Current Life: 0.3 hrs
Time Alive: 0.6 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 1
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
hey guys, me and my mates are pretty new on this server, tho we playing with experienced guys like berezino bill, and we all agreeing that the zed aggro range is just a fucking joke, its actually getting on our tits a lot, dunno if anybody else opened another topic for this, apologise if i didnt catch it.

We went in various servers but zerosurvival server is, in our opinion the server with the most aggressive zombo aggro range ever.
they seem to be a lot more aggressive aswell and they spawn in woods a lot, witch i never seen it.
yesterday we found a couple of tents in a wood, up on a hill, being the 3 of us, we didnt have a chance to scout thouse tents, we got completely swarmed by these zeds in a couple of seconds, they kept spawning around us and the tents like crazy, and we arrived to a point were they were around 23-25 zeds chasing us non stop around the hill in the woods.(we took whatsapp pictures cos it was a joke, we had to pic it.)
Im not even mentioning the infection rate cos u probably already know its thru the roof. every 3 hit u get infected (ish)
now, if u could tone down the aggressivity of the zombies it would be really nice, if u cant, oh well.. we will find a way out for it.
Sorry for the bragging but this had to be done.
Cheers!

Jack

Post subject: Re: zombie ridicolus aggro range
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:38 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Jack wrote:
hey guys, me and my mates are pretty new on this server, tho we playing with experienced guys like berezino bill, and we all agreeing that the zed aggro range is just a fucking joke, its actually getting on our tits a lot, dunno if anybody else opened another topic for this, apologise if i didnt catch it.

We went in various servers but zerosurvival server is, in our opinion the server with the most aggressive zombo aggro range ever.
they seem to be a lot more aggressive aswell and they spawn in woods a lot, witch i never seen it.
yesterday we found a couple of tents in a wood, up on a hill, being the 3 of us, we didnt have a chance to scout thouse tents, we got completely swarmed by these zeds in a couple of seconds, they kept spawning around us and the tents like crazy, and we arrived to a point were they were around 23-25 zeds chasing us non stop around the hill in the woods.(we took whatsapp pictures cos it was a joke, we had to pic it.)
Im not even mentioning the infection rate cos u probably already know its thru the roof. every 3 hit u get infected (ish)
now, if u could tone down the aggressivity of the zombies it would be really nice, if u cant, oh well.. we will find a way out for it.
Sorry for the bragging but this had to be done.
Cheers!

Jack

Sounds like you are comparing 1.7.6.1 and 1.7.7+ to me.

The zombie agro in general is my main complain with this patch, I have fixed all the other major broken things now - non existent antibiotics or loot and ridiculously high infection chance (you are 2.5 times less likely to get infected in my server than vanilla 1.7.7.1).

Modifying the zombies themselves is a lot more difficult without client downloads, but I have still changed some variables which make the zombies easier than the vanilla 1.7.7 settings. For one thing I made significantly less zombies spawn on a player, I also reduced the number than will spawn when a player is in combat.

Changing their agro distance is more difficult but there are changes underway in the next patch to allow server owners to hopefully define more variables for the zombies - http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/top ... try1392861. This is because half the player base seems to be adamant that they are either "the best zombies ever and everyone hates them should play cod" or "game breaking, frustrating and impossible to survive".

I definitely think the zombies are broken in this patch, I think they should be harder but what RAZ0R and co did to them is just terrible in my opinion. I've already done almost everything I can to improve things without a client download though, the ball is back in dayzmods court at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:50 am 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:59 pm 

IGN: Bernard
Current Life: 1.1 hrs
Time Alive: 369.8 hrs
Humanity: -294,680

Murders: 200
Bandit Kills: 118
Deaths: 170
Zombies Killed: 4,513

I'm a bandit!
AdjustedJunk wrote:

? Adds alot to the discussion i see..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
AdjustedJunk wrote:
[youube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgIlLJdimyQ[/youtube]

That's DayZ Origins

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:54 am 

IGN: Jack
Current Life: 0.3 hrs
Time Alive: 0.6 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 1
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
that video doesnt have anything to do with the fact that in our server(or servers with same setups as ours) we aggro zombies with crouch running at about 100 meters range.. but still cool video :D
all tho i prefer a lot more Frankie's videos, veeery entertaining to watch!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:58 am 

IGN: [JT]X25Keanesta
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 113.7 hrs
Humanity: 778

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 6
Deaths: 65
Zombies Killed: 1,396

I'm not a bandit!
aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddd commence shit talk from everyone else........