Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Should bandit and hero skins be removed?
Yes 55%  55%  [ 12 ]
No 45%  45%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 22

Same skin for everyone

Post subject: Re: Same skin for everyone
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:11 pm 

IGN: Selo
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 121.1 hrs
Humanity: -38,135

Murders: 22
Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 123
Zombies Killed: 3,132

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed if I may add somthing:

I think many players want this, because they have no real possibility to ever play "good" again because of the ridiculous bandit skin (as mentioned before). I completely understand that you don't want ppl to "race" to the Hero status - but right now its really impossible to get back to survivor status.

Things that changed since I am on the server are that you no longer get 500 humanity for burying people is gone (100 now) and Bandits can't be buried. Looking toward the amount of -humanity you get when you kill people it is sooooooooo hard to get back to even survivor status.

Can't we make a compromise of bringing - lets say - back the 500 humanity for bandits but only until you reach like -10k humanity or so, and then you just get +250, from -5k humanity on its only 150 and from -2k on its the actual 100. From then on it should get really hard.

Do you think that's a good idea? Or total crap? Let me hear please.

There ARE players beside me who want to come back to the bright side of life. Its not hard, its really f#cked up to get humanity with a bandit skin!

No whining, just trying to be constructive! :D

Best regards

Selo

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:46 pm 

IGN: TheSmokingMan
Current Life: 10.9 hrs
Time Alive: 16.8 hrs
Humanity: 3,575

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 6
Deaths: 6
Zombies Killed: 29

I'm not a bandit!
I see many people don't like heros shooting bandits on sight. TBH I don't know why exactly that is a problem. A bandit is imo a murderer (a person who KOS) that basically has a bounty on his head and Dayz is like Wilde West. I love to roleplay a hero (sheriff - cherno/electo police) help survivors and kill bandits. If I wasn't allowed to shoot bandits there wouldn't be a point in me carrying a gun at all.

Making everyone a survivor wouldn't stop KoS it would probably just make people even more paranoid toward other survivors cos they couldn't tell them apart from bandits anymore. My hero roleplayng would be ruined. It would take ages to guess who a survivor and who a bandit is if at all possible.

I understand the need for people to try both sides and from time to time switch these sides. That's why I propose a hard cap to humanity which would also discourage stats whoring. Cap humanity from -10k to +10k. Also make shooting unarmed survivors/heroes lose you more humanity.

Also this whole KoS problem on this server I don't think is a problem at all. From what I have played here I see there's a very healthy community here. I mean there's a really good mix of friendly and KoS people and no such extreme intervention is needed at all.

Biggest problem I see is the ammount of food. I mean if we had this much food in real world there wouldn't be a world hunger :D

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:10 am 

IGN: Arfour Foulkesayke
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 62.0 hrs
Humanity: 6,962

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 23
Zombies Killed: 725

I'm a hero!
TheSmokingMan wrote:
I understand the need for people to try both sides and from time to time switch these sides. That's why I propose a hard cap to humanity which would also discourage stats whoring. Cap humanity from -10k to +10k. Also make shooting unarmed survivors/heroes lose you more humanity.

As much as I agree with you on the hard cap I must disagree on the humanity loss. If you would turn up the humanity loss for shooting unarmed people it would reward the "I don't care, I shoot everyone" guys even more.

As you can easily read within the forums they regard the negative humanity as their kind of reward (aka "e-penis") so they want to lose more and more. There shouldn't be any reward whatsoever for shooting unarmed players.

As the poll shows a draw currently I'd like to talk about the other possibilities to solve the problem again. Selo asked about changes in the gain of humanity to get back to survivor/hero faster. I'm not entirely sure this is necessary but I see the point there. It is hard to gain back humanity because you are forced to self defence all the time and the system to recognize who started the brawl is totally screwed. So if you are not running around like a mad undertaker you basically have to stop defending yourself.

I asked this before but didn't get an answer: What is the current point from where on you get the bandit skin? Maybe this should be way higher (or lower as we're talking about negative numbers) so you don't get the damned skin by accident so easy.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Arfour wrote:
TheSmokingMan wrote:
I asked this before but didn't get an answer: What is the current point from where on you get the bandit skin? Maybe this should be way higher (or lower as we're talking about negative numbers) so you don't get the damned skin by accident so easy.

I have thought about changing this before, because as you say so many people are accidental bandits. However the problem with it is that it would mean even more survivors around. Really its survivors who break the current humanity system anyway, as heroes lose a lot of humanity every time they kill them.

It would be nice if there was at least 2 types of survivor, a regular one and one with "blood on his hands" or something. Regardless things like new models and skins are not possible for me to implement :/

To me its a broken concept which can't ever work well, I much prefer the way the SA got rid of "humanity" and skins based on it entirely.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:14 am 

IGN: Torkmastaflex
Current Life: 11.2 hrs
Time Alive: 369.4 hrs
Humanity: -15,792

Murders: 20
Bandit Kills: 26
Deaths: 187
Zombies Killed: 3,775

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
Arfour wrote:
TheSmokingMan wrote:

I have thought about changing this before, because as you say so many people are accidental bandits. However the problem with it is that it would mean even more survivors around. Really its survivors who break the current humanity system anyway, as heroes lose a lot of humanity every time they kill them.

It would be nice if there was at least 2 types of survivor, a regular one and one with "blood on his hands" or something. Regardless things like new models and skins are not possible for me to implement :/

To me its a broken concept which can't ever work well, I much prefer the way the SA got rid of "humanity" and skins based on it entirely.

Then get rid of it. I'm down to remove the system; all it does is identify a player even more. Add hero clothes and other bandit/military clothes and make them rare. I.E. spawn hero clothes inside apartments as rare as finding a rangefinder or camo clothing. I worked hard to get my hero skin 2 days ago, but after reading this post, it would be way easier to drop the whole system and supplement it with more clothes. replace all the crap loot like hoses and floppy wire as well with more useful loot :D

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:42 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Torkmastaflex wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
Arfour wrote:

Then get rid of it. I'm down to remove the system; all it does is identify a player even more. Add hero clothes and other bandit/military clothes and make them rare. I.E. spawn hero clothes inside apartments as rare as finding a rangefinder or camo clothing. I worked hard to get my hero skin 2 days ago, but after reading this post, it would be way easier to drop the whole system and supplement it with more clothes. replace all the crap loot like hoses and floppy wire as well with more useful loot :D

I think that's too big a change from vanilla to make in a server that aims to provide a vanilla style experience. Even the results of this poll are barely in the ideas favor. The more casual players don't tend to read the forums and are more likely not to agree with this suggestion imo. I think if we did remove skins or humanity we'd have a lot more responses like this from people who don't understand the intention of the change:

TheSmokingMan wrote:
Dumbest idea ever!!!

I bet all team deathmatching bandit squads on this server voted yes. This obviously gives them a boost to their gameplay.

If people want to be friendly they can work for the Hero skin! If they just want to KoS they will be flagged as bandits for others to know. If you can't tell a difference people will just assume everyone is a bandit and be killing more on sight, I know I would. If this gets implemented I will just move somewhere else cos I CBA to be a Hero anymore it would be impossible!