Time Alive: 62.0 hrs
Humanity: 6,962

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 23
Zombies Killed: 725

I'm a hero!
Hi Folks.

On Thursday we made a little trip to NEAF at around 11 pm gmt+1 and started looting. Business as usual. We had two snipers covering the area and the buildings, we were there for at least half an hour. Everything seemed pretty safe. Shortly after the restart though, a bandit appeared out of nowhere right inside the barracks, shot one of us and shortly after got picked up by our snipers. Nothing unusual here aside from the fact that he must have logged in the barracks. But as we tried to recover our stuff we noticed that he had just hid the body of our buddy and left. That kept me thinking.

I see that hiding bodies is a nice feature here and there to cover your tracks. I can also see why some people find childish joy in hiding the bodies of their fallen prey just to troll. But since 3rd Person is now deactivated for realistic reasons - why should it be continuedly allowed to hide bodies?

Reason this. If you are in the woods it is fairly easy. Get some twigs and foliage, pile it over the body: done. But right inside a building? How do you dispose of a body, if you don't have huge amounts of hydrochloric acid or a bunch of hungry pigs ready? And even that would take some time and leave a considerable mess.

Even if you would be able to bury a body in the woods hastily (I am not speaking about doing it properly with a spade, that is fine, takes its time and results in a cloud of undead groupies appearing) you would not be able to do it so deep one wouldn't be able to recover the body and - most importandly - the stuff he carried.

My suggestions:
  • Disable hiding bodies everywhere outside the woods or meadows (try digging a hole on tarmac.)
  • Enable people to drag bodies around so IF you want to bury someone - drag him to the woods or on grass.
  • For fast hiding I could imagine an option that replaces the body by a grave (without the cross) but keeps the inventory (not the cardboard box that appeares after regular burials which you can just shoot and burn - and is blatandly obvious). This would somewhat hide bodies without the annoyance of removing all the inventory.
  • If someone wants to troll and destroy the inventory he has to either strip the body naked or bury him with a spade and afterwards destroy the crate. This would leave him to consider the blazing flames of the crate burning down and the pesty zombies. If he still likes that, GG. (Though I would up the time it takes to bury someone - digging a man sized hole takes some time, to be honest.)

What do you think? Please don't just give me an "It's in the game so deal with it." We're talking about bugZ, so come on.

Post subject: Re: Hiding Player's Bodies
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:03 am 

IGN: Selo
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 121.1 hrs
Humanity: -38,135

Murders: 22
Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 123
Zombies Killed: 3,132

I'm a bandit!
Arfour wrote:
Hi Folks.

On Thursday we made a little trip to NEAF at around 11 pm gmt+1 and started looting. Business as usual. We had two snipers covering the area and the buildings, we were there for at least half an hour. Everything seemed pretty safe. Shortly after the restart though, a bandit appeared out of nowhere right inside the barracks, shot one of us and shortly after got picked up by our snipers. Nothing unusual here aside from the fact that he must have logged in the barracks. But as we tried to recover our stuff we noticed that he had just hid the body of our buddy and left. That kept me thinking.

I see that hiding bodies is a nice feature here and there to cover your tracks. I can also see why some people find childish joy in hiding the bodies of their fallen prey just to troll. But since 3rd Person is now deactivated for realistic reasons - why should it be continuedly allowed to hide bodies?

Reason this. If you are in the woods it is fairly easy. Get some twigs and foliage, pile it over the body: done. But right inside a building? How do you dispose of a body, if you don't have huge amounts of hydrochloric acid or a bunch of hungry pigs ready? And even that would take some time and leave a considerable mess.

Even if you would be able to bury a body in the woods hastily (I am not speaking about doing it properly with a spade, that is fine, takes its time and results in a cloud of undead groupies appearing) you would not be able to do it so deep one wouldn't be able to recover the body and - most importandly - the stuff he carried.

My suggestions:
  • Disable hiding bodies everywhere outside the woods or meadows (try digging a hole on tarmac.)
  • Enable people to drag bodies around so IF you want to bury someone - drag him to the woods or on grass.
  • For fast hiding I could imagine an option that replaces the body by a grave (without the cross) but keeps the inventory (not the cardboard box that appeares after regular burials which you can just shoot and burn - and is blatandly obvious). This would somewhat hide bodies without the annoyance of removing all the inventory.
  • If someone wants to troll and destroy the inventory he has to either strip the body naked or bury him with a spade and afterwards destroy the crate. This would leave him to consider the blazing flames of the crate burning down and the pesty zombies. If he still likes that, GG. (Though I would up the time it takes to bury someone - digging a man sized hole takes some time, to be honest.)

What do you think? Please don't just give me an "It's in the game so deal with it." We're talking about bugZ, so come on.

I would really appreciate it, if it was required to have a shovel. More than one time I lost my spoils of war to a aggressive Newspawn whom I killed just to realize he was on a "suicide-hide" mission to hide his own, previously killed body.

