Time Alive: 59.4 hrs
Humanity: 58

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 6
Deaths: 44
Zombies Killed: 759

I'm not a bandit!
Firstly, thanks for hosting such a great server :P

Heres some suggestions that i think would give people more of an incentive to play and ultimately bring more players :)

1. To fit with Omens different "ranks", (Serial Killer, Saint, Etc) offer rewards (relative to whether someone has negative or positive humanity) for certain milestones. For example, when someone reaches -20,000 humanity, they will spawn with a makarov. Or when someone reaches 20,000 humanity, they will spawn with some medical supplies. (just examples, obviously it would have to be balanced)

2. Maybe some features for clans, like a section under your avatar with details of which clan you are in, the total time played for all members in the clan, the average lifetime of members in the clan, total kills by members of the clan, etc. A forum section for clan chat would be really helpful, as by now our clan (ARNIE) has become friendly with other clans (omens group, ANTIG) so we often arrange battles and wars. A seperate section for clans would reduce cluttering up other sections and maybe even a sticky that lists all the current clans and their members.
It could also be useful for if someone wanted to create a clan they could create a registration thread.

I'll edit and bump this thread when my clan comes up with more ideas, also sorry for the horrible grammar i've been awake for 20 hours.

Post subject: Re: Conan's Suggestions :)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:54 pm 

No Gamer Profile
I believe we can use the "groups" feature of the forum to create clans. People will be able to view the groups/clans and its members. I will look into this today. I think I can set a clans forum to only allow members of that clan access. So you guys can organize members, go over tactics, discuss stuff amongst yourselves etc.

I also like the ideas of custom load outs based on humanity. It would be almost like "skill levels" or XP. Seaweed, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe this is something we could code fairly easily.

How bad ass would that be to have a hero in your clan who tries not to kill on sight because they are the clan hero who heals members during battles and If he is killed during a fight, he will respawn with some blood bags and will try to get back to his crew ASAP and heal them. If he loses too much humanity, he starts respawning with just morphine and bandages. Lose even more and he's spawns in again with normal loot. We would have to keep an eye out for boosters who may try to abuse the system.

Post subject: Re: Conan's Suggestions :)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:10 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
I believe we can use the "groups" feature of the forum to create clans. People will be able to view the groups/clans and its members. I will look into this today.

I also like the ideas of custom load outs based on humanity. It would be almost like "skill levels" or XP. Seaweed, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe this is something we could code fairly easily.

How bad ass would that be to have a hero in your clan who tries not to kill on sight because they are the clan hero who heals members during battles and If he is killed during a fight, he will respawn with some blood bags and will try to get back to his crew ASAP and heal them. If he loses too much humanity, he starts respawning with just morphine and bandages. Lose even more and he's spawns in again with normal loot. We would have to keep an eye out for boosters who may try to abuse the system.

Yeah I really like this idea and its definitely codeable, youd have the new loadout every spawn as long as your humanity was above/below certain level(s).

I wouldn't want to give anything too overpowered out but it would definitely be good to give people something based on rank and humanity. We also have the soldier skin we could give people who reach some kind of humanity rank either positive or negative.

I really like giving hero skins meds on spawn, and maybe slightly larger backpacks the only tough bit really is maintaining balance and not giving away anything too crazy like guns etc.