Time Alive: 367.1 hrs
Humanity: -171,385

Murders: 81
Bandit Kills: 87
Deaths: 82
Zombies Killed: 2,096

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
So, I'm here to promote a new Hardcore Server I recently found. I have been playing on it for about a week and a half now and I can tell you it is definitly worth a try:

The Server is a mixture of Epidemic (a Mod focusing on crafting your own gear) and Epoch (here only the Basebuilding System is in use, there are NO Traders or any overpowered gear).

The loot is VERY rare despite there have been added about 30 new Barracks to the Server.
For example you will find about ONE assault rifle in 10 Barracks.

Most of the loot looks like garbage but can be used to craft many different things (craft bandages out of toilet paper).
Higher end gear like NVGs, GPS or even bigger backpacks like the Alice Pack and above must be crafted with items.

Completely unique to the Server is a Leveling System for your character:
Killing Zombies, NPCs or other players gives you experience which makes you able to craft higher gear or gives you new abilites. E.g. you can only repair vehicles when you reach level 8!
When you are killed, you lose some of your EXP which normally sets you back one level.

The best weapons on the server are the M240 and the M14 which can be mounted with different scopes to your likes. But especially the scopes are so rare I haven even found an ACOG scope yet.
The best cars you can get are Urals, unarmored Humvees and DShkM Pickups.

The Basebuilding objects are from Epoch but there is a new snapping tool implemented, which allows you to place any object any way you like, lets you snap together most of the objects and also makes it very easy to build on your own as you can move while placing an object without moving it.
The admins and I are working on an implementation of the removal of walls and floors similar to the one we had on ZS.
There are safes and lockboxes but they can be cracked open.

There are some NPC missions which have different levels of difficulty.

In general the server feels much more like a survival simulation then the PvP we had on ZS but that may be the case since there are mostly friendly players on the server at the moment.

The server has a 3-step combat logging policy: Warning, 24h-Ban, Perma-Ban

The admins are completely fair and try to create a server which is hard to play on but also keeps being fun due to the many new options you have. The server is not completed yet and the admins are open for suggestions and improvements.

If you have further questions, you can either make a post here or contact me or one of the admins (Archi, shinySonic, Seg) on the SurvivalCore TS: 188.40.87.134

Server Name: *NEW* SurvivalCore #4 | VfG Epoch -mod=@DayZ_Epidemic 1.0.5.1
Server IP: 212.227.134.248:2302

Post subject: Re: Hardcore Epidemic/Epoch Server
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:57 am 

IGN: Wojciech
Current Life: 21.2 hrs
Time Alive: 458.4 hrs
Humanity: -198,816

Murders: 93
Bandit Kills: 136
Deaths: 168
Zombies Killed: 4,476

I'm a bandit!
Sounds very interesting from your description.
I'll definatelly give it a shot, but still I don't want to pay so much attention to dayz anymore like in the past.
How is the player count?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:36 pm 

IGN: Nice Guy Eddie
Current Life: 8.2 hrs

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
The player count is only at 4-6 at the moment. The Server has been up now for 4 weeks. Sadly not many people want to play hardcore DayZ but the fast PvP Overpoch mod.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:52 am 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs
Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
how does the saftcracking work?

cracking lockboxes by guessing the code takes you an hr, guessing safe combinations takes you about 16 if i remember correct ^^ if not even more.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:07 am 

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
Safes and Lockboxes can be cracked open by using a "Hotwire Kit" which is a rare Epoch item. there is a 10% chance the safe opens. The hotwire kit is always used up. You can then empty the safe until the server restart but you are not able to steal the safe itself. Lockboxes should have a 20% chance I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:11 pm 

I'm a bandit!
I must say I really like the settings of server.
Too bad the player count is low, and that's the issue.
But so far I was really satisfied seeing:
-nice weapon attachment system for weapons - something new for me in mod, quite simmilar to standalone
-tough loottables
-crafting
-bots that go unconcious (thats really tricky, you think that they are dead but they aren't)
-epoch basebuilding!!! without traders - I think I even mentioned on this forum that this is kind of my dream for a server in dayz (must be really tough to build a base without trading, collecting cinderblocks is so much harder than collecting tanktraps).

Well, if only player count went up I believe this would be very good server setting-wise. Didn't have chance to see admin in action yet, but I like that (so far) I see no donor crap at all. I don't see even option for donor-crap, they only encourage players to donate if they like server. I may be wrong there, as I don't know german and cant understand most of their website, but this is quite rare in dayz world :P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:01 pm 

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
There are no donor benefits for the server.

As wojos said, farming cinder blocks is really hard but also gives you the only real protection against break-ins. Wood walls are MUCH easier to break through.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:45 am 

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I spend some time there yesterday and it was great fun =)

a bit empty but I still managed to get shot at by some guy who then had to run once he realized who he was messing with XD

We took about 2 hrs to clear out an IKEA mission and if that wasnt hard i dont know what is. I have to admit we did not have scopes though ^^ Gotta love the trusty lee enfield. If you can see them you can kill them.

