Time Alive: 17.1 hrs
Humanity: 3,100

Murders: 3
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 4
Zombies Killed: 238

I have a Mt. Dew on me!
I'm not a bandit!
Increase the spawn rate of car wheels please...
i've been looking for one wheel more than 1 hour... looted 3 cities for wheel haven't found one ._.

Post subject: Re: car wheels..
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
KookosPahkina wrote:
Increase the spawn rate of car wheels please...
i've been looking for one wheel more than 1 hour... looted 3 cities for wheel haven't found one ._.

Factories are the best place otherwise silver barns and other industrial locations are good.

Wheels should already spawn at an increased rate to vanilla dayz in our servers but we don't want to make it too easy. I've never had problems getting parts at factories myself though I wonder if other members have...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:17 pm 

IGN: KookosPahkina
Current Life: 1.6 hrs
Time Alive: 17.1 hrs
Humanity: 3,100

Murders: 3
Deaths: 4
Zombies Killed: 238

I have a Mt. Dew on me!
I'm not a bandit!
well i looted vybor and pushtoshka few times but didnt get wheels or anything pretty much

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
KookosPahkina wrote:
well i looted vybor and pushtoshka few times but didnt get wheels or anything pretty much

We'll see what other members think, I like how common wheels are right now though if everything was too easy there would be no reason to play. I

One thing for other people to bear in mind though, if you are travelling up to loot points in a vehicle they will never spawn loot. Always leave your vehicle at least 200ms away from what you want too loot. I guess you weren't driving though seeing as you were looking for a wheel :P

Hope you have better luck next time man :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:33 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Adfix and i spent an hour or so looking for a wheel. then i remembered the factory. the factory in cherno and the one east of Polana always spawn lots of car parts. to farm the factory just go through it and gather every item that spawns and put it in a pile out side. grab all the tin cans, all the hatchets...everything. dump it into a pile out side and new loot will spawn in 10 minutes or less. just keep cycling the loot until you get what you need.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:43 pm 

IGN: Birdie
Current Life: 1.4 hrs
Time Alive: 9.7 hrs
Humanity: 2,750

Murders: 0
Deaths: 2
Zombies Killed: 4

I'm not a bandit!
I really don't think we should touch the spawn rate. I haven't had too much trouble yet finding tires. Just because you had a bunch of trouble finding it the one time doesn't mean that's always going to be the case. Because all spawns are based on probabilities, every once in a while certain items will be way less common than on most days just by chance.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:37 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Bradum wrote:
I really don't think we should touch the spawn rate. I haven't had too much trouble yet finding tires. Just because you had a bunch of trouble finding it the one time doesn't mean that's always going to be the case. Because all spawns are based on probabilities, every once in a while certain items will be way less common than on most days just by chance.

I don't think the spawn chance of loot will be altered. Its funny tho how when you don't need something, you find tons of it. But the moment you need that 1 Jerry can, its no where to be seen. That's DayZ for ya.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
Bradum wrote:

I don't think the spawn chance of loot will be altered. Its funny tho how when you don't need something, you find tons of it. But the moment you need that 1 Jerry can, its no where to be seen. That's DayZ for ya.

yup i can't change percentages without requiring a client download anyway, i could replace an item with an existing one but i think rocket has most things balanced just fine.