Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

New Servers

Post subject: Re: New Servers
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:37 pm 

IGN: ConnorGriffiths
Current Life: 9.3 hrs
Time Alive: 315.0 hrs
Humanity: -384,739

Murders: 200
Bandit Kills: 102
Deaths: 168
Zombies Killed: 3,105

I'm a bandit!
Wow... I don't think i've ever seen hacking as blatent as that, and then they even try to cover it up...
Will not be playing that server again so I guess we will be looking for another one to play, If anyone has any decent ones that they think are worth trying, let us know.
Left our heli and gear in your base Benuar if you continue to play.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:40 pm 

IGN: Investoren
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
Guess we gonna try to find a dayzero server or something like that. Sucks when TWC server is the only one out there with a proper basebuilding vanilla styled. MM will never enter that server again for sure. Ill let you know if we find any good server, and I ask you to do the same :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:13 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Thinking of getting our own server, will look into it, but we don't have any experience so will be hard, will let everyone know if we do.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:43 pm 

IGN: Mr.Brown
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 0

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: -1
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm a bandit!
you can ask Seaweed if he wants to be Admin :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:16 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Guessing thats some kind of poke at seaweed or something, a little mad that the server lost all the new players? I asked Bernard if Seaweed would be interested and he said that he isn't.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:31 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Connor! You said you where gonna upload your footage of the incident with the admin obviously using godmode in polana factory the other day, as well. Ill gladly see that video. After what you said about it, it sounds like a video worth bringing popcorn too :D
Btw, was that Leemo as well?

If you guys get the hands on a server, we will defently play on it. We neither have any experience with scripting etc, or else we would have a server running instantly the day ZS went down!
Anyways, lets keep in touch mate :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:42 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Just asked Craig and he said he will upload it tomorrow and put it on youtube / here.
We're thinking of getting a server for a month and seeing how far we can get with that then we will decide whether to continue with it or not.
Will do, PM'd you my steam info.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:44 am 

IGN: Torkmastaflex
Current Life: 11.2 hrs
Time Alive: 369.4 hrs
Humanity: -15,792

Murders: 20
Bandit Kills: 26
Deaths: 187
Zombies Killed: 3,775

I'm a bandit!
:( i think i'm going to give up dayz. All i want is to shoot MM and RD but it's been too long.... i've put too much time into servers and i can't run my own for reasons of admin abuse being mentioned. Time to find a new group of friends it seems.

Edit: Leemo must have had god mod on. Could have been a mistake of not knowing it was on. Either way, the side chat was ridiculous for a former member of ZS to even say. Wish i could have had the pleasure to fight TS.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:48 am 

IGN: Mr.Brown
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 0

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: -1
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm a bandit!
Connor wrote:
Guessing thats some kind of poke at seaweed or something, a little mad that the server lost all the new players? I asked Bernard if Seaweed would be interested and he said that he isn't.

Haha no, i've played like 2 times on the server. Didnt like the map and the huge Ass bases but i thought the server is on a good way.... But ofc it is a pitty that the old zs Crew quits playing there. Maybe RD is giving it another try when there is a wipe or atleast some reasonable solve for the current Problems.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:59 am 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
Well, I haven't said anything about it besides calling out an obvious misplaced reason for why Zerosurvival was shut down on the TWC server while all the crap in sidechat was going on.

As far as I know there is no way he had no godmode/admin tools activated, I can definitely see 2 bullets hitting him in the face so something was wrong. This might have been intentional, this might have not been, we will never know. My only problem is that he died 1 hour before this fight. This means if this would have been an unintentional forgetting of turning off godmode after, this means he has used admin tools in the time between he died the firsttime against bernard/MM and this second fight where he was playing the game as a player and this is cearly a NO go for me.

Myself I never ever played the game within 2 days after using admin tools, because if you look at maps/help people out/look at deathlogs/look at hitlogs you just get way too much information which there is no way around to get it out of your head besides of just stopping the game for a few days. This is why the last months of Zerosurvival I played for 1 week, then admined for 1 week and after that had a break for 2 days so I didn't had a clue what was going on when I jumped back on 2 days later.

