Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

1.8.1. - What just happend here?

Post subject: 1.8.1. - What just happend here?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:02 pm 

IGN: Christoph
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Hey Guys...

Just a short question... what just happend with DayZ? I mean, ... 1.8.1 just happend and after 3 weeks I never felt so compelled to quit it for good. First I was amazed, small changes that made it a whole new game. You had to find food for real and hunt like was no tomorrow, drinks are worth more than ammo and the Zombies killed me like every two minutes - I loved it. Then the whining started. Zombies are too hard, my axe breaks all the time ... whatever. The worst part are the new Players but I guess time will solve that problem anyway.

Is it just the bases? Is it the lags and the dissappearing items? I really can´t tell... Do I feel like DayZ is more broken than it ever was before? I think I do. I guess I´m kinda mad at DayZ because it destroyed a server I once liked more than playing on it. :-/

How you guys feel about the update and DayZ in general at the moment?

ZeroSurvival is dead (for me) - long live ZeroSurvival... :cry:

Post subject: Re: 1.8.1. - What just happend here?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Christoph wrote:
Hey Guys...

Just a short question... what just happend with DayZ? I mean, ... 1.8.1 just happend and after 3 weeks I never felt so compelled to quit it for good. First I was amazed, small changes that made it a whole new game. You had to find food for real and hunt like was no tomorrow, drinks are worth more than ammo and the Zombies killed me like every two minutes - I loved it. Then the whining started. Zombies are too hard, my axe breaks all the time ... whatever. The worst part are the new Players but I guess time will solve that problem anyway.

Is it just the bases? Is it the lags and the dissappearing items? I really can´t tell... Do I feel like DayZ is more broken than it ever was before? I think I do. I guess I´m kinda mad at DayZ because it destroyed a server I once liked more than playing on it. :-/

How you guys feel about the update and DayZ in general at the moment?

ZeroSurvival is dead (for me) - long live ZeroSurvival... :cry:

90% of the bugs people are experiencing are caused by the 112555 beta patch. ZS has more players now than it's ever had before.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:25 pm 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs
Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
It is however not as addicting as it was before ^^ the purpose is missing, i dont see any point to go kill people north, its just a longer way to walk, the combat is just as interesting in cherno

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:04 am 

IGN: Torkmastaflex
Current Life: 11.2 hrs
Time Alive: 369.4 hrs
Humanity: -15,792

Murders: 20
Bandit Kills: 26
Deaths: 187
Zombies Killed: 3,775

I'm a bandit!
Yeah same ^^

Bases do make a big part for me. But have faith, The mod will die out and Seaweed will have an army of donations to host a SA server for years to come :D

Right now wait for 1.8.2 and try it out again

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:32 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Torkmastaflex wrote:
Yeah same ^^

Bases do make a big part for me. But have faith, The mod will die out and Seaweed will have an army of donations to host a SA server for years to come :D

Right now wait for 1.8.2 and try it out again

I don't want a SA server and I don't want donations

You guys need to make the mod devs aware of the problems you have with their patch not me. I am so tired of people messaging me about dayzmod bugs or balance issues that are not under my control. Often people will rant about bugs that NO ONE has even bothered to report to the mod devs yet.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 1.8.1 TELL THE PEOPLE WHO MADE IT WHY. Every time there is an unpopular dayzmod patch if you read the feedback people have actually given the devs it's largely positive. You need to report issues to the developers if you want them to have any hope at all of being change.

Or you can just say that 1.8.1 is shit, not report any of the problems you have with it, and then do the exact same thing when 1.8.2 comes out and none of the stuff you were complaining about is fixed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:16 am 

IGN: Arfour Foulkesayke
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 62.0 hrs
Humanity: 6,962

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 23
Zombies Killed: 725

I'm a hero!
Seaweed wrote:
Or you can just say that 1.8.1 is shit, not report any of the problems you have with it, and then do the exact same thing when 1.8.2 comes out and none of the stuff you were complaining about is fixed.

Yep. Take a look here for a start people and look what will be fixed in 1.8.2. After months of hardly any news before 1.8.1 came out now there is already the next update about to be released. Be patient and tell R4ZOR what is bugged up. Best way here.

Then again, I miss basebuilding too. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:24 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Arfour wrote:
Seaweed wrote:

Yep. Take a look here for a start people and look what will be fixed in 1.8.2. After months of hardly any news before 1.8.1 came out now there is already the next update about to be released. Be patient and tell R4ZOR what is bugged up. Best way here.

Then again, I miss basebuilding too. :)

1.8.2 will have basebuilding, it probably won't be perfect and people will probably rant about that but never actually give the devs their feedback too.

I know there's less to do in game currently with no basebuilding but I've explained more than enough times why that has to be at the moment. It's only a temporary thing. However if people only played on my server because they had an impenetrable base filled with mountains of tents no one else could ever loot, I don't really care if they stop playing on my server.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:04 am 

IGN: Dr. Zed
Current Life: 1.1 hrs
Time Alive: 40.6 hrs
Humanity: -1,565

Murders: 3
Bandit Kills: 3
Deaths: 53
Zombies Killed: 1,377

I'm a bandit!
If you wouldn't mind I'd like to tell my opinion about... new (?) gameplay.
I never played in group, with fellas, so I am mostly a lone freak surrounded by zombies, heh :) And I GREATLY ENJOY last changes. Why? One smaaaall example. Before 1.8.1 and basebuilding disabled, I've seen 2 free vehicles for almost a month or so. That were bicycle and some shitty white sedan. Ok. Now, just during 1 short game session, I've found - bus, camo UAZ, Kawasaki motorcycle. It just made me cry! At last I can see good vehicles, at last I can sneak and find some cool weps (like M4A1 CCO, SD and such). That things were nearly impossible for me before 1.8.1 and disabling basebuilding. God bless developers and ZeroSurvival, amen.