Current Life: 3.1 hrs
Time Alive: 53.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 11
Zombies Killed: 269

I'm not a bandit!
So i've been having this issue for a while now, im not sure what triggered it. It happens after i install the update, but it also happens when i revert back to a previous version.

Whenever I join a lobby and battleye initializes (ONLY AFTER it initializes) i start to lag and my ping jumps from 10-30 to 500, then to 700, then finally battleye will kick me off at around 2000. I have tried servers without battleye and they work just fine, its really strange :/

Things i have tried so far:
Restart/Reinstall arma 2/AO/Dayzmod/Battleye, Mess around with my router settings, Try it without my firewall on, Give arma 2/AO/Dayzmod/Dayz commander full access via firewall settings, Restart my pc, Restart my router , Revert to previous patch

if anyone has any info i would appreciate it! I tried asking on reddit and the dayz forums, but all i get is for answers is "whats your pc specs" and "omg im having the same problem".

:/

EDIT: this goes for any arma 2 server, not just dayz

Post subject: Re: Not much of a server issue, battleye is causing high pin
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:58 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
shandrew82 wrote:
So i've been having this issue for a while now, im not sure what triggered it. It happens after i install the update, but it also happens when i revert back to a previous version.

Whenever I join a lobby and battleye initializes (ONLY AFTER it initializes) i start to lag and my ping jumps from 10-30 to 500, then to 700, then finally battleye will kick me off at around 2000. I have tried servers without battleye and they work just fine, its really strange :/

Things i have tried so far:
Restart/Reinstall arma 2/AO/Dayzmod/Battleye, Mess around with my router settings, Try it without my firewall on, Give arma 2/AO/Dayzmod/Dayz commander full access via firewall settings, Restart my pc, Restart my router , Revert to previous patch

if anyone has any info i would appreciate it! I tried asking on reddit and the dayz forums, but all i get is for answers is "whats your pc specs" and "omg im having the same problem".

:/

EDIT: this goes for any arma 2 server, not just dayz

My advice was gonna be I saw someone else on reddit asking about it then I realised it was probably you D:

I'm a linux man usually but there's probably some connection monitoring software for windows that'll show you bandwidth usuage per program maybe so you can contact BE and show them what its doing

Hope you get to the bottom of it dude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:14 am 

IGN: Lt. Shan Drew
Current Life: 3.1 hrs
Time Alive: 53.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 11
Zombies Killed: 269

I'm not a bandit!
figured it out!!!!! Apparently my antivirus didn't like the 1.191 update for battleye. The previous version of battleye ran just fine, but the recent update apparently was "suspicious" so my anti virus tried to not let it do its thing, causing the mega-lag.

See you guys soon!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
shandrew82 wrote:
figured it out!!!!! Apparently my antivirus didn't like the 1.191 update for battleye. The previous version of battleye ran just fine, but the recent update apparently was "suspicious" so my anti virus tried to not let it do its thing, causing the mega-lag.

See you guys soon!!! :D

That's good to hear dude, see you online soon I hope