Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
Hope i'm posting in the right place.
So today I was happily running around Berezino shooting every zombie in sight with my AK when suddenly I ended up 15 foot in the air, fall, then die. I wasn't too sure what happened at first but another player said he had it happen to him when he put on a camo skin. I was wearing this funky-ass soldier skin at the time so skins could probably be the culprit. I had been fine for the last day or so wearing it though, strange that it should happen now.

Hopefully this can be fixed. Would be a shame to find skins but be too scared to risk wearing them.

Post subject: Re: Killer skins!?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
tomisafish wrote:
Hope i'm posting in the right place.
So today I was happily running around Berezino shooting every zombie in sight with my AK when suddenly I ended up 15 foot in the air, fall, then die. I wasn't too sure what happened at first but another player said he had it happen to him when he put on a camo skin. I was wearing this funky-ass soldier skin at the time so skins could probably be the culprit. I had been fine for the last day or so wearing it though, strange that it should happen now.

Hopefully this can be fixed. Would be a shame to find skins but be too scared to risk wearing them.

That'll be the "teleport protection" code the dayz guys added in the 1.7.6 patch, causes nothing but trouble :(

When you put on clothing or a backpack you are teleported to the debug zone and back momentarily, this causes the teleport detection script to get confused sometimes and repeatedly kill you. I've had it happen to me before when I've just been running along too though which sounds like what you had happen, probably connected to the DB sync issues this patch also has.

I've put on plenty of skins without the problem occurring though think it's just going to be another one of those glitches we all have to put up with occasionally cropping up till the next patch. I don't think there's anyway to disable the teleport protection code, so all servers are suffering the same issues but I'll have another look tonight, maybe updating reality will help.

Post subject: Re: Killer skins!?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:46 am 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
Whenever that happens, you can keep from dying(and therefore losing all your gear) by simply aborting out of the game/server. Then simply re-join and it should spawn you were you were. Unless you died, whether before or after the glitch, then it should spawn you somewhere new along the coast. That "fix" has saved me countless times, although I have luckily not had this happen to me recently.