Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Before I get the next one kicked off I want to hear feedback from the competing players for what we can do better next time. I hope you all had fun, this was our first giant event so hopefully we can get the teething problems ironed out and ready to go for the next one!

Sorry the countdown didn't show properly, RCON ignored my 5 4 3 2 1 count and just showed death to all lol

We will have the tents marked on the map next time - Markers are deleted in between restarts and placing the boundrys all over again was a big enough ball ache.

1. Not all players got themselves whitelisted - this is not a difficult thing to do and when I already have 50 teamspeak conversations going at once it does not speed things up for the other players when I am having to run DB queries to do it manually. In future games if I see you get whitelisted kicked you won't play full stop.

2. The time I set on the server was too late meaning it got dark far far too quickly hopefully I have full moon light in place by then, but we will still go for GMT -6 or 7 next time

2. Our teleport script is fast but there's no reason for us not to automate the whole thing, give it team numbers in advance and have it do everyone in one go one go. Omen is going to help out coding this so hopefully for the next event setup times can be a lot less than the one we had this time. I appreciate everyone patience during this no one screwed around which was great to see thanks for this guys.

3. The actual signup process for the events we want to automate by a script too again making things simpler especially for reserves (who will be picked in preference of how many hours they have played in the server)

4. I won't accidentally TK one of the last surviving teams in attempt to hand out night vision goggles :(

I want to thank you all for your patience in getting the games started, I hope you enjoyed youselves once they were and I appreciate any constructive feedback you can give to make the next one even better!

I will edit this post in a little bit with everyones deaths in order, then you can all add your sides to the story :)

I hope you all had fun, it was awesome to see this take place and with input from everyone we can only get bigger and better from here. If the server population continues to grow once we hit 20 players avg at peak hours I will be ordering dedicated hosting. This means I can run a separate as well as our standard server for the events and all will go nice and smoothly.

Deathlog (incomplete for now)
20:10:46 - gmart
20:12:10 - Dannyman191 (Teammate TK)
20:28:07 - PastaEverywhere
20:30:16 - Limbless torso (Teammate TK) OLOLOL Omen
20:32:36 - CplGrant
20:40:57 - Rob
20:42:01 - Slong Gargaler
20:42:16 - 08nichb30
20:43:41 - Tomahol1
20:46:47 - funker
20:46:48 - Mark
20:47:14 - Omen
20:50:36 - Acid
20:50:42 - jeppeake
20:53:31 - Tangokat
20:53:57 - Chuper
20:54:47 - Artyom
20:55:21 - SilverStream
21:07:50 - Overlord Kosugi
21:11:22 - Grodenn
21:16:27 - SynicHEX
21:23:04 - logos
21:26:39 - Danny
21:26:46 - LuzzR
21:32:01 - Lemon squeeze
21:36:03 - gopie
21:52:26 - Trisslotten
21:53:14 - StAsH
21:58:01 - Michael
22:05:59 - Spirito
22:50:59 - KoKane

Seems to me like the logs don't include everything (maybe not when people bled out?) , once I'm done combing them for hacker commands I'll see if we can get it more up to date, in the mean time input from you guys is appreciated so we can get the killers names in too :)

Ilstad + Madjensen and 007dinosaur + banana4321 Tie for victory due to drunk admins :(

Post subject: Re: Survivor Games Feedback
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:21 pm 

IGN: Ilstad
Current Life: 4.2 hrs
Time Alive: 9.6 hrs
Humanity: 3,178

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 4
Zombies Killed: 85

I'm not a bandit!
After playing, there were only to things i want to point out. First make the tents acually contane somthing. We as the first team reaching the tents, found a draganow -.- I got usfull to scear off outher players. But we to the risk and runn for the tents and didn't get rewarded :(

Second, make the final phase in a town, it will create more acton, what we saw yasterday was the the last team were sitting in a tree, to sceard to do enything.
You can start the event in one place off the map, and say that players have 20 min to get to a complitly diffrent place. Like start at nwaf. And the sett phase to around. Cherno and Elektro. So teams have to take a risk getting down there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:46 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed

I'm a bandit!
Ilstad wrote:
After playing, there were only to things i want to point out. First make the tents acually contane somthing. We as the first team reaching the tents, found a draganow -.- I got usfull to scear off outher players. But we to the risk and runn for the tents and didn't get rewarded :(

Second, make the final phase in a town, it will create more acton, what we saw yasterday was the the last team were sitting in a tree, to sceard to do enything.
You can start the event in one place off the map, and say that players have 20 min to get to a complitly diffrent place. Like start at nwaf. And the sett phase to around. Cherno and Elektro. So teams have to take a risk getting down there.

The tents will always be a surprise, some weeks i will troll you others there might be a machine gun, but I will also place a few tents outside of the starting area at random locations for next time :) there should have been pistols too in the tents plus med supplies

I agree tho NWAF was a bad final phase for sure I like the idea of spreading the phases out more too with a player count at 50 it could work well as long as players stay in the new boundaries.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:41 pm 

IGN: Ronan
Current Life: 0.6 hrs
Time Alive: 0.6 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 14

I'm not a bandit!
I would like to start off with the fact that for a first run it was setup pretty well and I defiantly had fun! The only thing is that I would prefer more strict staging times and if people are not in the right zones at the right times that should be punished. It appeared as if people were given too many chances to get into the proper zones.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:19 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed

I'm a bandit!
Ronan wrote:
I would like to start off with the fact that for a first run it was setup pretty well and I defiantly had fun! The only thing is that I would prefer more strict staging times and if people are not in the right zones at the right times that should be punished. It appeared as if people were given too many chances to get into the proper zones.

The problem was more due to me having to teleport one team at a time, once it's coded we'll be able to hit one button and do everyone at once. The whitelisting issues from some teams slowed it up a little too.

In the future we want to move to dedicated hosting once the player count rises, this means we can have a separate server for events and do things like wall off the battle field etc on that one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 pm 

IGN: Rob
Current Life: 0.9 hrs
Time Alive: 1.0 hrs

Deaths: 1
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Hey, i thought the event was awesome, even if i only lasted 24 mins... (damn crappy double barrel shotty)

The main thing i thought was there wasn't any instructions on what to do at the start. Maybe post a list of instructions (like speaking to a 5 year old baby) on the sign up thread and that would of probably made things go smoother and wasted less of your time.

The other thing is i agree with trying out a city as the battleground. Cherno/electro would be really fun with the buildings you can get inside and its very familiar for most of us.

Apart from that it was fucking awesome and intense as hell.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:24 pm 

IGN: Grodenn
Current Life: 2.3 hrs
Time Alive: 2.3 hrs

Zombies Killed: 1

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm not a bandit!
I think the event was awesome, really fun to participate! Only real complaint would be the 1h delay for the start but I do understand that it ain't an easy task to be an admin for this type of thing. I didn't make it to the later phases (made a really stupid path choice >.<) so can't really say anything about that, how ever I can say that I would love to participate in another survivor games event if you host one :).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:47 pm 

IGN: Outsider
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 0.1 hrs

Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Logs must be messed up, I died before KoKane due to glitched zombies breaking my legs from 20 meters away through buildings, then got mauled to death as I tried to crawl away. Sad Times, name Outsider