dayz based on what I've experienced so far.

They are challenging like 1.8 and definitely a threat you want to get rid of rather than ignore. However their numbers aren't quite so drastic and agro is easier to lose than before. Zombies don't feel like they have ESP any more and you can definitely break line of sight to lose them by hiding or just running.

Still I think zeds and loot will probably be a complaint and will require later tweaking in some form, but its one of those things you can't discover properly till people actually spend a decent amount of time playing it. If you don't like the survival aspect of the game you probably won't like the patch though. But then again if you only like pvp you should probably just play overwatch or epoch etc. For me it's always been about finding a good balance between pvp and survival which I think we've managed pretty well so far.

I don't see crafting as "getting nothing done" though. I see it as providing more possibilities and longer term goals to a player, just like you spend tens of hours collecting tank traps. You can spend hours searching for red dot sights to go on your M4's, or rifle scopes for your crossbows. It adds depth to the gameplay and more things to do.

No doubt this patch won't be for everyone, but then what patch ever is. I've always been able to tweak any update into something I regard as better than the previous one however, and I don't see this one being any different.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Smurf wrote:
Oh btw.... roaming zombies... could you turn those off if they return in the patch?
and we are speaking of zombies, the ones spawning by powerlines ruines the gameplay imo, cant sneak up on people so easy

Anything and everything can be tweaked and fixed. No one can really predict what those things are going to be until we all get out hands on it though.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Jones wrote:
Investoren wrote:
wojos1Artist wrote:

[...]

Whut? :-O

Yes, i agree with you Investoren. I would be really really really god damn mad if our base is going to keep out of the database. We spend so much time and long nights in looting, building and defending our base. I play since 8 months on this server and 6 months i spent with basebuilding, not every single day but very god damn often!

->But as seaweed allready told, its impossible to keep a good server performance. We have to find a solution real quick!

We're getting a little off topic with the basebuilding discussion anyway. As the OP says the current plan is still to restore basebuilding and all bases as they are now on 1.8.1. This will take me some time however and I can't guarantee anything till I get my hands on the code.

In the future though yes major BB changes will need to happen and they won't be universally popular, we'll worry about that after 1.8.1 (or probably 1.8.2 or 1.8.3 by that point) has had all its major issues resolved.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:38 pm 

IGN: Joe AKA Jonas
Current Life: 0.4 hrs
Time Alive: 0.7 hrs

Deaths: 1

I'm not a bandit!
No Problem man. I know you are trying enough to improve gameplay and you you spent nights and days of your freetime with coding and make the server better and better.. that deserves every mans respect. :).
I just told, that i would be sad/mad about if you decide not to "respawn" old bases in the new patch in general. If it's not possible in fact there are performance issues, we must find another way.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:42 pm 

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I got a solution, dont upgrade. Server is almost always full = ppl are happy.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:44 pm 

I'm a bandit!
The solution is simple really. All slackers who havent donated $$$$$$ to Seaweed, should consider this. If Seaweed gets more money, we get a new and much much better server that can handle the massive basebuilding alot better than the server we allready have.
Great idea? I think so. Seaweed will be more happy, and every leecher on his great server will stay happy!
Go donate 10 dollars each ATLEAST, and we will get there :D

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:06 am 

IGN: Daisy
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs

Deaths: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Investoren wrote:
The solution is simple really. All slackers who havent donated $$$$$$ to Seaweed, should consider this. If Seaweed gets more money, we get a new and much much better server that can handle the massive basebuilding alot better than the server we allready have.
Great idea? I think so. Seaweed will be more happy, and every leecher on his great server will stay happy!
Go donate 10 dollars each ATLEAST, and we will get there :D

^^^^^

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:47 am 

IGN: Torkmastaflex
Current Life: 11.2 hrs
Time Alive: 369.4 hrs
Humanity: -15,792

Murders: 20
Bandit Kills: 26
Deaths: 187
Zombies Killed: 3,775

I'm a bandit!
I think bases should be reset. Literally, 1.5 hours till restart is when i start lagging because of server load i believe. Limit amount of basebuilding with next patch. 10 elements to break through is ridiculous MM :D