So yeah, in my opinion there is something wrong with how/when the admins use their tools, I obviously hope it was just an accident but as he still did not post the perspective which he clearly said he would post/post an infistar log/post other security admin information he is a blatant abuser in my eyes so you'll never see me on that server anymore either.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:04 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Connor wrote:

I am happy to help you or any of the Zerosurvival community out with running their own servers. If you come to me with specific problems, or questions, e.g this script is giving me this error in my RPT logs etc, I am more than happy to help. However I don't want to get drawn into doing things for other people. I don't do things by halves which is why I have had to turn down requests to restart ZS or help other servers. I would rather point you in the right direction to find an answer yourself so you can learn from it, than solve a problem for you. I wouldn't be able to run or help run a server "part time" because its not in my nature, and I still don't have the motivation to do it full time at the moment.

Many of the scripts I wrote myself for ZeroSurvival I released onto opendayz anyway, - http://opendayz.net/members/seaweeduk.951/

Almost 100% of the stuff that was on the TWC server comes straight from opendayz

Eberteby wrote:
Well, I haven't said anything about it besides calling out an obvious misplaced reason for why Zerosurvival was shut down on the TWC server while all the crap in sidechat was going on.

As far as I know there is no way he had no godmode/admin tools activated, I can definitely see 2 bullets hitting him in the face so something was wrong. This might have been intentional, this might have not been, we will never know. My only problem is that he died 1 hour before this fight. This means if this would have been an unintentional forgetting of turning off godmode after, this means he has used admin tools in the time between he died the firsttime against bernard/MM and this second fight where he was playing the game as a player and this is cearly a NO go for me.

Myself I never ever played the game within 2 days after using admin tools, because if you look at maps/help people out/look at deathlogs/look at hitlogs you just get way too much information which there is no way around to get it out of your head besides of just stopping the game for a few days. This is why the last months of Zerosurvival I played for 1 week, then admined for 1 week and after that had a break for 2 days so I didn't had a clue what was going on when I jumped back on 2 days later.

So yeah, in my opinion there is something wrong with how/when the admins use their tools, I obviously hope it was just an accident but as he still did not post the perspective which he clearly said he would post/post an infistar log/post other security admin information he is a blatant abuser in my eyes so you'll never see me on that server anymore either.

It's their whole reaction to and handling of the situation that makes them look the most guilty to me. Closing that thread because:

"This thread has reached the point of griefing a fellow player and is now locked in accordance with Sections 1 & 2 of the TWC Code of Conduct. Remaking of this thread or further harassment of TWC Members, Admins, or Associates will not be tolerated."

Is an absolute joke and is nothing more than an attempt to stamp out any discussion on the incident.

Some facts for anyone considering still playing on that server

- infiSTAR's antihack (the one all these servers use) produces a log file of every single action an admin initiates from their menu. These are saved to a txt file on the server with timestamps. On ZS for my own antihack I expanded and made this log visible in my web based tools for each admin to keep watch of the others.
- Depending on the method used (there are many) God mode will not show any blood when a player is fired at (though it will for the person with the god mode). Last time I tried infistars default code which is what TWC use that was definitely the case.
- You really can't "accidentally" turn god mode on, and its very easy to notice if you have it on because it has other effects like not attracting zombie agro. God mode requires completely redefining the various functions for things like taking damage, breaking legs and bleeding, its not really something that can happen by mistake or because of a bug.
- Where is the video the guy said he'd post?

For me when I look at that thread, the video alone is pretty damning, but it's the responses from the people running the server that really make it clear it is not the kind of place for me to ever be playing the game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:04 pm 

I'm a bandit!
........headed for that as we got closer the helicopter arrived on scene and guided us in from there (despite some language barriers it went well)
It was a fair fight. Please move on from this....

IT WAS A FAIR FIGHT.

