Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

[Video] Losing it all to high ping.

Post subject: [Video] Losing it all to high ping.
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
Spent 20 mins going stealth mode on Olsha...resulted in me tunnel visioning on a target followed by the most dissapointing moment of my DayZ career.

Post subject: Re: [Video] Losing it all to high ping.
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
D:

Sucks man, I see ARMA did that oh so helpful thing of continuing to animate the other guy in the direction he was last moving so you didn't see the lag.

Hope it wasn't the server I've seen some shitty pings tonight for brief periods, new host on the way though :D

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:51 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Nah, it was on my side. xD
Checked DayZ commander after death and everything was giving me 600+ms.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:53 am 

IGN: synf2n
Current Life: 1.6 hrs
Time Alive: 11.7 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 2
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 11
Zombies Killed: 218

I'm not a bandit!
Hi tom.

I was the one who shot you but I was in the trees on the forest side of the wall. I didn't see the guy running down the hill on the other side of it. I don't think that was me because I never moved for around 10 mins and never went out into the open. I don't understand how you can't see me though. Was next to one of the pine trees down the hill near the wall in the direction you were looking. I logged in there and was scoping out the AF.
Were you watching me or someone else?

synf

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:22 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
synf2n wrote:
Hi tom.

I was the one who shot you but I was in the trees on the forest side of the wall. I didn't see the guy running down the hill on the other side of it. I don't think that was me because I never moved for around 10 mins and never went out into the open. I don't understand how you can't see me though. Was next to one of the pine trees down the hill near the wall in the direction you were looking. I logged in there and was scoping out the AF.
Were you watching me or someone else?

synf

I think he was watching you, you probably just moved a tiny bit forward from your tree right at the time Tom's connection dropped. ARMA decided to continue animating your character in the last direction he was heading until it eventually realized Tom had no internets. That's why the guy seems to move in one direction.

Hate lag deaths :( I was so pissed when this happened - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxc9kOKqCxc&t=3m5s

The guys who shot me said I was just frozen standing outside the car for like 10 seconds :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:20 am 

I'm not a bandit!
That sucks. I feel bad for killing him if that's the case. That said, he was probably about to kill me.
You were well geared up, Tom. So thanks for the stanag mags and backpack. I lost it about half an hour later when I stupidly thought it would be a good idea to drive through Berezino in a tractor and got owned whilst driving. I did provide a disclaimer to my team mates though. Something along the lines of "ok, fuck-it, I am just going to take the tractor down to where you guys are.. this is a really bad idea but I can't be arsed walking". So, as of last night there is a tractor in Berezino.

synf

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:01 pm 

IGN: Zom-B
Current Life: 0.8 hrs
Time Alive: 51.4 hrs
Humanity: -9,866

Murders: 13
Bandit Kills: 5
Deaths: 34
Zombies Killed: 2,177

I'm a bandit!
synf2n wrote:
I lost it about half an hour later when I stupidly thought it would be a good idea to drive through Berezino in a tractor and got owned whilst driving.

I'm sorry man.. you were just so.. shootable. :(

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:08 pm 

I'm a bandit!
synf2n wrote:
That sucks. I feel bad for killing him if that's the case. That said, he was probably about to kill me.
You were well geared up, Tom. So thanks for the stanag mags and backpack. I lost it about half an hour later when I stupidly thought it would be a good idea to drive through Berezino in a tractor and got owned whilst driving. I did provide a disclaimer to my team mates though. Something along the lines of "ok, fuck-it, I am just going to take the tractor down to where you guys are.. this is a really bad idea but I can't be arsed walking". So, as of last night there is a tractor in Berezino.

synf

I would have shot me if I were in your shoes. :D What did you shoot me with? The annoying part for me is that on a normal ping I would have had a chance to get away/react to any shots and maybe get away or turn the whole situation around. I went looking for trouble because I want more close quarters practice xD. Not having a chance to play out the situation is what annoyed me the most tbh, not the losing of gear.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:06 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
tomisafish wrote:
synf2n wrote:

synf

I would have shot me if I were in your shoes. :D What did you shoot me with? The annoying part for me is that on a normal ping I would have had a chance to get away/react to any shots and maybe get away or turn the whole situation around. I went looking for trouble because I want more close quarters practice xD. Not having a chance to play out the situation is what annoyed me the most tbh, not the losing of gear.

With an L85 holo. Funny thing was, that I must of changed skin while the death message came up. So I thought you were still alive. I flanked round to my left and hit behind another pine tree. I dropped my l85 to hatchet 4 zombies that appeared because of the gun-shot. The whole time thinking you were still alive. Oh wait. . . :P

I also need more close combat practice. Seems crouching in the trees waiting for ghillies with abnormally high pings to walk past isn't the best way to do it.

I should write a small pc application that plays an audio warning as soon as the latency between you and a given server goes above a threshold.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:08 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
Zom-B wrote:
synf2n wrote:
I lost it about half an hour later when I stupidly thought it would be a good idea to drive through Berezino in a tractor and got owned whilst driving.

I'm sorry man.. you were just so.. shootable. :(

Haha, no man I agree. I was basically parading past you with a target on my arse. I would of shot me too. I knew it was only a matter of time as soon as I got in it.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:29 pm 

No Gamer Profile
wow, that video even made me feel depressed :(

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:58 pm 

IGN: DrChino
Time Alive: 46.9 hrs
Humanity: 147

Murders: 42
Bandit Kills: 14
Deaths: 99
Zombies Killed: 983

I'm not a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
wow, that video even made me feel depressed :(