Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Hi everyone,

There's no easy way to say this so I'll cut straight to the point. The dayzmod server will be closing when the hosting expires on July 1st. Put simply I no longer have the time nor the motivation to continue running the server myself.

I started ZeroSurvival in November 2012, since then we have come a very long way. We have been the top ranked dayzmod server for a long time and we are currently ranked 40th from more than 3000 total dayz servers. The community founded on this server has always been a huge driving force in keeping it running. I would like to thank all the regular clans and solo players on the server who have been a part of this community, both past and present. Without community donations and additional support from Eberteby and Bernard as fellow admins the server would have closed long before now.

I have never had a day off from running this server since it's inception, I've not had a holiday and there has never been a day where I haven't been keeping an eye on the server or fixing things. As time has passed continuing to keep the server running to the same high standards I have always strived for is becoming more and more difficult for me to justify.

The server closing has nothing to do with current dayzmod/arma patches etc, and I still firmly believe in the future of the mod from 1.8.2 on wards. I would however prefer to play that patch on someone else's server, and use more of my free time to maybe try and contribute towards the future development of the mod. I hope you have all enjoyed your time playing on my dayz server, I have learned a lot from the experience of running it.

I have no intention to take this website nor the teamspeak down. We would like to try and keep the community intact moving forward as best we can, even if we are playing different games or different dayz servers together. Anyone using the teamspeak and playing on the server regularly is encouraged to continue to do so.

I hope the 1 week of notice I am giving here is enough for you all, this decision was not made lightly nor was it an easy one to make.

Post subject: Re: ZeroSurvival DayzMod Server is Closing on July 1st
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:03 pm 

IGN: El Duderino
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 0

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: -1
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm a bandit!
Please no.

This is the best dayz server out there and it has a great community. I just started playing here and it's really awesome. I understand you but is there any chance that you reconsider your decision? I think you have a great thing going on here it would be a shame if the server closed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:05 pm 

IGN: Torkmastaflex
Current Life: 11.2 hrs
Time Alive: 369.4 hrs
Humanity: -15,792

Murders: 20
Bandit Kills: 26
Deaths: 187
Zombies Killed: 3,775

I'm a bandit!
*sigh* :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs

I'm a bandit!
Rough wrote:
Please no.

This is the best dayz server out there and it has a great community. I just started playing here and it's really awesome. I understand you but is there any chance that you reconsider your decision? I think you have a great thing going on here it would be a shame if the server closed.

This server literally cannot exist without it's admin, hence why I've never had a day off. The community here in general is great, however some aspects of the dayz community as a whole are extremely toxic.

As an admin you are exposed far more often to the more unwelcome aspects of the playerbase, than the things you enjoy. I'm bored of the cheaters and liars and without an admin to ensure a fair server ZS would fall apart and die anyway. I would rather we went out on a high, than fall into disrepute due to neglect.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:22 pm 

IGN: [SFG] GeordieMarv
Current Life: 0.6 hrs
Time Alive: 33.2 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 3
Bandit Kills: 1
Deaths: 10
Zombies Killed: 130

I'm not a bandit!
Just heard about this from Zohan!
Although I am not playing the mod anymore, so no longer playing on this server.
I am EXTREMELY saddened to hear this.
Zero survival was the BEST DayZ server....without a shadow of a doubt.

I would just like to say, thanks to you Seaweed for running a truly outstanding server. I'm sure it will be missed massively.

Feel free to come onto the [SFG] TS for a hug mate! I'll put the kettle on, and start slicing some cake!

Much love. [SFG] guys!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:32 pm 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs
Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
this is literally the worst news i have heard in a long time.. i am a sad man now! Is there any other way than taking the server down?

Finding new admins/making the server whitelist only?

I can imagine a shitton of people are willing to do something to prevent the server from going down!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:53 pm 

IGN: ConnorGriffiths
Current Life: 9.3 hrs
Time Alive: 315.0 hrs
Humanity: -384,739

Murders: 200
Bandit Kills: 102
Deaths: 168
Zombies Killed: 3,105

I'm a bandit!
Wow sad news, although i dont play the mod anymore, this is the server i choose to come back to when I do play the mod, purely due to the fact that it has the best community and admins that put in so much work and effort to run, improve and moderate the server.

So i'd like to say a big thank you to Seaweed for his daily effort and for running the best DayZ server possible :)
And i hope to see some of you on the standalone when it becomes playable.

Last edited by Connor on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:59 pm 

IGN: Nice Guy Eddie
Current Life: 8.2 hrs
Time Alive: 367.1 hrs
Humanity: -171,385

Murders: 81
Bandit Kills: 87
Deaths: 82
Zombies Killed: 2,096

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I am really sorry to hear that you will take the server down. Though I haven't played much in the last weeks due to conflicts with the new patches and time reasons I must say that in my two years of DayZ experience I have never seen a better Server and a more dedicated and fair admin then you, Seaweed! I understand your reasons to take down this server but I hope that we as a community will be able to play together dayz or other games in the future.

