Current Life: 5.7 hrs
Time Alive: 485.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,218

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 161
Zombies Killed: 7,863

I'm not a bandit!
So whenever removing base-building comes up I hear people who built a base for a long time saying it would destroy all their hard work that they sweat for(as if they didn't get any return from it already)

Anyway to solve this I suggest giving these people a reward proportional to the size of their base(after it has been removed) : I.e for X containers can give them right to secure a building in a specific city/location with 2 gates(that can be destroyed) Or a crate with a limited ammo missile launcher that can drop for them once a month (they can call for the crash-site supply drop by using a special radio-tower that is constructed instead of their base)
In other words something to make them feel symbolically privileged and at the same time would challenge the whole server to go after them.
it must be something that is not overpowered (other players can destroy it or steal it).

Post subject: Re: Base building compensation program
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:47 am 

IGN: Investoren
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
I loled. Even better than your alien suggestion!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:50 pm 

IGN: Hunter2000

I'm not a bandit!
You can laugh Investmentoren but your insistence on keeping bases is not good for the server and I don't see you trying to come up with a better compromise.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 pm 

IGN: Julien
Current Life: 0.4 hrs
Time Alive: 0.4 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 4

I'm not a bandit!
Agreed with Investoren: Basebuilding is the thing that keeps so many people on the server. of course it has other great features, but without base building a lot of people (including myself honestly) would leave, because it takes the most fun element (IMO) out of it.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:42 am 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs
Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
while i do see your point julien and i also agree with it, we all love basebuilding, i think both of you miss what hunter is about.

At the current rate of basebuilding and growing bases there is no! way that this can go on forever. For basebuilding to be removed or massivly changed is therefore not a question of if but a question of when. Instead of simply denying the problem and hoping for it to go away you could all try to come up with better ideas to decrease the workload on the server and to preserve and improve what we all like so much.

I agree the above idea is a little bit unrealistic but at least someone is trying.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:52 pm 

IGN: Investoren
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
As I wrote in the other thread its pretty simple Benuar. People just have to stop leeching, and actually pay some $$$$ to Seaweed. If he gets enough, we can upgrade the server, a better server that can handle the amount of BB we have at the moment.

And yes, you could perhaps set some sort of rules like "not allowed to have more than 2 or 3 layers max" bla bla etc.
Idunno. I know for a fact that our base is not even a point in wasting time on, trying to brake into it. Even with 200 boxes you wont get it. The base is big, it helps fucking the server performance up, indeed. Until ST joined our server, we basicly had a max of 2 layers, got broken into alot of SFG (ZS biggest clan a while a go).
When ST and the silly retard kid Marian joined, the just walled everything inside with atleast 7-8 layers.
So why wouldnt the rest of the server do as they did? It would be nonsence not doing it...

I just simply get so tired of all the crying whores coming to our server whining about the bb itself. The understatement to alot I know its becuase they dont have bases like we do yet. We've been playing on this server for over 1 year, its not weird we have a big base. My point is, we where also new on this server once, where big resourceful clans with big bases exsisted. We didnt cry, or say one single word about it. Theres no point in it.

And as I fired back at Hunter ingame - "why do I have 50-90fps stable on the server, regardless to the amount of bb?".
People whining about only achieving 10-20 fps - well, dudes, open your eyes, use your small brain, act, and buy a new computer, cuz the one you allready have is completely shit and out of date.
With that said, yes the server lags a bit, it does for everyone, not only because of bb, but because its 50 players online as well. WE NEED A BETTER SERVER! AND EVERYONE HAS TO COOPERATE TO GET A BETTER SERVER, MEANING WE HAVE TO DONATE TO SEAWEED.
As it is with all games, the game cant adapt to your pc, you have to adapt to the game you wanna play. We cant "downgrade" the server, so you lousy leechers with sucky computers can _maybe_ achieve 40fps. geez

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:39 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
I think you are very rude in your reply Investoren and also very wrong in thinking that the root cause is some petty jealousy. you can keep talking like an 11 y/o Call of Duty fan but it doesn't make you sound anymore cool.

I have other priorities than buying a new PC, I didn't realize this server was for rich kids and also if the server is overloaded it doesn't matter how good my PC is.. even if I donate and Seaweed upgrades the hardware it doesn't solve the problem in the long run.

You seem think the game should allow everyone to just bank things away so no one can get at them but I think its unrealistic to a survival situation and somewhat boring. (sorry I don't feel like spending 8+ hours trying to get into your base to get at a bunch of stuff that are nice but I don't really need that badly)

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:21 pm 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs
Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
Investoren wrote:
When ST and the silly retard kid Marian joined, the just walled everything inside with atleast 7-8 layers.

You didnt have to go there, you already have proven the point that you are unable to have a rational argument.

Ill just leave it at that, no words.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:43 pm 

IGN: Wojciech
Current Life: 21.2 hrs
Time Alive: 458.4 hrs
Humanity: -198,816

Murders: 93
Bandit Kills: 136
Deaths: 168
Zombies Killed: 4,476

I'm a bandit!
Investoren wrote:

You have no idea what are you talking about here.

