Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Where is sT| Base !? anyone seen??

Post subject: Re: Where is sT| Base !? anyone seen??
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:12 am 

IGN: Hunter2000
Current Life: 5.7 hrs
Time Alive: 485.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,218

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 161
Zombies Killed: 7,863

I'm not a bandit!
reen624 wrote:

I did nothin wrong dude. Whats your problem. U ever heared of grim sense of humor? Im sorry if u feel offended by my post!

You know: for some of us what happened back then is not a subject of some youtube joke, especially not a day or two after the day of memorial for the losses etc, its not grim sense of humor and no one on this server deserves such comparisons...

@Seaweed: I wasn't a server admin but I was the GM/Storyteller of an online sandbox role-playing forum game so in a sense I did encounter the situation of the 'rebellious player who routinely disagree with my rules in a disrespectful way' , I admit restraint is often easier said than done, but Stock is right, gotta stay professional:
I found out that the best strategy in that kind of situation is to stop everything and explain to the player(respectfully if possible) what bothers you about their disrespectful attitude and refuse to go forward with the discussion until both of you cool off and he is really willing to talk , I know all that rationality doesn't really go with the killer alpha male instinct in all of us ;) but it worked for me at least because talking about it openly with honesty helps people understand perspective and become more conscious of how they relate to each-other.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:15 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
RadX wrote:
reen624 wrote:

I did nothin wrong dude. Whats your problem. U ever heared of grim sense of humor? Im sorry if u feel offended by my post!

You know: for some of us what happened back then is not a subject of some youtube joke, especially not a day or two after the day of memorial for the losses etc, its not grim sense of humor and no one on this server deserves such comparisons...

@Seaweed: I wasn't a server admin but I was the GM/Storyteller of an online sandbox role-playing forum game so in a sense I did encounter the situation of the 'rebellious player who routinely disagree with my rules in a disrespectful way' , I admit restraint is often easier said than done, but Stock is right, gotta stay professional:
I found out that the best strategy in that kind of situation is to stop everything and explain to the player(respectfully if possible) what bothers you about their disrespectful attitude and refuse to go forward with the discussion until both of you cool off and he is really willing to talk , I know all that rationality doesn't really go with the killer alpha male instinct in all of us ;) but it worked for me at least because talking about it openly with honesty helps people understand perspective and become more conscious of how they relate to each-other.

As I keep saying its been explained plenty of times to marian in ts before the attitude he shows towards admins is unwelcome. I've told him we are tired of the way he pushes and talks to us, and he was told he would be banned for the way he acts if it continued multiple times. His attitude has never changed though, he takes the things we do for him for granted and he treats us like shit or accuses bias when he doesn't agree. No one else on the server is like that, I don't expect people to agree with me but I do expect them to express opinions constructively and respect the people who make this server possible. Marian just shouts at us, accuses us of being biased, undermines us and drags his feet and argues whenever he is asked by an admin to do anything. Hes been warned more than once before and when he did the same thing again, purely over moving a flag away from the coast. Something more people than I can even remember have had to do at the request of an admin before, all without ever raging at us. I decided it was enough and that it wasn't worth giving yet another warning when he always does the same thing again and again anyway.

I don't think it's too much to ask of a player that they to listen to an admins instructions. With marian we have always had to fight against him whilst he drags his feet. Look at the attitude in this thread or the vehicle hoarding one to see the way he always behaves when he doesn't agree with us. Prior to the vehicle thread on the forums he'd already raged at me on ts in the same rude manner as always. I had also already discussed that I didn't think splitting a clan that was clearly a clan still up was within the rules. I know its a controversial change and I've never said it'll work out without changes later, but he was totally unwilling to even try to do so. Instead he jumped straight to trying to find a loophole again to undermine the intention of the change, and everyone else who obeyed it. His only response to anything I said in this thread was liar liar liar, even when its things others witnessed and confirmed. Now there is a public record of it all so there will be no confusion that this came from "no where" again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:23 am 

IGN: Christoph
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Well, after reading all of the 4 pages so far I want to tell my thoughts about that aswell. I cut out all that could be said regarding the ban or the base... It´s over, It´s history, let´s move on.

Honestly Marian and sT were a pain in the butt most of the time for us. But I´m not the only one in FP who does have a slight feeling of losing something, personally I even feel a bit guilty.They were totally mean and sometimes irrational beyond reason but they kept us on our edge. I can imagine how betrayed and heartbroken Boros and his mates must feel now that their base is gone, and to honour the time and passion that did go into your squad. You made some bad desicions, sometimes we all do (Reen that shitstorm against you was eventually much more funny than your joke, for sure...) but If one of you would want to play again on the server I´d happy to help you out sometime. Not as a gift out of pity but out of respect for your determination.

It´s sad to see you go, I guess we will replace sT with RTB or MM. The Server (and FP) will prevail.

Good Luck for you guys, wherever you are.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:44 am 

IGN: Arfour Foulkesayke
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 62.0 hrs
Humanity: 6,962

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 23
Zombies Killed: 725

I'm a hero!
And what have we all learned here?

- Use your common sense, don't rage, act mature.
- Most privately hosted servers have a rule that prohibits the use of any glitches and bugs whatsoever, often threatened with permanent ban and loss of characters. There is a reason for this kind of rule.
- Reen has neither a feeling for taste nor timing.