Shout out to all the nice people I met on this awesome server. Especially to my fellow clanmates of RD: Mr. Brown, Mr. Blonde, Mr. Blue, Mr. Pink, Mr. White and Joe aka Jonas who let me join the best clan on the server! Also of course to the friends and foes of the clans of FP, TS, MM, ICD, sT, Hadoth's people, OMG and last but not least my friends without clan alignement Rudie, Mart, Jayzon and all the others I forgot here. It was really a joy playing with you and I hope we will do continuing so on other servers.

Another thing I would like to propose is some kind of big farewell party for the server and your leave as an admin of it. Maybe set a date and boost the server slots up to 100 for an evening. Have some planes do fireworks or a flight show, have players shoot 21 guns, drink some beer and do other funny stuff together in Cherno or the NWAF.

Last edited by rCane on Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Benuar wrote:
this is literally the worst news i have heard in a long time.. i am a sad man now! Is there any other way than taking the server down?

Finding new admins/making the server whitelist only?

I can imagine a shitton of people are willing to do something to prevent the server from going down!

I've considered alternatives and I can't see any of them working, this may seem a sudden decision but it's one that's been on my mind for months.

We had a thread for admin applications open for quite some time. Regardless recruiting new admins would still involve me having to monitor the game just as much as I have to now. I would never blindly hand that level of control over to someone unless I trusted them completely. Likewise I wouldn't be able to trust them unless I was heavily monitoring their actions, and of course teaching them all they need to know.

Bernard and Eby have been very helpful to me as co-admins, however I think they would both still agree that the bulk of the work is still done by me.

It is literally impossible to run a dayz server fairly without constant regular admin attention. Sure there's a mountains of half assed servers that slap the same badly made antihack onto their servers and run every day without any further attention, or external tools. Those admins don't really have a clue how to run a server though, and they don't understand how to do what I would regard as the simplest of tasks.

There's a huge number of hackers in this game, and you will only catch the most obvious ones unless you are actively monitoring things and improving your code and tools every day. We have a banlist which is more than 13,000 lines long for a reason, I don't think any server will come close to that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:06 pm 

I'm a bandit!
I should just play CSGO then :(

Adding admins or whitelisting won't help?(i have no idea what whitelisting is lol)

Is it not because of this patch that is making you reconsider? More problems have come up just because of this new patch honestly, with all the cheaters and whatnot...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:15 pm 

IGN: Bernard
Current Life: 1.1 hrs
Time Alive: 369.8 hrs
Humanity: -294,680

Bandit Kills: 118
Deaths: 170
Zombies Killed: 4,513

I'm a bandit!
I crie, but think this is the right decision from seaweed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Torkmastaflex wrote:
I should just play CSGO then :(

Adding admins or whitelisting won't help?(i have no idea what whitelisting is lol)

Is it not because of this patch that is making you reconsider? More problems have come up just because of this new patch honestly, with all the cheaters and whatnot...

Nope nothing to do with the new patch, I just don't have the patience or motivation to keep things going any more. There's no more hackers now than there's ever been, however there will be if the amount of time I spend on the server running was to change.

The first thing I have to do when I get up is check logs and maps, the last thing I do at night is checking logs and maps. I'm tired of it. I've not even played the game properly for probably 6 months+. We COULD continue running without me ever checking another log or another map, that's how many servers operate now - and they're full of hackers. That's not the type of server I would like us to be remembered as.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:28 pm 

IGN: Mr. Blonde
Current Life: 7.8 hrs
Time Alive: 488.9 hrs
Humanity: -223,815

Murders: 97
Bandit Kills: 62
Deaths: 142
Zombies Killed: 2,390

I'm a bandit!
Quote:
I am really sorry to hear that you will take the server down. Though I haven't played much in the last weeks due to conflicts with the new patches and time reasons I must say that in my two years of DayZ experience I have never seen a better Server and a more dedicated and fair admin then you, Seaweed! I understand your reasons to take down this server but I hope that we as a community will be able to play together dayz or other games in the future.

Shout out to all the nice people I met on this awesome server. Especially to my fellow clanmates of RD: Mr. Brown, Mr. Blonde, Mr. Blue, Mr. White and Joe aka Jonas who let me join the best clan on the server! Also of course to the friends and foes of the clans of FP, TS, MM, ICD, sT, Hadoth's people, OMG and last but not least my friends without clan alignement Rudie, Mart, Jayzon and all the others I forgot here. It was really a joy playing with you and I hope we will do continuing so on other servers.

+1

A Great Pity! :cry:

Hope we can keep this community. Its the best :!:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Don't rule out the possibility of a ZeroSurvival stand alone server once they add private hive support. I hope ZeroSurvival has been a good demonstration of the benefits a private hive can bring to the game in general.