I laughed my ass off. This Elliot co-admin says. How can a fight be fair when theres a guy running #yolo rambo over an open field taking so many bullets, be fair?

Those guys make me puke. They back eachother up like girlfriends.

And for those who havent noticed Sams pictures he posted on the forum, you can read on picture number 3, that Leemo says in sidechat that he only took one hit!!!!!! hahahahahaha

Anyone who wanna still play on that server, excuse me, has to be retarded. Like really retarded.
Theres no guarantee situations like this wouldn't happen again.
and HEY! This situation wasnt really the first time. It has happened before on that server :)
Still the owner doesnt do shit or take any actions against his admins.

Anyways, im done with this. I could continue to argue this case for ages.
But one thing im gonna do for sure. Is to harass Magaz on youtube to release his damn footage to prove his innocense or admit to me that he cheated!
But guess it will never happen, even how hard i try to do so... :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:03 pm 

IGN: reen624
Current Life: 11.0 hrs
Time Alive: 241.8 hrs
Humanity: 35,766

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 63
Deaths: 99
Zombies Killed: 2,202

I'm a hero!
Im very disappointed. i made everythin to work this out with the admins. i made it for you all too. so go on and gossip viciously about TWC.
Im very disappointed.
Good luck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:00 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Sad you put so much effort into it Reen, when it all seems to be for nothing =\ You should have the most of creds doing it, really. I appreciated it alot. The server really had potential. And I know we where only testing the server a few times, and got a decent working server, served on a silver platter from you guys. That honest I can be.

But tbh, you are the one that dissapoints the most in the end. (and Jonas for that matter). Not the rest of us accusing admin for cheats,(when theres actually no doubt, and we have a really good reason to do so) or the rest of us leaving cuz of that situation. You are obviously on TWC admins "team". And thereby you are as bad as they are, protecting them for that shit. If you put yourself in our situation, im pretty sure you would ask the similar questions as we do.
I will not be a part of a system thats obviously that corrupt, its sad that you support such things.

And just closing the thread and call out theyre rules, saying that further "harassment" would in the end get you banned etc etc. bla bla., is not really mature/good admining.
I guess I can be immature sometimes, yes ofc., we all can. But as an admin you should handle it professinally, not just close the thread and do as they did.
This Leemo havent even posted his footage on youtube, like he said he would. And neither has he posted the infistar log, like he said he would.

We will never know. It seems Leemo would still be an admin over there. Cool for them, I guess.

Under the lines, all we asked for, is him to come clean. If he admitted he did something wrong, and fex. got a suitable ban out of it or something similar, it would be fine.

And btw. Seaweed never claimed his script where stolen by TWC, he put all scripts into an open for all, to share with other admins, to be nice.
Dont even try to push that shit over on seaweed plz.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:45 pm 

IGN: omg-vapour
Current Life: 7.7 hrs
Time Alive: 323.8 hrs
Humanity: -44,193

Murders: 31
Bandit Kills: 42
Deaths: 68
Zombies Killed: 3,283

I'm a bandit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuyxKNG ... IIY8nA2Ufg

This should put to bed if the TWC admins use tools while playing or not.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:15 pm 

IGN: Dampveivals
Current Life: 1.3 hrs
Time Alive: 716.8 hrs
Humanity: -462,507

Murders: 257
Bandit Kills: 163
Deaths: 189
Zombies Killed: 11,977

I'm a bandit!
omg-vapour wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuyxKNGxbkY&index=1&list=UUlrENWTWXFJlbIIY8nA2Ufg

This should put to bed if the TWC admins use tools while playing or not.

