Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
Was just thinking about something Omen was going to suggest and then maybe code himself...lol. He wanted to see if he could make it so that abandoned bases would automatically get deleted from the database if said bases are not visited by the Owner(s) within a set period of time. He was thinking 3 weeks maybe, for example: Any base not visited by it's owner in more than 3 weeks would automatically get deleted. But if the owner visits it on the 30th day, it would get to stay.

MY Idea was "What if a prolonged absence from your base made it easier to break into?" Like after 2 weeks of not being visited by it's owner(s), the structures built would go from a 95% fail rate for removal, to like 60% fail rate. Or maybe just make items all have 100% fail rate but then every week the owner is away results in a 20% increased chance to remove an item built. So after a month-long absence the fail rate for removal would only be 20%.

Not even sure if this can be done at all, but I just thought it would be a cool idea to throw out there.

Post subject: Re: Cool Idea for BB
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Not sure if thats possible because, as far as i know, the failure rate is hard coded into the mission file itself and is universal.

i will begin work on the automatic removal of bases if the owner has not logged into the server with XX days.

this will help keep the clutter down from people who quit the game. and this will also allow other, more active players, take over spots that were abandoned by their previous tenants.

Post subject: Re: Cool Idea for BB
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:17 pm 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
Well I think it's safe to assume [olo] will not be coming back (although they said they would, it seems unlikely) so I wouldn't see a problem removing their bases(They had 2, quite big). But I hate the idea of all those materials going to waste. So what if you place a bunch of tents where the base used to be and place all the materials that were used to build those bases inside those tents, then announcing the coordinates of those tents/base to the server via Admin-chat or side-chat and then watch everyone kill each other over the materials :twisted: :lol: ?