Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
Was looking at the changelog for some random server's website and my eyes were immediately drawn to this:
Quote:
04/04/2013---Remove skin feature in game [ghillies,and camo clothing etc are now removable from dead bodies]

After a little searching I found this: http://opendayz.net/threads/remove-clot ... dies.8961/
I assume this is what they are using, or something very similar.

Seems like one of those small touches that could add quite a lot to the game. Could also mean a server full of ghillie suits though...then I would be forced to shoot everyone on sight. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Remove Clothes From Dead Bodies
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
tomisafish wrote:
Was looking at the changelog for some random server's website and my eyes were immediately drawn to this:
Quote:
04/04/2013---Remove skin feature in game [ghillies,and camo clothing etc are now removable from dead bodies]

After a little searching I found this: http://opendayz.net/threads/remove-clot ... dies.8961/
I assume this is what they are using, or something very similar.

Seems like one of those small touches that could add quite a lot to the game. Could also mean a server full of ghillie suits though...then I would be forced to shoot everyone on sight. :lol:

Yeah I've been trialing this mod since last week in my test server.

I'm having issues getting it working correctly atm I do want to bring it across in some form though. I also want to change some aspects of it I need to include code for my skin mod and also want to add a random chance to fail and check there are no obvious duplication exploits....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:02 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
Yeah I've been trialing this mod since last week in my test server.

I'm having issues getting it working correctly atm I do want to bring it across in some form though. I also want to change some aspects of it I need to include code for my skin mod and also want to add a random chance to fail and check there are no obvious duplication exploits....

Fantastic :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:58 pm 

IGN: Sirus
Current Life: 0.5 hrs
Time Alive: 741.8 hrs
Humanity: 3,870

Murders: 133
Bandit Kills: 60
Deaths: 333
Zombies Killed: 3,965

I'm not a bandit!
maybe have it so if the ghilli suit has been taken off someone already the chance to take it off again is very low, not sure if that'll be a pain to do though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:58 pm 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
I'm sure that once he's got it working, he'll just make Ghillies rarer than they are now. That should balance things out and is much easier to do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:15 pm 

No Gamer Profile
i like this mod, because if you kill a ghilled player from a good distance away, this will give you a reason to go to his body. which in turn may create more combat situations...or not, but still add more of a reason to take risks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
i like this mod, because if you kill a ghilled player from a good distance away, this will give you a reason to go to his body. which in turn may create more combat situations...or not, but still add more of a reason to take risks.

My issue with it is that no one is ever not gonna loot a ghillie, meaning over time the rarity of ghillie suits in the server decreases.

I think the default code should only allow one player to remove the ghillie, but I need to verify this still. It may just be removing the action for the player who originally removed it (in which case the mod won't be added without more code changes as others could still loot it). I'll give you a shout next time I need my clothes taking off in the test server.

Ideally I would like maybe a 25% chance of success (not tearing the ghillie or something) when removing it, in the event of a failure the ghillie is gone for everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:25 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
SNM! Omen wrote:

Ideally I would like maybe a 25% chance of success (not tearing the ghillie or something) when removing it, in the event of a failure the ghillie is gone for everyone.

I like this. You still have a reason to go to his body, but it's also a gamble. You need to weigh up the risks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:01 pm 

IGN: [smdb]warshooter
Time Alive: 0.1 hrs
Humanity: -1,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 1
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm a bandit!
tomisafish wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
SNM! Omen wrote:

I like this. You still have a reason to go to his body, but it's also a gamble. You need to weigh up the risks.

yea. This is much better