Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
As discussed in the DayZ chat forum I think it would be nice to have some incentive to stay allive longer, maybe measured of time alive, bandit kills in the current live or murders in a current live.

These things could lead to special building options such as hero buildings/bandit buildings and so on.

Post subject: Re: Buildings dependent on lifetime/kills/murders
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:58 pm 

IGN: Selo
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 121.1 hrs
Humanity: -38,135

Murders: 22
Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 123
Zombies Killed: 3,132

I'm a bandit!
Benuar wrote:
As discussed in the DayZ chat forum I think it would be nice to have some incentive to stay allive longer, maybe measured of time alive, bandit kills in the current live or murders in a current live.

These things could lead to special building options such as hero buildings/bandit buildings and so on.

I love the Idea of this! Though I think it should be just cosmetical like the mound of dead bodies in green mountain or the hanged guy buildable or bandits and for heros like... Something positive. Don't know what. Maybe a Church o sth? And it shouldnt be removable and cost like 50 ttk or so, because its just for prestige.

And you can only build it after like 72 hours alive ingame with your reputation (bandit or hero)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:33 pm 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
Another idea i had would be to make buildings of bandits cheaper but easier to break into and the buildings of heros more expensive but saver... idk how that balances out

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:22 am 

IGN: Hunter2000
Current Life: 5.7 hrs
Time Alive: 485.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,218

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 161
Zombies Killed: 7,863

I'm not a bandit!
I don't think the rewards for survival should be so overpowering, after all once the character inevitably perish these advantages should disappear with it.

I think it makes sense that with having survived for many days a survivor would have access to more advanced survival techniques such as:
- placing cheaper traps (for example digging a hidden pit and filling it with sharpened pikes) that disappear after restart.
- being able to build a very basic shelter from wood/rags and leaves(only allow 1 per character) that is like a poor man's tent
- use a hunting knife and fireplace to make arrows
- more useful camo skin/clothing
etc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
The game has no visibility of your lifetime stats only the stats of your current life so this wouldn't really be possible. Could use humanity but I think humanity is a totally flawed system anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:01 pm 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I actualy ment to use the current stats since if we use all time stats some ppl might just afk in their base for a week and from then on will be able to build everything

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Benuar wrote:
I actualy ment to use the current stats since if we use all time stats some ppl might just afk in their base for a week and from then on will be able to build everything

Ah I see, the ohter problem is there aren't really any other cool buildable objects left to use. I have added all the classnames I could find already from what's available to dayzmod. In a dream world I could add my own custom 3d models etc but unfortunately we're restricted to stuff from ARMA. If I was to say make garages only available to bandits with 5 kills that would mean removing peoples existing buildables.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:18 am 

IGN: Christoph
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Hey there.

First of all: I love this idea!

Yet, basebuilding is limited and I think things like the castle should not be in it for it would ruin the atmosphere (at leat i saw in some reviews of the basebuilder 1.3 you can have that).

For me personally basebuilding is the rpg-factor of DayZ. The base grows and developes with my play and every new item finds its place. I can´t tell you where i found one specific sandsack but i´m sure proud of every single one of them. At least thats my standpoint.

So, what I´d propose would be the (no doubt) work-intense way of "awarding" Players with singular items using the map-editor. I know especially for the "fat-cats" like MM, stI or RD bases have to be functional - but maybe I´m not the only one who likes a bit of scenery around his base. For example the Fail Patrol (FP) I belong to - You´d make reen and me more than happy if we could have... let´s say a crashed chopper in our yard, just to underline the Fail in Fail Patrol. ;-)

After all we´re talking about perks, right? I´d suggest we make them more achievment-ish. This could even add more dynamics to the whole server depending on the nature of these achievements. Let´s say; Biggest Squad, nicest base (for its owners will definitly care about some scenery), most tents (cars) in base (which even could attract bandits and therefor limit hoarding), same goes for vehicles... - one could update this twice a month or so, so the workload should/could/may be bearable!?

So far, Seaweed and Co. keep up the good work! Fail Patrol out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Christoph wrote:
Hey there.

First of all: I love this idea!

Yet, basebuilding is limited and I think things like the castle should not be in it for it would ruin the atmosphere (at leat i saw in some reviews of the basebuilder 1.3 you can have that).

For me personally basebuilding is the rpg-factor of DayZ. The base grows and developes with my play and every new item finds its place. I can´t tell you where i found one specific sandsack but i´m sure proud of every single one of them. At least thats my standpoint.

So, what I´d propose would be the (no doubt) work-intense way of "awarding" Players with singular items using the map-editor. I know especially for the "fat-cats" like MM, stI or RD bases have to be functional - but maybe I´m not the only one who likes a bit of scenery around his base. For example the Fail Patrol (FP) I belong to - You´d make reen and me more than happy if we could have... let´s say a crashed chopper in our yard, just to underline the Fail in Fail Patrol. ;-)

After all we´re talking about perks, right? I´d suggest we make them more achievment-ish. This could even add more dynamics to the whole server depending on the nature of these achievements. Let´s say; Biggest Squad, nicest base (for its owners will definitly care about some scenery), most tents (cars) in base (which even could attract bandits and therefor limit hoarding), same goes for vehicles... - one could update this twice a month or so, so the workload should/could/may be bearable!?

So far, Seaweed and Co. keep up the good work! Fail Patrol out.

Yeah I disabled all the ridiculously OP buildings like the castles and huge towers etc when we were getting basebuilding 1.3 working.

I've been through the item list many times and pretty much everything interesting is already in game. I do like the idea though. For the bandits you could have things like hanging bodies etc to decorate their base. I can't think of a hero alternative currently though. I'll keep it in mind next time I'm browsing the full object library.

If dayz 1.8.1 ever comes out and contains the @map_eu expansion like the betas had then there could be a lot more possibilities in future for new basebuilding objects.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:25 pm 

IGN: Christoph
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
If dayz 1.8.1 ever comes out and contains the @map_eu expansion like the betas had then there could be a lot more possibilities in future for new basebuilding objects.

Yeah, well - imo I don´t think we will see another update for the mod. After all there is more money to make out of the standalone and it´s good and fair for the developer to go for it.
Yet I wanted to suggest a way of changing somthing with the capabilities we have right now. Like marking the base with the most tents or vehicles, with the most players, most bandits, most heros etc. pp. by giving them some sort of achievementlike feature.

I´m not disappointed if this, sorta improvised tweek, would be impossible, the server has enough to offer and we did´nt even max out the basebuilding in its current form! I just thought if you guys work on the map anyway you maybe can impllement the existing bases more into the scenery of chernarus. ;-)

Sorry if I repeat myself, i know you got the point... :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Christoph wrote:
Seaweed wrote:

Yeah, well - imo I don´t think we will see another update for the mod. After all there is more money to make out of the standalone and it´s good and fair for the developer to go for it.

Dayzmod has been developed by the community development team ever since rocket started work on the SA in 2012. All code and patches to the mod since then has been developed free by this team.

They have been working on 1.8.1 for quite some time but the problem is that in order for the community developers to release a patch Rocket/Matt/Someone from Bohemia have to approve it as being ok. Razor posted on the dayzmod forums a while ago stating they had asked the SA devs before Christmas for a time window where they are available to test the next patch. Apparently there has been no response from them at all though :(

1.8.1 will come out eventually, along with no doubt a few hotfixes for any new bugs. Its a pain in the ass that Bohemia delay the process like this though. I believe Razor said it's the last update they have planned for the mod because of this. If you're interested you can view the rolling changelog for it here although its not been updated for a while - http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/t ... gelog-181/