In the mean time we can all use TS and forums to organize playing together on other dayz servers or games, maybe we can restructure the forums somewhat too to support things more as a "gaming community".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:39 pm 

IGN: Bernard
Current Life: 1.1 hrs
Time Alive: 369.8 hrs
Humanity: -294,680

Bandit Kills: 118
Deaths: 170
Zombies Killed: 4,513

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
In the mean time we can all use TS and forums to organize playing together on other dayz servers or games, maybe we can restructure the forums somewhat too to support things more as a "gaming community".

yeyeyeye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:42 pm 

IGN: Smurf
Current Life: 1.3 hrs
Time Alive: 16.8 hrs
Humanity: -12,964

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 13
Deaths: 17
Zombies Killed: 276

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
well this sucks, besides from Tansien and company, you are the only admin I have come across that actually does an decent job. I hadent played on this server for more then 2 hours before you banned me the first time - you paying that much attention really convinced me to play with my friends here.

sad to see this shutting down, anyone know of any other good vanilla server besides the zombies.nu community?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:56 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Gaming Community would be nice...

You better have a damn SA server once it's up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:03 pm 

IGN: VidKo
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 0

Deaths: -1

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed I understand your decision completely. I have not been part of this community for long, but I found your server really enjoyable and I thank you all for that.

Regards,

VidKo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:31 pm 

IGN: Investoren
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQenough Qs to express my feelings.

Anyways, Ive known this for quite some time tbh. You need some privacy other than monitoring nubs on the internet.
Go slack on the coach, grab a decent smoke and a beer, and bang some hoes. And give yourself a clap on the shoulder, well done cwead!
Bye bye, ZeroSurvival - the absolutely best server ever in this game :)
cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:37 pm 

IGN: Investoren
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
btw, if anyone of you nubs have another decent private hive server to play on, plz share to me!:D
specs have to be similar to zerosurvival.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:41 pm 

IGN: [SFG] GeordieMarv
Current Life: 0.6 hrs
Time Alive: 33.2 hrs

Murders: 3
Bandit Kills: 1
Deaths: 10
Zombies Killed: 130

I'm not a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
Don't rule out the possibility of a ZeroSurvival stand alone server once they add private hive support. I hope ZeroSurvival has been a good demonstration of the benefits a private hive can bring to the game in general.

If this ever does happen, I will be back like a shot. As I'm sure most of the SFG crew will!

It'll do you good to have a break from it all SW. You commit far too much of your time and life to that server anyways. It can't be good for you man, besides...it's summer in England. Better make the most of it bud!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Investoren wrote:
btw, if anyone of you nubs have another decent private hive server to play on, plz share to me!:D
specs have to be similar to zerosurvival.

I hear US3480 are moving to a private hive because the public one is fucked currently, they are definitely recommended. As far as vanilla style dayzmod ones there's not too many others left at the moment. Though I'm sure ZS will leave a hole someone will try and fill.

Personally I'll probably be playing on zombies.nu DayZero, not sure whos server I'll play on for 1.8.2 yet but we'll keep everyone in the loop on TS or the forums.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:21 pm 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs
Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I was already admiering your comittment and was kinda thinking that this has to happen sometime, i was just hoping i would not live to see that day ;-)

As for the community, lets just take over some other server we can all agree on and make it ours XD

Looking forward to a possible standallone privat hive! Even though they do also have a lot of hacker problems.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:04 pm 

IGN: nawrot
Time Alive: 393.0 hrs
Humanity: -5,582

Murders: 10
Bandit Kills: 4
Deaths: 65
Zombies Killed: 2,287

I'm a bandit!
That's some sad fucking info. Anyway, BIG THX to Seaweed for creating the best dayz server ever and maintaining it that long ;) It was a great time with some of the best gaming community, hope to see you all on some other servers!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:06 pm 

IGN: Joe AKA Jonas
Current Life: 0.4 hrs
Time Alive: 0.7 hrs

Deaths: 1

I'm not a bandit!
Dear Seaweed,
You've done your very best to keep the Server online. But its time has come...

I wanna thank every Clan i ever played with, especially: MM / TS / ST / FP / KR / ICD and of course my bunch of crazy-shitheads -> RD - RESERVOIR DOGS!

It was a great time fighting each other and we all can be proud of ourselves, that we made the Server to this what it is now.
This Server is the one and only DayZ-Mod Server for me - the Bandit "Joe AKA Jonas" will die with this Server..
Seaweed, take yourself time and concentrate on more important things in life.
__________________________________________________________________________________

ZEROSRUVIVAL V2!
Let's make this Community to the best gaming Community on the World-Wide-Web! [And please keep the template, it's god-damn awesome!! :) ]

Thank you for the good times!

8-)