Time Alive: 6.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 2
Zombies Killed: 116

I'm not a bandit!
Hiya,

Firstly thanks for making this a friendly server to be on!

Would it be possible to jot up some notes on the changes made to this server. I understand that there are some new buildings but don't really know where they are. Also, some idea about the weapon crate system would be great too!

Thanks,

Carlos the Jackal

Post subject: Re: Alterations
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:43 am 

No Gamer Profile
I will start a thread with some info that I know of and Seaweed can add to it.

[edit]
Thread started, link here: http://www.zerosurvival.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:20 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
The crates themselves only spawn up north, mostly in fields or trees there's around 30 currently and their locations change daily but this will change. As I make further modifications to the loot pool, crates may become rarer.

Also protip for bandits - shooting crates will make them burn meaning others can't loot them

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:45 pm 

IGN: Carlos the Jackal
Current Life: 2.0 hrs
Time Alive: 6.0 hrs

Deaths: 2
Zombies Killed: 116

I'm not a bandit!
Forgot to say thanks!

Also, are there any plans to use day/night mode?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:00 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Yup. Seaweed is working out the bugs so every night is full moon. Once that is done then I guess we can all vote on a time zone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:16 pm 

IGN: Matrix
Current Life: 1.3 hrs
Time Alive: 1.3 hrs

Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 5

I'm not a bandit!
Server rocks, would say weapon spawns maybe need to be scaled down a little, finding so many its a bit too much...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:19 pm 

No Gamer Profile
masterlarks wrote:
Server rocks, would say weapon spawns maybe need to be scaled down a little, finding so many its a bit too much...

Can you provide some examples?

What and where?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:46 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
I've been on the server around 8 hours and I've seen at least 10 ak107's, 7 FNfals, 6 MG36's, 6 PDW's and over 15 various m4/m16 variations, mainly at crash sites... I feel silly suggesting that there too many weapons lol but it adds to the realism if its a bit harder to find the best gear. Snipers are pretty good... Haven't found many and that's the way it should be. Also ammo is never in short supply... Seen about 4 stanag boxes n a sniper ammo box too and each weapon comes with at least 4 clips it seems... Found a M249 Saw with 4 ammo boxes... was like Christmas all over again lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:52 pm 

No Gamer Profile
masterlarks wrote:
I've been on the server around 8 hours and I've seen at least 10 ak107's, 7 FNfals, 6 MG36's, 6 PDW's and over 15 various m4/m16 variations, mainly at crash sites... I feel silly suggesting that there too many weapons lol but it adds to the realism if its a bit harder to find the best gear. Snipers are pretty good... Haven't found many and that's the way it should be. Also ammo is never in short supply... Seen about 4 stanag boxes n a sniper ammo box too and each weapon comes with at least 4 clips it seems... Found a M249 Saw with 4 ammo boxes... was like Christmas all over again lol

you are finding these at crash sites only?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:25 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
found 80% of those weapons at 4 crash sites, the rest at NWAF, deer stands and fire stations

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
masterlarks wrote:

Unfortunately I'm battling this problem with the dayZ code I have to use to do loot replacement at crash sites

https://github.com/R4Z0R49/DayZMod/issues/79

Basically it leads to a lot of duplication of items, particularly something that in theory has a very low chance to spawn (we scrapped the 0.01 chance on the LRR for instance very early due to crash sites duping multiple weapons).

I have new update planned but that will hopefully add a bit more variety and cut the number of MG's, it involves reducing the number of potential guns though and to do that I need to have other varieties of crash site or find new places in the loot pool for the 30 or so items in the current crash site array.

I'll also probably need to take the server down to test things, I know we also have some funky stuff going on with dead bodies disappearing which I also need to look into...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:57 pm 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
Speaking of alterations, is there any way to swap out the non-enterable churches with enter-able ones? Tired of seeing churches that I can't loot.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:18 pm 

No Gamer Profile
I heard some churches are random as far as being able to enter them on each server restart.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
AdjustedJunk wrote:
Speaking of alterations, is there any way to swap out the non-enterable churches with enter-able ones? Tired of seeing churches that I can't loot.

Nah unfortunately there's no way to remove an existing building, I could add enter-able ones next to all the ones you can't go in but I think that might look a bit strange :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:10 pm 

IGN: MrSiViF
Time Alive: 123.9 hrs
Humanity: 2,650

Murders: 17
Bandit Kills: 9
Deaths: 43
Zombies Killed: 1,092

I'm not a bandit!
I was watching this video on youtube...the sounds of the dead body flies have been taken off and i think that is a good idea because you will be like "oh shit a dead body is here, i did not see that" and this will make it harder to find dead bodies so it won't give the killers position away if its a trap.

What do you all think?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:18 pm 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
Idk, I think they are kinda necessary. IRL, you wouldn't miss a dead body lying on the ground somewhere(unless they were in a Ghillie...maybe) It would stick out like a sore thumb. The flies help with fact that since it's a game(2D), you may miss it. Also, I don't exactly know how a dead body would give a killer away, but I am still somewhat of a newb, so may be I'm missing something. What I would be cool IMO, is if maybe the flies sound effect was removed after a body is hidden, but IDK if that can be done. Also, being able to drag a dead body would also be cool, but again, that likely can't be done as I imagine that's something in the Arma II engine.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:43 pm 

IGN: MrSiViF
Time Alive: 123.9 hrs
Humanity: 2,650

Murders: 17
Bandit Kills: 9
Deaths: 43
Zombies Killed: 1,092

I'm not a bandit!
good points but IRL flies wouldn't come straight after the body died. i walk through cherno or electro hearing dead bodies so i know someone is close by, or walking through some trees and i hear it to my right, now i know someone is in these trees with me. thats why i think it gives away their position. so if it was taken off and the body gets hid, the player would not be able to hear the flies glitch when the body has gone, so that also helps hiding the bodies. was just a suggestion and we will see what other people say.

Thanks for your opinion.