Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
Hi all. AdjustedJunk here. I'm new to the forums/server/game but I have been enjoying my time in your server so far. However, I notice that there are some items that still spawn as loot, even though all players spawn with them. I'm talking about flashlights and maps. It seems pretty pointless to me to have those items spawn in even though everyone gets one anyway. They might as well be tin cans/empty soda cans(as if there aren't enough of those lying around).

Other than that, only other real issue I have is with Heli spawns. I've read that Heli spawns are low. Combined with the fact that vehicles don't re-spawn after server re-starts(which I LOVE) it makes getting a Heli next to impossible, seeing as how likely someone already stashed it somewhere. This is a problem. Normally, there's so many people on in a server, that even if a vehicle was stashed somewhere, someone will find it, it will eventually get destroyed, and it will re-spawn, giving someone else a chance @ a Heli. On a sever as new as this one, with a population as low as it is currently, this leads to the Heli being monopolized by a few people. Seems the only way to get my hands on one, will be to shoot it down when I see it, something I'd hate to have to do, seeing as how I'm "Friendly"(as in not a Bandit). So maybe allow for a few more to spawn, or have it re-spawn to a random location every few days...something to think about.

Well thanks for your time in reading this, and GL out there. Stay safe, stay ALIVE.

Post subject: Re: Loot Table tweaks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:52 am 

IGN: AdjustedJunk

I'm a hero!
Also, if this is going to be a day server, can we add Chem-lights to that list?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:27 pm 

No Gamer Profile
I believe there are 2 little birds that spawn. I had/have one of them. If it were up to me, there would be no air vehicles because I love setting up camp sites and bases but those are compromised by dick heads with choppers. I personally will never raid/destroy a camp if I see one below me unless mine was destroyed and I need to gear back up or need a vehicle. Other than that, I let camps stay where they are, untouched. I also try to hang on to my chopper as long as possible so my own camp doesn't get raided.

No mounted guns so no real threat from above.

The little bird cargo capacity is dismal...3 guns 20 item slots. Using it to completely wipe crash sites isnt that big of a deal since it only holds a few guns.

The only real use for the little bird is to find camps or transport players but even that kinda sucks as its only a 2-seater.

But there are 2 little birds out there and they are extremely easy to shoot down. I would say, if you see one flying around, ask who is in it...if its me, your camp is safe. if its not me, shoot that thing out of the sky... your camp isnt safe as long as its flying around.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:51 pm 

I'm a hero!
Well that's good to know. I just really want to learn to fly choppers, not really interested in wrecking anyone's camp. I may however go down and take a look, maybe swap out some gear for something better. Other than that, I'll leave everything intact. I would also like to shuttle people around after a spawn, especially if they get something shitty.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:57 pm 

No Gamer Profile
You can always fire up the Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead armory map. You can fly every chopper/plane in Arma 2 including the Little Bird and other DayZ choppers. I do that every once in a while or if I want to test something out.

Another cool mission is Shooting Range v2

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14616

I go there to practice with all the DayZ weapons.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:02 pm 

I'm a hero!
Sweet! Thanks. Of course I'd know this if I bought the game for the content itself, and not just the mod lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:06 pm 

No Gamer Profile
I never knew about it till a friend showed me. We used it to learn Chenarus and look for nice places to set up camp.

That shooting range mission is awesome tho. You can learn how every gun feels and the way it shoots, bullet drop, velocity etc.

Try it out and let me know if you need help getting it installed. I will make a tutorial if needed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
All the vehicles on our server have a chance to respawn daily if they have been destroyed. We also spawn between 0 and 3 helicopters at any given time currently.

Helicopters have always (in public hive) and should always remain the hardest and most unattainable piece of loot in dayZ. Most public servers don't even spawn more than 1 helicopter at any given time, it's a shame that some private hives have cheapened them so much for some. I played probably 20+ hours of dayZ before I even saw my first helicopter, repairing my own took coordination with a team of others and will be something I won't forget easily.

Players wielding a helicopter have their pick of the servers crash sites and camps this is not something that should ever be easy to achieve. In the mean time you should try flying the planes if you want to get some air time. They're as powerful as a helicopter in the right hands and their numbers will may be reduced more soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:18 pm 

I'm a hero!
What about the deal with Flashlights/Maps? I read these items are not supposed to spawn, yet I remember the day before yesterday, I was in Berezino and multiple Maps/Flashlights were spawning in the Supermarket.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:55 pm 

No Gamer Profile
AdjustedJunk wrote:
What about the deal with Flashlights/Maps? I read these items are not supposed to spawn, yet I remember the day before yesterday, I was in Berezino and multiple Maps/Flashlights were spawning in the Supermarket.

