Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Self Blood Bag w/ High Risk of Passing Out?

Post subject: Self Blood Bag w/ High Risk of Passing Out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:24 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Any way to implement this and add a high risk of passing out? (max 1 min timer)

great for the lone wolves or bandits that are forced into that situation (time when they can play - night when no one else is on)

hunting rabbits is fun and all, but it would be nice to be able to do this myself since my play hours dont really coincide with my team mates.

http://opendayz.net/threads/krixes-self ... ript.9212/

Post subject: Re: Self Blood Bag w/ High Risk of Passing Out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:38 pm 

No Gamer Profile
i also noticed that you can set the infection chance. setting this very high will force people to carry antibotics. this may draw more traffic to towns with hospitals.

also, tonight im not gunna be playing much. i am going to work on map revisions and fix the hospital wall glitching. i will be in team speak though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Yeah but antibiotics are common as shit. I've known about the script a while, maybe I should actually look at the code to see how big the delay is. I always thought I wouldn't bother with it because there would be nothing more frustrating in a firefight than to hit a lone guy or even a guy in a squad, have him go behind cover and be back at full blood....

Be interesting to hear what others think about it though?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:58 pm 

No Gamer Profile
i know they added a timer.

and a chance of passing out, or a mandatory pass out would be cool. i ate all 8 rabbits fighting Izer last night. saved my ass. i woulda been dead for sure if i had tried to blood bag or had a 30 sec pass out timer. this is something id only use when its safe to do so.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:27 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
Mayby if it takes like 1 minute and people see you are doing it like the movement you make when you bandage it would be cool yea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:21 am 

IGN: [JT]X25Keanesta
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 113.7 hrs
Humanity: 778

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 6
Deaths: 65
Zombies Killed: 1,396

I'm not a bandit!
Eberteby wrote:
Mayby if it takes like 1 minute and people see you are doing it like the movement you make when you bandage it would be cool yea

Ya I played on a different private hive yesterday (I'm a traitor, I know lol) and they had this feature and it did just this. It was perfect because I was very vulnerable for about a minute while it was happening.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:33 am 

IGN: FluffyScarecrow
Current Life: 6.9 hrs
Time Alive: 29.1 hrs
Humanity: 867

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 3
Zombies Killed: 272

I'm not a bandit!
I would like this a lot, since I play as a lone wolf quite often.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:26 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
I'm trialing it after the 4pm restart here's the settings I went with for now

Code:
_bloodAmount = 4000; // Amount of blood to give to player
_bloodbagUseTime = 60; // Amount of time it takes in second for the player to use the self bloodbag
_bloodbagLastUsedTime = 300; // Amount of time in seconds before player can use self bloodbag again after a succesful use

_infectionChance = 3; // Percent chance of player infection on self bloodbag (10 = 10% | 2 = 50% | 1 = 100%)
_infectedLifeBool = true; // Whether the player can loose life if infected (True = On | False = off)
_infectedLifeLost = 1500; // Amount of life to loose in becomes infected

_humanityBool = false; // Whether the player can get humanity from giving self a bloodbag (True = On | False = off)
_humanityAmount = 50; // Amount of humanity to give player if _humanityBool is true (250 is default for normal bloodbags)

Things I don't like about the default code

- It doesn't actually infect you it just subtracts a preset amount of blood (I can probably change this to infect you and include blood loss)
- There's no chance for it to knock you out (I can definitely add this)

I haven't actually played with it so I'll test it tonight when I'm home from work before I start making my own tweaks and additions to it, assuming we are keeping it....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:24 pm 

No Gamer Profile
so we only get 4000 blood from this and have a 33% chance of becoming infected which will make us lose 1500 blood, leaving us with 2500 gain and it takes 60 seconds to do this?

this makes it not even worth it to be honest.

you get more blood from 2 cooked rabbits instantly and no chance of losing any blood. I figured we would get the full 12k plus a chance of being infected like we would by normal transfusions.

