Current Life: 3.1 hrs
Time Alive: 53.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 11
Zombies Killed: 269

I'm not a bandit!
So with the recent humanity perk for bandits (gutting dead players), I was thinking it would be cool to have a humanity perk for non bandits. The only real idea I have is maybe an origins style " kill X zombies in one session and get X humanity". I'm not sure how a system like this could work (without being abused/making a lot of work for seaweed).

I dunno, just an idea I had, I don't know how many lone wolfs play on the server, but I know how hard it is to find someone to blood bag without risking certain death all for the sake of some +humanity :p

Post subject: Re: Humanity suggestion?
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:54 am 

IGN: FluffyScarecrow
Current Life: 6.9 hrs
Time Alive: 29.1 hrs
Humanity: 867

Murders: 1
Deaths: 3
Zombies Killed: 272

I'm not a bandit!
I would love to see something like this, maybe a faster time blood bagging other players or if we could put in some special type of building for bases if possible.

Any perk for humanity would make the game more interesting in my opinion

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:17 am 

IGN: Timmymachine109
Current Life: 0.5 hrs
Time Alive: 35.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,875

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 5
Deaths: 24
Zombies Killed: 747

I'm not a bandit!
That could hurt bandit's who like to keep their - humanity too...unless it only kicks in if you have + humanity?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:56 am 

IGN: Lt. Shan Drew
Current Life: 3.1 hrs
Time Alive: 53.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Deaths: 11
Zombies Killed: 269

I'm not a bandit!
Timmymachine109 wrote:
That could hurt bandit's who like to keep their - humanity too...unless it only kicks in if you have + humanity?

I think that would be a neat aspect though. Say you gain 100 humanity every 50 zombies per login session, a bandit would have to be strategic when killing zombies, making sure they don't kill too many. I think that would balance out how hero's have to look out for who they are exchanging fire with, a bandit or a survivor.

IMO it's far easier to get - humanity than it is to get + humanity anyway :p (for a loner that is)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:43 am 

IGN: Sirus
Current Life: 0.5 hrs
Time Alive: 741.8 hrs
Humanity: 3,870

Murders: 133
Bandit Kills: 60
Deaths: 333
Zombies Killed: 3,965

I'm not a bandit!
i'd love to see the origins level system or something like that

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
I have been thinking about ways to help the heros get some extra + humanity, the skin fix is going to help a lot in the new patch though (currently a bandit in a ghillie or camo counts as a survivor kill thus still losing you humanity for killing them)

Its tough because I can't think of a mechanic that people won't be able to exploit, and unfortunately that is exactly what will happen with it. As much as 99% of this server plays by the rules there is always the 1% using bugs and glitches to their advantage. I already see plenty of players who exploit glitches with bloodbag/morphine mechanics to boost their humanity now.

I would like to add something for heroes like faster bloodbag and bandaging times if their humanity was high enough. That in itself would rely on people not using glitches to gain humanity though and that clearly happens all the time.

http://dayzstats.com/ Sort by humanity and look at the time played for the guys with 5K+ humanity, Dilly for example.... You gain humanity when you kill a bandit but its not a large gain at all and the humanity gain over time certainly wouldn't be enough to boost that much humanity (+50 every 150 minutes and only since last week). There's also a bunch of banned known hackers on the first couple of pages. People like to boost humanity because of the myth about heroes running faster.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:34 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Seaweed wrote:
I have been thinking about ways to help the heros get some extra + humanity, the skin fix is going to help a lot in the new patch though (currently a bandit in a ghillie or camo counts as a survivor kill thus still losing you humanity for killing them)

Its tough because I can't think of a mechanic that people won't be able to exploit, and unfortunately that is exactly what will happen with it. As much as 99% of this server plays by the rules there is always the 1% using bugs and glitches to their advantage. I already see plenty of players who exploit glitches with bloodbag/morphine mechanics to boost their humanity now.