I believe starting with these items (map/flashlight) is only temporary. Vanilla DayZ doesn't give you these items as a fresh spawn. I think they will be removed from fresh spawns in the near future.

They will probably make an appearance as part of a load-out perk when donations are introduced.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:22 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
AdjustedJunk wrote:

I can replace weapons with weapons, items with items etc, so there's limitations with what I can remove at the moment and swap for other items without unbalancing the game. It's a challenge because we don't want client updates but I will find a way to remove the more pointless items like small backpacks etc.

The starting loadout will hopefully return to vanilla dayz eventually as player counts rises that'll be based on a player poll though. Originally I had the starting backpack as the shitty small six slot one, I'd like to return to that one day and make the larger ones rarer :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:30 pm 

IGN: MrSiViF
Current Life: 1.3 hrs
Time Alive: 123.9 hrs
Humanity: 2,650

Murders: 17
Bandit Kills: 9
Deaths: 43
Zombies Killed: 1,092

I'm not a bandit!
Hey all...I want to suggest that we go easy on L115A1 (Lapua) sniper rifle. Everyone seems to be achieving them quite easily with the sounds of it (Even me, but i killed for it) and i just want it to be hard to obtain this sexy sniper rifle because 1) I would feel rewarded gaining this rifle 2) If i lost it, i would be heartbroken lol 3) Not many people will have this rifle...linking with my point 1, that i would basically feel special having this weapon.

The heli for example...that is extremely hard to get and once you have it working and eveything, then you will feel all different things, paranoia for one (scared of it being seen and taken from you). This is the feeling i want with the L115A1. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for your time in reading this post.

MrSiViF

:D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
MrSiViF wrote:
Hey all...I want to suggest that we go easy on L115A1 (Lapua) sniper rifle. Everyone seems to be achieving them quite easily with the sounds of it (Even me, but i killed for it) and i just want it to be hard to obtain this sexy sniper rifle because 1) I would feel rewarded gaining this rifle 2) If i lost it, i would be heartbroken lol 3) Not many people will have this rifle...linking with my point 1, that i would basically feel special having this weapon.

The heli for example...that is extremely hard to get and once you have it working and eveything, then you will feel all different things, paranoia for one (scared of it being seen and taken from you). This is the feeling i want with the L115A1. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for your time in reading this post.

MrSiViF

:D

Are you seeing a lot of the white ones or the green ones?

Back before it was more balanced a lot of the white variants got hoarded by players. The green ones are much harder to come by, in my experience one will spawn every 20 restarts or so at the sniper crash site which is roughly every 3 days. That's the only place to loot them now I have the weapons crates disabled which were the primary source of the white ones.

Current database stats

Players alive with green lrr in their inventory or backpack: 3
White lrr: 22

For comparison the M24

I agree with you completely it should be the ultimate loot and I do my best to make it is rare as possible, I could replace the svd_camo in the standard loot pool to make it even rarer and only spawn at barracks but I'd hate to remove that gun or make it more common.

I could replace all the White LRR's left in the game I guess with a different gun...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:58 pm 

IGN: MrSiViF
Current Life: 1.3 hrs
Time Alive: 123.9 hrs
Humanity: 2,650

Murders: 17
Bandit Kills: 9
Deaths: 43
Zombies Killed: 1,092

I'm not a bandit!
Never seen the green one haha so i guess the loot table is okay.

I just don't want to obtain it easily, or others. But if you think it is okay then that's fine and i did not know about the sniper crash site...is it different vehicle that has crashed far up north somewhere? Anyways the last bit seems a good idea, switching them to a different gun, i agree on that :)

Thank you for your time on this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:21 pm 

I'm a hero!
MrSiViF wrote:
Never seen the green one haha so i guess the loot table is okay.

I just don't want to obtain it easily, or others. But if you think it is okay then that's fine and i did not know about the sniper crash site...is it different vehicle that has crashed far up north somewhere? Anyways the last bit seems a good idea, switching them to a different gun, i agree on that :)

Thank you for your time on this.

It's just a regular Heli Crash that spawns nothing but snipers. It tends to spawn all the same gun though :/ For example, A couple of times when I have come across them, they have had nothing but M24's, with a couple of the Desert Camo variants(like 5 regular, 2 Desert Camo once) So it's possible (I think, not sure) that the Sniper Heli Crash may spawn like 5 Lapuas.