Haha, nice one. Post it on their forums and watch them lock the thread instantly...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:34 pm 

I'm a hero!
Well i wasnt online for 3 days where all that shit happened. All i can say is that i never experienced any abuses before and i trust them.
I dont think closing threads is any good. Of course not. i opened another and it was closed too. I opened one again. lets see. it appears mad_max is one angry guy now. mad_max doesnt even play on 182. he is a napf guy. I dont understand the whole thing at all as i was in berlin on an opening of a brewery of a friend of mine. But i swear i will find out what is wrong. Tellin me that i am mostly disappointing is really hard for me but i can deal with it.
But i disagree in abuse of course and i disagree with closing threads. But i disagree with shitstorm in this forum too. Maybe u should just have a talk to joe in TS he is kind of the leader. He is
45+, likes fishing, has kids, works and seems to be a normal honest guy. u can talk to him in a free and adult way via TS.
I think it might be too late anyway, but i think this needs another end than this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:11 am 

I'm a bandit!
tbh theres more to craigs video then shown as it goes onto a second shadowplay or something.
I run down to him and look in his backpack, he tabs in and says "I wouldn't do that if i were you"
I replied with its empty anyway and you should be dead regardless, we then explain what he's doing is not cool and that he is affecting the server by spawning in zeds in a high loot area, he says that we clearly have no idea what we're talking about then gives us the ultimatum of to like it or get the hell off the server, where he then teleports away from us.
He had been AFK on TS for 30mins he said, so why can't he have went invisible or teleported away beforehand?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:22 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Reen

Firstly I never once claimed TWC have stolen anything. I made a post to try to help connor or anyone else wishing to set their own server up, pointing out the FACT that 99% of the code TWC use is completely PUBLICLY AVAILABLE. I have no idea how you jump from my post to me "accusing them of stealing" but certainly you have burned any bridges you had with me in doing so.

You have been using this forum and community to promote the TWC server. If people here don't like TWC then they should of course be more able to express their opinions on that, both on their forums and ours. If I, as creator of this community do not endorse their server then I will definitely speak out against it.

You only have to look at their admins responses and attitudes in those threads to see why I would never want to play in a server like that, god-mode "mistakes" or otherwise....

If I had locked and closed the thread when I banned marian for example, would you have been ok with that? How about if you questioned the ZS admins actions or the way server is run, and I called you immature and told you "if you don't like it go somewhere else", would you be ok with that?

Because to me all of those things are the complete opposite of the way I strived to run this server. The way the server was always admined and the community itself was treated was a key part in my opinion as to why ZeroSurvival was so successful. So no, I will not help you to promote an "alternative", that completely goes against all of the principles by which ZeroSurvival was run.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:22 pm 

IGN: Torkmastaflex
Current Life: 11.2 hrs
Time Alive: 369.4 hrs
Humanity: -15,792

Murders: 20
Bandit Kills: 26
Deaths: 187
Zombies Killed: 3,775

I'm a bandit!
Alright, No more TWC. Now ZS players are all about the Wastelands :cool:

Edit: Wastelands is something we should have events for, seems like it would make some great combat and tactics :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:54 pm 

IGN: Wojciech
Current Life: 21.2 hrs
Time Alive: 458.4 hrs
Humanity: -198,816

Murders: 93
Bandit Kills: 136
Zombies Killed: 4,476

I'm a bandit!
Quote:
But i disagree with shitstorm in this forum too. Maybe u should just have a talk to joe in TS he is kind of the leader.

Reen,
They didn't want to talk with us. They DIDN'T. It's not our thing to contact another admin, who can read all of this crap in forums anyway. If he really wanted us to stay on the server, he would already do something about it.
They allowed players that claimed that videoproof on admin having godmode is an "bad aiming" example to cover up the discussion ingame. "Take it to forums" they said (everyday heard that on Mustard Packets). OK- but on forums we were accused of ... who cares of what, but the thread was closed... Quite simmilar to the Marians situation on Mustard Packets server (which had already almost 50 players everyday reached, today - its dead).

The reason for the "shitstorm" (which in fact contains only few posts, giving away the FACTS about situations that happened on TWC) is that most of this community doesn't trust their admins anymore. Most of us agree on things that happened there, that they are bullshit, and we are (probobly, at least for sure me) not going to waste any more time on TWC server, moreover we warn other players that want to try their server what may happen there. And all of people involved on the forums can give their opinion away.