I would like to add something for heroes like faster bloodbag and bandaging times if their humanity was high enough. That in itself would rely on people not using glitches to gain humanity though and that clearly happens all the time.

http://dayzstats.com/ Sort by humanity and look at the time played for the guys with 5K+ humanity, Dilly for example.... You gain humanity when you kill a bandit but its not a large gain at all and the humanity gain over time certainly wouldn't be enough to boost that much humanity (+50 every 150 minutes and only since last week). There's also a bunch of banned known hackers on the first couple of pages. People like to boost humanity because of the myth about heroes running faster.

why dont we do our own humanity loss/gain mechanics?

depending on the person you kill, your own humanity is added or subtracted. say u kill someone with -150k, you gain +10k instantly. whereas you kill someone with -1200 and you only gain +500.

it would take some planning and some good math tables to balance it, but is this possible to do? do we have access to those hooks in the game?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
Seaweed wrote:

why dont we do our own humanity loss/gain mechanics?

depending on the person you kill, your own humanity is added or subtracted. say u kill someone with -150k, you gain +10k instantly. whereas you kill someone with -1200 and you only gain +500.

it would take some planning and some good math tables to balance it, but is this possible to do? do we have access to those hooks in the game?

Id have to look into it more, everything is possible its just a question of time and how insane I go in the process usually! I can see flaws in your suggestion already though, because I know for a fact plenty of hardcore bandits definitely want to kill you omen, and I don't think they'd appreciate the humanity gain of 12k for doing so....

Some of the functions required for more drastic changes might not be possible to bring from client to mission, but certainly from some of the code I've seen we could revamp it somewhat.

I'll add it to my to do list, I guess I have loads of potential ideas floating around mostly involving new actions like with the gutting. At the moment I'm thinking about something more simple, so say for a hero they can chose the "bury body" option instead of gut, replacing the body with a grave and a cross. Not sure if I would still be able to make it lootable after they had done this though, so it wouldn't really be seen as a "heroic" task by the person who had just ran 40 mins to get back to their body. Or I could just add the cross and leave the body I guess but remove the option to gut the body from those dirty bandits and of course reward the hero with +250 humanity....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:51 pm 

No Gamer Profile
i like the cross idea. once the cross is erected, remove the menu item to gut from that dead player.

i wonder how taviana did the lootable crosses.

as for the humanity gain/loss on kill, 12k was just a quick number showing the extreme of killing someone with sick negative humanity. what do the humanity tables look like right now? is it weighted on that persons current humanity or is it static and based on whether or not the victim is a bandit. or is it damage related? i am curious as to what the exact method is for calculating how much humanity we gain or lose per kill.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
i like the cross idea. once the cross is erected, remove the menu item to gut from that dead player.

i wonder how taviana did the lootable crosses.

as for the humanity gain/loss on kill, 12k was just a quick number showing the extreme of killing someone with sick negative humanity. what do the humanity tables look like right now? is it weighted on that persons current humanity or is it static and based on whether or not the victim is a bandit. or is it damage related? i am curious as to what the exact method is for calculating how much humanity we gain or lose per kill.

Code:
if (count _array > 0) then {
   _source = _array select 0;
   _method = _array select 1;
   if (!isNull _source) then {
      if (_source != player) then {
         _canHitFree =    player getVariable ["freeTarget",false];
         _isBandit = (["Bandit",typeOf player,false] call fnc_inString);
         _myKills =       ((player getVariable ["humanKills",0]) / 30) * 1000;
         if (!_canHitFree and !_isBandit) then {
            //Process Morality Hit
            _humanity = -(2000 - _myKills);
            _kills =       _source getVariable ["humanKills",0];
            _source setVariable ["humanKills",(_kills + 1),true];
            _wait = 300;
         } else {
            //Process Morality Hit
            //_humanity = _myKills * 100;
            _killsV =       _source getVariable ["banditKills",0];
            _source setVariable ["banditKills",(_killsV + 1),true];
            _wait = 0;
         };
         if (_humanity < 0) then {
            _wait = 0;
         };
         if (!_canHitFree and !_isBandit) then {
            //["dayzHumanity",[_source,_humanity,_wait]] call broadcastRpcCallAll;
            dayzHumanity = [_source,_humanity,_wait];
            publicVariable "dayzHumanity";
         };
      };
   };
   _body setVariable ["deathType",_method,true];
};

I thought I read it was based on damage but now I look at the code

_humanity = -(2000 - (number of kills you have / 30) * 1000) );

I think _myKills is probably kills in that life rather than kills overall, otherwise you would probably gain humanity with every kill you made omen :lol:

For the bandit kills it looks like it adds 0 humanity unless I missed something, which is strange because I swear it gave extra humanity. I might just be looking at the wrong bit of clientside code I guess...