Also / Or the timer must be MUCH higher, in numbers around 30 seconds or a minute until a body is hidden. Then I'll be fine :(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:51 am 

IGN: Torkmastaflex
Current Life: 11.2 hrs
Time Alive: 369.4 hrs
Humanity: -15,792

Murders: 20
Bandit Kills: 26
Deaths: 187
Zombies Killed: 3,775

I'm a bandit!
Similar to dropping gear, could the body be randomly placed 50m in any open area outside of buildings?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:54 am 

IGN: Mr.Brown
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 0

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: -1
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm a bandit!
Word! It seems like some ppl dont care about fighting till the end and just let the last squad /team member suicide in Your face and hiding as much bodies as possible! Maybe its possible to make the body hide Animation longer than a Minute whilst you are unable to move during the process!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:27 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
Don't know how much is possible with coding but if it get's changed I would suggest these things :

If on concrete = hiding bodies without shovel + crowbar or hatchet -> 2 minutes
If no shovel / crowbar / hatchet impossible

If not on concrete = hiding bodies with shovel -> 15 seconds
If no shovel -> 1 minute

Think this is more realistic and codeable I don't know^^

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:31 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Or as I suggested in TS a few days ago: make a shovel obligatory to hide sth. This way newspawns couldnt hide anything at all!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:48 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
If achievable i'm all for restricting hiding bodies to players with a shovel. :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:31 pm 

IGN: Hunter2000
Current Life: 5.7 hrs
Time Alive: 485.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,218

Murders: 7
Deaths: 161
Zombies Killed: 7,863

I'm not a bandit!
I get that no one likes their corpse hidden, I don't either but I still prize the game for its realism when possible so consider this:
Using 20L of Gas +Matches you can incinerate a character and its equipment,rendering it mostly unsable, Weapons also since guns that are not cleaned tend to get jammed from all the ash and dirt.

Another method is using explosives on a body, its already pretty silly that all of the equipment from a body shot with a 203 HE round is left completely usuable.

So considering that hiding bodies sort of balance this lack of realism.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:24 am 

I'm a bandit!
Can we get some feedback from the Admins on this? Only hiding with shovel? I guess its just a little bit "fairer" for all the players, would induce less RAEG and nobody would be such a sissy to leave a server because of it.

Also, it should be no big job to script it!

IF Shovel_Inv
THEN Hide_Yes

Or something like that :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:35 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Selo wrote:
Can we get some feedback from the Admins on this? Only hiding with shovel? I guess its just a little bit "fairer" for all the players, would induce less RAEG and nobody would be such a sissy to leave a server because of it.

IF Shovel_Inv
THEN Hide_Yes

It's on my list of things to look at, I have some more important stuff I need to finish first though. Only enabling the option with a specific item in inventory is easy but I'd like to do more than that if I can.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:53 pm 

IGN: Dampveivals
Current Life: 1.3 hrs
Time Alive: 716.8 hrs
Humanity: -462,507

Murders: 257
Bandit Kills: 163
Deaths: 189
Zombies Killed: 11,977

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
Selo wrote:

IF Shovel_Inv
THEN Hide_Yes

It's on my list of things to look at, I have some more important stuff I need to finish first though. Only enabling the option with a specific item in inventory is easy but I'd like to do more than that if I can.

IMO the only thing needed is for it to take much longer to hide corpses, like 20-30 seconds. The problem atm is that there's just NO downside to hiding a corpse, so why not do it? Hiding a corpse should be a bit of a risk.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:01 am 

IGN: Hunter2000
Current Life: 5.7 hrs
Time Alive: 485.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,218

Murders: 7
Deaths: 161
Zombies Killed: 7,863

I'm not a bandit!
Dampveivals wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
Selo wrote:

IF Shovel_Inv
THEN Hide_Yes

IMO the only thing needed is for it to take much longer to hide corpses, like 20-30 seconds. The problem atm is that there's just NO downside to hiding a corpse, so why not do it? Hiding a corpse should be a bit of a risk.

was writing a bad idea

Anyway the downside is that the hidden corpse hates you and might want revenge.

If I could suggest a more interesting downside: have a chance at getting subconscious guilt for a while: it expresses itself in the form of a phantom avatar of the dead player appear in the far distance at a random moment some time after the corpse hiding to creep/haunt the corpse hiding player :twisted: (effect wears off after 30 min

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:13 am 

IGN: Arfour Foulkesayke
Time Alive: 62.0 hrs
Humanity: 6,962

Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 23
Zombies Killed: 725

I'm a hero!
Dampveivals wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
Selo wrote:

IF Shovel_Inv
THEN Hide_Yes

That might work as a quick solution but it actually makes no difference at all. Hence it takes you a few minutes to get back to your corpse the time for hiding could be 3 to 4 minutes and you would still lose your stuff for good. I would prefer if you couldn't hide anything without a shovel - and within buildings.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:46 pm 

IGN: Lamzak
Current Life: 7.0 hrs
Time Alive: 269.4 hrs
Humanity: 8,359

Murders: 13
Bandit Kills: 49
Deaths: 105
Zombies Killed: 3,460

I'm a hero!
Combine those three, no hiding bodies in buildings, no hiding without shovel, hiding takes 10 - 60 seconds like base removal.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:08 pm 

IGN: reen624
Current Life: 11.0 hrs
Time Alive: 241.8 hrs
Humanity: 35,766

Bandit Kills: 63
Deaths: 99
Zombies Killed: 2,202

I'm a hero!
Timo wrote:
Combine those three, no hiding bodies in buildings, no hiding without shovel, hiding takes 10 - 60 seconds like base removal.

LIKE!!

All of your thoughts are great and any of it is a huge improvement!

I hate that fights where u lost track of your last victim for 10 seconds, just to notice that your friends and your enemies bodys do not exist any more. WHERE THE HECK DID THEY GO !?!? THEY WERE DEAD. WHERE IS THE STUFF? BLACK WHOLES IN CHERNARUS ?