Reaction of the community is the result of TWC admins actions. If you are sad with it, then you should talk with them, not us.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:12 pm 

IGN: Dampveivals
Current Life: 1.3 hrs
Time Alive: 716.8 hrs
Humanity: -462,507

Murders: 257
Bandit Kills: 163
Deaths: 189
Zombies Killed: 11,977

I'm a bandit!
Mad_Max wrote:
To Reiterate, i have locked the threads due to the dissolution of any progressive discussion, the issue was solved by Jay & Joe, and handled accordingly, people they felt should be notified were, i do not believe there will be any public announcement on anything. I'm not in any way trying to Censor you, i am trying to stop the blatant attacks on a TWC Member/Admin's character.

To me this is the most telling part. The fact that they just swept this under the carpet tells me that this has happened before and most likely happens on a regular basis (as you can also see from OMG's video of Joe).

The only thing I can gather from all this is that the TWC server is basically the TWC clan's playground where they are above the rules, and everyone else just has to comply or leave. Of course that is their choice, but they can't expect new players on the server to put up with it.

All this just makes me realize how extremely well-run ZeroSurvival was...

Also, according to Mad_Max: uncovering abuse = blatant attack on character. You learn something new every day!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:01 pm 

IGN: Wojciech
Current Life: 21.2 hrs
Time Alive: 458.4 hrs
Humanity: -198,816

Murders: 93
Bandit Kills: 136
Zombies Killed: 4,476

I'm a bandit!
Quote:
(...)handled accordingly(...)

That's probobly the worst thing admins can do - be unclear about what they actually do. Sad it is so frequent in dayz. Generally speaking I would say that dayz admining level is way below many other games (with exeptions, like Seaweed who showed how that should really work, I consider him to be best admin I ever met in any game). Maybe because it requires much more attention of an admin, and therefore admin is way more exposed for situations in which he actually may abuse. Sadly TWC is quite simmilar to many other DayZ servers here.

I'm so sad about Tork, he actually was the first to discover that server, he played it when rest of ICD were having fun in overpoch. I would understand if they uncovered what happened there actually, maybe at least him would still have fun there, but the way they handeled the whole situation - including the fact that they are continuously closing threads on forums, while ingame they called us to go to the forums - is just ridiculous. Would be so much easier if they just told us to GTFO straight off because they don't want to deal with minded people (or just that they are not going to do anything about the situation at all, there wouldn't be reason for further discussion then).

I think this is just toxic combination of mass-loot+mass-player type of server admining with attempt to apply ZS gameplay principles (in fact not really successful yet as the base sizes shows).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:03 pm 

I'm a hero!
Well im just kinda frustrated. :(
Thought this could be a new home for all of us. :)
And first it looked so good. :lol:
Then i was gettin mad at all of you and TWC. :x
There was a chance of gettin a new big community. 8-)
I am not blaming anyone now. Sorry.

I will still try to improve TWC further. We now need clear rules.

Maybe u want to check out some of my videos. :!: Im trying to get better in cutting. :idea: Trying to catch some interesting fights. :twisted:

Wish u all good luck, it was a great time. :roll:
René

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd-lPFD2NBo&list=PLNaQbtiD52ergNMIzyvUt1tETOEHuTnvP

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd-lPFD2NBo&list=PLNaQbtiD52ergNMIzyvUt1tETOEHuTnvP[/youtube]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:26 pm 

IGN: [KR] Glored
Time Alive: 101.5 hrs
Humanity: -129,253

Murders: 73
Bandit Kills: 85
Deaths: 193
Zombies Killed: 1,983

I'm a bandit!
Uh, looks like some nice drama occured:D well if admins are a group of kiddos then there is no reason to attach to this server. Im waiting for new servers u play and give info even if its wasteland. I might still play on TWC but i dont play much dayz anyway and other KR aswell so till there is decent server to play its more of a hatius.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next