Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 0.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 2
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 1
Zombies Killed: 5

I'm not a bandit!
In my overall time playing I have come to notice that guns and military weapons are extremely easy to obtain as it takes me just around 10-25 minutes to gear up with a half decent military weapon.

I think that guns spawn rate should be lowered for reasons such as;

- Encourages scavenging a lot more bringing back a main element of the game as your searching for weapons.

- Making a good weapon find more rewarding, giving a good sense of achievement when you've found a great weapon that made the search worth it. ;)

- Bringing the element of risk and fear. Making the individual worry and having the key decision of risking their current weapon from dying.

- Will make individuals game objectives last longer as for such you set your objective to obtain a m249, your journey will be much longer.

- Will generally make Zero Survival a lot more challenging due to the fact everybody will be more hungry for better guns and you will struggle to obtain a higher-tech military gun.

I'd also like to hear your thoughts about the current situation involving gun spawn rates, and if you think they should be decreased or stay the same

Thank you for reading and looking forwards to hearing all your opinions. ;)

Post subject: Re: Guns
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:00 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
I do agree that perhaps some of the guns may be spawning a bit too much (I found 4 Mk16's in 10 mins today) but to be honest it can still take a while to find a nice SVD or M40 though, and the only LMG i have come across yet has been a SAW.

I think you also have to remember that quite a lot of the server enjoys squad PvP and being able to gear up fast lets them do this. It also mitigates some of the whining from players when they die from being killed on sight. They can gear up within a couple of hours and even try to hunt down who killed them and it wont feel like they wasted loads of time.

I think Zero Survival players try to play a Survival Game as opposed to a Survival Simulator and the amount of weapons you find is down to whether you are playing a more loot hunting focused game or not.

Post subject: Re: Guns
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:40 pm 

IGN: Deathdude
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 96.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 14
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 26
Zombies Killed: 2,053

I'm not a bandit!
yea, the high end snipers/assault rifles are still pretty rare spawns, remember that a lot of the military weapons on the server (even though they are new weapons) are still ak/stanag mag weapons, they still have the same power (and normally utility). Stanag and AK weapons are really common in normal day z anyway.

The only way to get the high end weapons quickly is to hunt for crash sites (which is again, the same on any day z server with crash sites enabled, anyone with a car can drive around and find 3-4 crash sites in an hour, my squad does it quite often) or to hunt down an established squad. The only reason the high end weapons are common is because quite a lot of them are in circulation, and this always happens on any server that's been around for a while that has a loyal player base. The only way to fix that would be to wipe storage and player characters, which would obviously never happen.