The leveling and crafting is also very nice as well as the additions to basebuilding.

The map might have a lot of barracks and stuff and theres roaming AI but getting good gear is pretty hard.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:21 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Hey guys,

Just sending some pictures showing the features of the server. It is really fun, actually surprisingly fun even if there aren't many players. The good news is that it is getting a littlebit more populated - we had some 10 stable players for many hours last days.

Here's a crafting menu:

There are 2 types on crafting on server - one on the picture, with which you can make most of basic stuff like bigger backpack but also some advanced things. And second one - from epoch (crafting wood crates, tents, building materials etc). The mixture of them both makes stuff really hard - imagine making a metal floor - you have to gather 32 scrap metals to craft 16 metal poles + 16 tank traps. After a week we didn't make single floor yet :P

Level system:
Allows you to craft things with particular levels, it also contains abilities like bloodbagging and repairng cars. You gain level by killing zeds/npc's/players.

Weapon attachment system (bottom right corner):
A littlebit simmilar to one from standalone. You never find a gun with attachments already (exept weapons that don't exist without them like SVD or CZ550.
It's funny to operate M16/M4 with iron sight (without a carrying handle, so you have actually no idea where to point. :P The good thing is scopes are extremaly rare, I have trouble finding those. If you find one, you will have to repair it aswell (which is not that hard anymore, but still raises the difficulty).

And here's some epic basebuilding, possible by mixture of epoch basebuilding and some additions like "pro snapping 1.4":

That's about it. Just found that base a minute ago and I must say this is some of best basebuilding I've seen so far.

The nice thing about community apart that it is really stable (everyday you will see same faces no-lifing all day :P), is that many of players are friendly. Lack of traders of epoch not only makes things really tough, but also brings back beloved trading between players! It is so cool to negotiate your prices and then just trade face to face, like in old ZS times.

Let me add that dying drops your level (today i dropped from 26 to 23), which is great for avoiding people who kill themselves all the time to spawn in right place.

EDIT:
One more picture from yesterday's fun - including best car on the server (there are 2 of them):
It has a special script (but I don't know the key that activates it) that allows that car (red one ;P:P ) to drive 150km/h. I've been driving with the owner of the car with that speed - it's quite impressive :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:42 pm 

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I heared Eberteby has already played on this server a little before we started.

How did you like it?/What got you to not playing there anymore?

I would realy love to see you guys give it a testdrive =)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:53 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
Seemed like a good server, talked for a couple of hours with the admin aswell about several things. The additional airfeeld looked amazing, the rarity of loot inside the barracks was a +. Ran into a friendly guy at the airfield who was rocking a nice looking motorbike. Didn't play enough to experience the basebuilding / leveling up proces though. After killing 2/3 AI on the airfield, the last one shot me in the head and I died, quit after that as i still don't think there should be AI in DayZ. But that's the only negative thing i can say.

I'm just afraid DayZ isn't the game as it used to be for me anymore. Played it way too much, I just don't get the thrill / have the patience anymore to build something up :)

But for those who think they would still enjoy DayZ, give this server a try I would say.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:06 pm 

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
MM you guys should come check this out. We need more players but even with 5-15 active ones right now it never gets boring.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:46 pm 

IGN: Investoren
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
Havent tried it out yet. But to me it seems more like dayz turning into a MMO game on this server/mod.
I quit playing MMOs 10years ago, and kinda wanna keep it like that :P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:59 am 

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
Well its also friendly so no "resource denial" ^^ Steal what you can but dont granade bases.

Might not be the right server for you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:53 pm 

IGN: Investoren
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
Benuar wrote:
Well its also friendly so no "resource denial" ^^ Steal what you can but dont granade bases.

Might not be the right server for you.

:( I for sure need to be able to destroy everything inside a base!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:21 pm 

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
Then youll be wrong here =) This is a very friendly environment.

Winners drive losers to the bodys after fights (after taking the valuables ofcourse) and if i pop a wheel or need some food i can walk by my enemys base and they will give me a hand before we go back to fighitng each other.

This does not mean that we dont place proximity mines around each others bases and break in and steal what ever we can but we will not carry out 50 morphine just so the enemy have none. And crusing boxes is pointless anyway as a woodbox just takes 2 minutes of woodchopping.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:18 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Server has no longer Epidemic mod, we switched to Epoch for more players (and already after 1 day we see a lot of new faces), but all the mods (exept for 2 muscle cars) are same - ShinyZ custom crafting, level system, blowouts, modded basebuilding, weapon attachment system its all still there - the server will inform you tho that you have to download files from their site to get full experiance.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:00 am 

IGN: Kerbo
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 0

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: -1
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm a bandit!
I've been having a lot of fun on this server. It's definitely a unique experience. If you're one of the few that enjoy a DayZ experience that is about hardcore survival then give it a shot.

The first episode of a series on this server (mods please remove if this is not allowed)