Ideally:
12k blood
60 sec transfusion time
10% chance of being infected (normal infection)
33% chance of being knocked out with a max of 1 min timer

This would leave you with a risk of not getting the full 12k, could take up to 2 minutes to transfuse yourself and also make it so you should carry one extra antibiotics with you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:27 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
It could be cool if it only took Heroes 30 seconds or something, or immunity to infection...Might give them something to be happy about.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:32 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
so we only get 4000 blood from this and have a 33% chance of becoming infected which will make us lose 1500 blood, leaving us with 2500 gain and it takes 60 seconds to do this?

this makes it not even worth it to be honest.

you get more blood from 2 cooked rabbits instantly and no chance of losing any blood. I figured we would get the full 12k plus a chance of being infected like we would by normal transfusions.

Ideally:
12k blood
60 sec transfusion time
10% chance of being infected (normal infection)
33% chance of being knocked out with a max of 1 min timer

This would leave you with a risk of not getting the full 12k, could take up to 2 minutes to transfuse yourself and also make it so you should carry one extra antibiotics with you.

No way I'm ever going to make it 12k man trust me when I say there will be people who exploit the shit out of it. Also the more I increase the timer to do the bloodbagging the more likely they will be to exploit other glitches.

With my settings right now you could be at 100 blood, and be back to full health in 10 minutes. At most it would take you one extra blood bag and another 5 minutes. I think thats still a lot faster than hunting loads of animals or finding someone to blood bag you.

I might make it 6k but it still takes less time to give yourself 3 bloodbags (even with the 5 minute delay) than it does to hunt and kill 8 rabbits. Also a traditional "infection" is a minor inconvenience at most these days, since antibiotics are everywhere. I will still try and incorporate it along with the blood loss but infection alone is not an issue at all, especially when you just got back to 12k blood.

I also have no control over the timer length if I want to knock someone out.

tomisafish wrote:
It could be cool if it only took Heroes 30 seconds or something, or immunity to infection...Might give them something to be happy about.

This I can do however :) maybe give them slightly more blood too. I'm probably going to randomize all the variables at least a bit anyway (blood gained/lost) so it's not quite so predictable.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:51 pm 

No Gamer Profile
1 cow is 4800

2 rabbits is 3200

i mean its cool and all that youre adding this, but i guess i will stick to hunting.

not worth carrying a blood bag and antibiotics when those 2 slots could be used for 2 rabbit meat. other people may find this useful though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:13 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
1 cow is 4800

2 rabbits is 3200

i mean its cool and all that youre adding this, but i guess i will stick to hunting.

not worth carrying a blood bag and antibiotics when those 2 slots could be used for 2 rabbit meat. other people may find this useful though.

You dont need the anti bios as its not a proper infection so with probability taken into account 1 bloodbag is on average worth 2666

The settings were just my first guess tho and I can change them once people bave a chance to use them and give feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:32 pm 

IGN: [SFG] DKmintz
Current Life: 1.6 hrs
Time Alive: 28.3 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 5
Zombies Killed: 128

I'm not a bandit!
I side with Omen on the amount of blood being given, it should replenish max health.

I also agree with Seaweed that it would be exploited to shit.

Keeping both those points in mind;

-12k Blood (it is a blood transfusion after all)
-60 Second transfusion (perhaps it could be forced out of combat only?)
-1 use only after each server restart
-Keep infection chance as normal (antibiotics would be needed as opposed to a standard blood loss)

The 12k blood boost is a must imo, thats the point of a blood tf.
To avoid abuse in a gunfight, the 60 second timer as pretty important. Heck make it 120 seconds.
One use per restart would avoid the abuse.
The use of antibiotics is important as I think this makes a blood tf worth two slots in the inventory. Make an infection attempt require painkillers also for three slots.

Or why not add that in order to self blood tf, you have to be in the grounds of a hospital or a medical tent.

I dont know if any of that is possible to code in or if its even worth the hassle to do because I am clueless to this stuff and im too lazy to learn.

Just my tuppenceworth dudes :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:13 pm 

No Gamer Profile
I am not liking the once per restart, but I know its possible to set it so its not possible to transfuse yourself while in combat. I saw some people make changes to the code to restrict its use while your combat indicator is flashing.

Also, where we can bloodbag ourselves shouldn't be restricted. There would be no point in carrying one if you had to use it at the hospital. Finding a safe, quiet location out in the woods, where youre going to be busy for 60 secs administering it, and another minute for possible knockout.

