Current Life: 1.4 hrs
Time Alive: 4.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 1
Zombies Killed: 82

I'm not a bandit!
So my partner and I were just eliminated in the event. All in all it was pretty good for the first time. However, I do have some definite feedback and criticism. I will try and make it as constructive as possible.

- In the post for the event you said it was going to start at 7 PM GMT. The event did not actually start until 8:05 GMT. I realize that you had to bring in reserves and such, but perhaps you should have asked that everyone be online for 7 PM and said the event would start at 8 PM. Instead I was stuck staring at the lobby for an hour.

- You said you were going to count down to begin the event, and you didn't. You simply said "DEATH TO ALL" and then asked why people weren't doing anything. We were expecting a countdown. In future please be more precise about what you mean, as this provided a disadvantage for everyone.

- Not being able to run or crouch run without a weapon is completely arbitrary. There is no reason for it and just makes you an even easier target for people who have weapons. Only being able to sprint to move fast also more quickly depletes food and water meter. In the future I'd suggest sticking with the ability to run and crouch run without a weapon.

- Helicopters and planes flying over the event are unnecessary and do nothing but provide a distraction. Being able to hear what's around you in an event like this is crucial. If you watch the Survivor Gamez 2, they don't have any admins in-game flying around. There is a reason for that.

I hope this feedback was helpful and didn't come across as rude. Thanks for putting on the event and I hope to see more in the future.

Overlord Kosugi
http://sunnyindayz.com/

Post subject: Re: Feedback from Survivor Games
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:00 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Kosugi wrote:
So my partner and I were just eliminated in the event. All in all it was pretty good for the first time. However, I do have some definite feedback and criticism. I will try and make it as constructive as possible.

- In the post for the event you said it was going to start at 7 PM GMT. The event did not actually start until 8:05 GMT. I realize that you had to bring in reserves and such, but perhaps you should have asked that everyone be online for 7 PM and said the event would start at 8 PM. Instead I was stuck staring at the lobby for an hour.

- You said you were going to count down to begin the event, and you didn't. You simply said "DEATH TO ALL" and then asked why people weren't doing anything. We were expecting a countdown. In future please be more precise about what you mean, as this provided a disadvantage for everyone.

- Not being able to run or crouch run without a weapon is completely arbitrary. There is no reason for it and just makes you an even easier target for people who have weapons. Only being able to sprint to move fast also more quickly depletes food and water meter. In the future I'd suggest sticking with the ability to run and crouch run without a weapon.

- Helicopters and planes flying over the event are unnecessary and do nothing but provide a distraction. Being able to hear what's around you in an event like this is crucial. If you watch the Survivor Gamez 2, they don't have any admins in-game flying around. There is a reason for that.

I hope this feedback was helpful and didn't come across as rude. Thanks for putting on the event and I hope to see more in the future.

Overlord Kosugi
http://sunnyindayz.com/

Nah man feedback is always appreciated, we already aware of some of the issues (setup time) and script need rewiring so we can just input team position and team members to TP them, rather than lots of messing a bout doing individual tps with its current states.

The planes were mainly for admins to keep an eye on the map - this wont be an issue once we are on dedicated hosting and I can use spectator mod.

Personally I'd like to thank all of your for your patience, I knew setup would be a ballache but I think I underestimated how fast I could answer the ridiculous amounts of PM's I was getting on TS.

All of this can be automated and improved though we just need support from you guys :)

Our plans for the future are to move to dedicated hosting this means we can have a separate server for our events, setup times will be near instant and performance in general we be much improved.

Never the less I hope everyone had fun this week, all feedback will be taken on board in preparation for next weeks fun :)