Time Alive: 35.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,875

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 5
Deaths: 24
Zombies Killed: 747

I'm not a bandit!
Hey guys,

Been playing on the server for about a week now and really loving it! Stopped playing DayZ for a good couple of months to play ACE mod!! My friend Adam started playing on this server and I thought I'd give it a go! Loving it!

Just wondering how the building works? I found a small base and couldn't remove anything (Needed a code) to get in so I assume this is the case on all built items??

Timmy

Post subject: Re: Hello/Base building
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:33 am 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
You just need to have any item that can be used as "material" for Base-Building.

The items are: Tank Traps, Sand Bags, Wire Fencing, Scrap Metal, Wood Piles, Grenades(Booby Traps).

Currently, Booby Traps are disabled as they use the "Grave" item model and as a result, all items with the Grave item model will explode on contact. Like the mass grave behind the fire-station @ NWAF. So until a work-around is found they will continue to be disabled.

When an item is built, the owner is given a 16-digit item code that can be used to remove the item and return the items used to build it. The whole reason BB was added was to give players a secure location where to store their valuables, whether it be weapons or vehicles(assuming you can make a base big enough to fit one). That's why they are incredibly difficult to remove(but not impossible). Quite a few clans/players have already started hoarding materials to build their own bases, and some have even already built a few.

My advice, Hide a few tents REALLY well and begin stashing materials in them. Once you have enough, build it out in a good spot, and set up some tents/vehicles inside and start hoarding weapons. SNM! already has one set up, and a lot of people already know where it is. But that's ok, we log off there every day and it will be fun to gank anyone that comes too close.

Post subject: Re: Hello/Base building
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:52 pm 

IGN: Timmymachine109
Current Life: 0.5 hrs
Time Alive: 35.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,875

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 5
Deaths: 24
Zombies Killed: 747

I'm not a bandit!
Cheers for the reply :) Managed to get it working last night, didn't realise you can't have extra parts in your inventory! Was busy stealing parts for our base when I was shot dead!!! DOH!