I would like to test the limitations of the timer and see if there are ways to exploit it. May try it on the test server tonight. Maybe if the timer doesnt run out, you arent given your blood. Thats how it is now I believe. You dont get the blood until the sequence has run out. I hope thats the case anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:13 am 

IGN: Rousch
Current Life: 14.0 hrs
Time Alive: 228.2 hrs
Humanity: 2,875

Murders: 10
Bandit Kills: 3
Deaths: 51
Zombies Killed: 1,834

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm not a bandit!
How will the new changes affecting the blood bags in the upcoming patch affect this? I see that Blood bags and meat are not going to give instant health any more, instead will produce a heal over time effect.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:09 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Rousch wrote:
How will the new changes affecting the blood bags in the upcoming patch affect this? I see that Blood bags and meat are not going to give instant health any more, instead will produce a heal over time effect.

When the new patch comes out we'll be on completely default code

I will gradually add mods back as and where they are needed over time....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:55 pm 

IGN: ConnorGriffiths
Current Life: 9.3 hrs
Time Alive: 315.0 hrs
Humanity: -384,739

Murders: 200
Bandit Kills: 102
Deaths: 168
Zombies Killed: 3,105

I'm a bandit!
Instead of having the one per restart blood bag tf, i've seen on some servers that it isn't possible to self blood bag within a certain time of another, i think it was something like 15000 seconds, although i don't have any idea how it was done or how hard it would be to implement as i don't know a thing about coding :P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:01 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Connor wrote:
Instead of having the one per restart blood bag tf, i've seen on some servers that it isn't possible to self blood bag within a certain time of another, i think it was something like 15000 seconds, although i don't have any idea how it was done or how hard it would be to implement as i don't know a thing about coding :P

Code:
_bloodbagLastUsedTime = 300; // Amount of time in seconds before player can use self bloodbag again after a succesful use

That would just need to be changed to the desired seconds needed between transfusions.

I wouldnt mind seeing a 10 minute interval. 600 seconds.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:01 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Connor wrote:

That's just a variable in the script, I already have it set to 5 minutes at the moment I might try a longer delay of say 4 hours and a 12k blood value with a 20% failure chance. People are going to glitch it though, and by adding a bigger delay you just provide the bug abusers with more incentive to be dicks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:13 pm 

No Gamer Profile
lol holy crap 4 hours AND a 20% chance for failure?! An unreasonable limit is just gunna make people relog or want to find ways to get around a once-per-restart cooldown timer. 30 minutes max in my opinion. what was the original setting?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:15 pm 

I'm a bandit!
My Ideal Self-Bloodbag
- by Tom

• Heals between 2000-9000 blood.
  • 50-60% Chance of infection (Could be affected by humanity?)
  • 15-25% Chance of failure.
  • 10-20% Knockout chance on completion.
  • Low chance to "cut a vein" and lose 1500 blood.
  • Moving mid-transfusion and cancelling it gives a percentage chance to lose blood.
  • Takes 60 seconds for Survivors and Bandits.
  • Takes 40 seconds for Heroes.
  • You must wait 10 minutes before you are able to Self-Bloodbag again. (5 minutes is not long enough)

I feel like these values (with some minor changes most likely) could create a more balanced Self-Bloodbag system without making people want to abuse it.
High risk - High reward

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:22 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Mine:

*12k blood
*60 sec application timer
*10%-33% chance of infection (real HIV style infection)
*0% chance of failure (its lame that you carry something and it doesnt work, not worth wasting a inventory slot imo unless the possible reward outweights the risk - balance. you cant fail on other players, why make it possible for us to fail on ourselves)
*0% risk of cutting yourself (if i wanna top off my blood and im at 10k, and i transfuse and drop right back to 10.5k, it will be annoying and a waste of time. if youre taking a full minute to perform this, you should get every drop and its taking longer because youre performing it on youself so youre being extra careful. you dont cut other players, why make it possible for it to cut ourselves)
*30 min cooldown

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:26 pm 

I'm a bandit!
If we do decide on 12K and no failure then I would definitely like to see a slightly longer application time and cooldown for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:28 pm 

No Gamer Profile
tomisafish wrote:
If we do decide on 12K and no failure then I would definitely like to see a slightly longer application time and cooldown for sure.

me too