But I agree basebuilding is what makes server interesting. It's something to care about, something which keeps the war between clans and gives experiance that you will not encounter on other servers. I think it's not bad in current shape (i can even imagine actually breaking MM base if somebody really wanted to, however it would take huge amount of time). But it may, and probobly will get too op for big clans in future, that's why I understand admins reactions and I hope for some good solution.

I think that most servers actually has problems with performance when player amount hits 40-50. Maybe I'm wrong but I think most demanding for server is to execute scripts for all zeds when there's so high amount of players. I don't think static objects hits performance so hard.
There are even servers which built whole new cities and expanded existing ones a lot with military bases, hotels, apartaments, industrials and houses (so the existing cities are 2-3 times bigger than original ones).

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:51 am 

I'm not a bandit!
wojos1Artist wrote:
Investoren wrote:

You have no idea what are you talking about here.

But I agree basebuilding is what makes server interesting. It's something to care about, something which keeps the war between clans and gives experiance that you will not encounter on other servers. I think it's not bad in current shape (i can even imagine actually breaking MM base if somebody really wanted to, however it would take huge amount of time). But it may, and probobly will get too op for big clans in future, that's why I understand admins reactions and I hope for some good solution.

I think that most servers actually has problems with performance when player amount hits 40-50. Maybe I'm wrong but I think most demanding for server is to execute scripts for all zeds when there's so high amount of players. I don't think static objects hits performance so hard.
There are even servers which built whole new cities and expanded existing ones a lot with military bases, hotels, apartaments, industrials and houses (so the existing cities are 2-3 times bigger than original ones).

Its not that I have a problem with the concept of base-building in itself but if it continues in its present trend bases grow too big, too secure and the method of breaking into them doesn't really promote war/sieges because the clans become overly secure in their base remaining protected (for example I could easily approach MM base but often enough no one is around and they don't even have to check on it that often because its very unlikely someone would try to break in)

I don't expect players to have to guard their bases 24/7 either but I hope there is a way to make it so bases are more of a source of action and excitement without having to camp them for X restarts until someone decides to go to the keypanel.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:48 am 

IGN: Wojciech
Current Life: 21.2 hrs
Time Alive: 458.4 hrs
Humanity: -198,816

Murders: 93
Bandit Kills: 136
Deaths: 168
Zombies Killed: 4,476

I'm a bandit!
RadX wrote:
I don't expect players to have to guard their bases 24/7 either but I hope there is a way to make it so bases are more of a source of action and excitement without having to camp them for X restarts until someone decides to go to the keypanel.

I think it's matter of picking up a good moment.
I camped/attacked bases quite a few times already and had only one situation when after 2 hours nobody came (I was taking care of different stuff then so I didn't realy waste my time, I was ready to move into action when needed).
Every other time camping base was finished with success or at least with a fight.
Example:
RD kills Stock near crashsite, and Stock spots a Humvee nearby. At this point we decide with Marian to camp RD base. It takes us 10 minutes to go there, park car and move into positions. We wait 15 minutes and suddenly - HUMVEE COMMING UP!! YAY. I died unfortunately, as I had no idea how to fight near RD base back then, but the main target is being acomplished by Marian - Humvee is not longer in RD hands.
We didn't need to wait 8 restarts for it.

Another example - RD had helicopter and accidentaly raided our secondary base thinking that its KRs base. We got mad, we helped RTB to protect when they were breaking into their base. We shot down littlebird - at this point we were happy (that's one situation - action on base). Unfortunatelly I acted wierd and died - lost SVD NSPU, NVG, Coyote bagpack and mk 48. Day after I see RD logging in - I decide to take mu stuff back. I drove car to the west, parked it and went to RD base. I waited literaly no more than 10 minutes until Mr Blonde came - I killed him and got NVG, DMR, GPS and so on.

If you really want to achieve somthing, you really can. As I said, these are only 2 examples, but I have tons of them and I never waited really long. But if you feel like breaking in to MM base, you should group up. It's quite logical that lone wolf will almost never be able to hit huge clan succesfully. And I don't think it would be fair if it became common for lonely players to hit big clans.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:28 am 

IGN: Joe AKA Jonas
Current Life: 0.4 hrs
Time Alive: 0.7 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 1
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
RadX wrote:

Where have you been all the base-fights we had back in the past on Chernarus?
In the past, our base was definitely one of the most dangerous spots. We had alot of Base-related fights with TS/ST/MM and an older clan called PAF(french guys). Sometimes 3 different Clans there at the same time, fighting each other...
We had fights there almost everyday and sometimes we were unable to get inside because someone was camping it from somewhere.
This is one of the most exciting things that could possibly happen if you're able to win a fight at another clans base and perhaps get inside after wipe 'em all! Brilliant!

This is why i have such a strong "binding" to our base an all of it's concept.