Current Life: 5.7 hrs
Time Alive: 485.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,218

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 161
Zombies Killed: 7,863

I'm not a bandit!
Preface: the goal of this is to inspire players to act towards a more long term goal and try to survive it which is a common theme in survival horror. there are some variations to this but this is one, so if you don't like the lore aspect of it that can easily be changed

The Idea: Each month or couple of months there is a 24-72h event where
    - Fallen players are re-spawned as alien/x-files zombie soldiers that can call upon hordes of zombies to attack bases and wreak havoc.

- Zombies in towns become unfairly more dangerous and relentless for the duration of the event.

- Zombies do not re-spawn after being killed during that event but every non-zombie player that dies spawns a zombie.

- Several alien motherships spawn throughout the land and the defending players can try to take them out if they want to fight back.

- Reward: Players that manage to take down one of the mother-ships first is rewarded with a shield generator that allows their base to be immune until the event ends.

-(Optional): Derelict Carrier Ship off the coast players must get to in order to survive?

Mechanics: I'm not an expert of DayZ modding but I imagine this can be done without having to introduce new assets to the game:
    - 'Alien Zombie soldier looks' : attach an invisible irremovable glowstick/roadflare to the player model to make them look glowy and special.

- 'Alien Zombie soldier weapon': a timer active throwable item that zombies are drawn to and attack, this allows that Zplayer to call them fourth to a desired target.

- "Alien Mothership" looks : two flipped existing sail ship models symmetrically meshed into one another can create a wierd-looking round metal structure?

- Zombie AI changes: they do not distinguish between day and night and if possible they don't slow down.

- Bases: since its unfair to attack a player's base when they are offline the owner of each base can declare a time during the event when they intend to be logged on (although this is a good reason for them to enlist others to help them).

- Reward looks: This can look like a Radome or one of the more tech looking ARMA2 assets.

Post subject: Re: Mod suggestion: Monthly *End*game
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:13 pm 

IGN: MrZilvervis
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 500.3 hrs
Humanity: -549,378

Murders: 249
Bandit Kills: 170
Deaths: 259
Zombies Killed: 2,942

I'm a bandit!
RadX wrote:
Preface: the goal of this is to inspire players to act towards a more long term goal and try to survive it which is a common theme in survival horror. there are some variations to this but this is one, so if you don't like the lore aspect of it that can easily be changed

The Idea: Each month or couple of months there is a 24-72h event where
    - Fallen players are re-spawned as alien/x-files zombie soldiers that can call upon hordes of zombies to attack bases and wreak havoc.

- Zombies in towns become unfairly more dangerous and relentless for the duration of the event.

- Zombies do not re-spawn after being killed during that event but every non-zombie player that dies spawns a zombie.

- Several alien motherships spawn throughout the land and the defending players can try to take them out if they want to fight back.

- Reward: Players that manage to take down one of the mother-ships first is rewarded with a shield generator that allows their base to be immune until the event ends.

-(Optional): Derelict Carrier Ship off the coast players must get to in order to survive?

Mechanics: I'm not an expert of DayZ modding but I imagine this can be done without having to introduce new assets to the game:
    - 'Alien Zombie soldier looks' : attach an invisible irremovable glowstick/roadflare to the player model to make them look glowy and special.

- 'Alien Zombie soldier weapon': a timer active throwable item that zombies are drawn to and attack, this allows that Zplayer to call them fourth to a desired target.

- "Alien Mothership" looks : two flipped existing sail ship models symmetrically meshed into one another can create a wierd-looking round metal structure?

- Zombie AI changes: they do not distinguish between day and night and if possible they don't slow down.

- Bases: since its unfair to attack a player's base when they are offline the owner of each base can declare a time during the event when they intend to be logged on (although this is a good reason for them to enlist others to help them).

- Reward looks: This can look like a Radome or one of the more tech looking ARMA2 assets.

That sounds like a great idea! Maybe we should spawn ppl with as50's aswell from now on

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:07 am 

IGN: Hunter2000
Current Life: 5.7 hrs
Time Alive: 485.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,218

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 161
Zombies Killed: 7,863

I'm not a bandit!
Mrzilvervis wrote:

That sounds like a great idea! Maybe we should spawn ppl with as50's aswell from now on

I don't see why my suggestions merits a sarcastic response, I was not suggesting to overpower stuff, on the contrary.

And since you brought up AS50 (again) : it is a very real Anti-material sniper rifle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accuracy_I ... ional_AS50 and its main disadvantage that doesn't translate to the game is its cumbersome weight and size (for comparison the M16 weighs about 20% of the AS50) which makes it mostly unsuitable as an assault rifle, thus an army of snipers with AS50 would fail and exhaust far too quickly without support.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:56 pm 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs
Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I like the idea behind it, some sort of long term survival where you dont get a second chance and that rewards you with a champion title or "survived the actual apocolyps skin" or something but that whole alien tech thing is kinda not how i feel about the DayZ athmosphere.

Id like to see some sort of szenario though where there is a time span (24-48hrs) in which dead players dont get revived and maybe with some objectiv to reach like building a sustainable base or something.

Maybe it would be possible to get more and stronger zombies over time so you have to play early to build up an advantage since if you only spawn in right before closing time the zombies will rip you up within minutes.

This however would require an incredible amount of modding and resources i assume so i dont realy see it happen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:51 pm 

IGN: Investoren
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
No deal. If I want event playing, I go play Battle Royal mod (or other mods)on other servers, with my mates. The harmony at the server atm, is just as it should be!