Current Life: 3.6 hrs
Time Alive: 40.1 hrs
Humanity: 2,820

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 9
Zombies Killed: 484

I'm not a bandit!
Firstly no major problems here as I managed to run back to my police car and dead body and retrieve all my goodies (minus my skin ofc)

When the 16.00 hours reset took place today (18/03/13) I exited as always, went back into the server and upon entry, as I was screaming weeeeeee as my little avatar fell to earth, I heard the horrible bone crunching sound of, well err bone crunching, the next thing I saw was Foo was killed in the corner followed by the You are dead screen :-(
After an hours trek I managed to find my corpse and car and, wow its still hard to talk about this, the carnage of poor lil' Foo crushed under the front of the vehicle, the blood, <sniff>.

Anyway just thought I'd mention this in case it's a known issue or if there is something I should do before server resets whilst driving in a car ?!? Maybe get out and move away when the minute warning comes up.

I had to torch the car as it no longer had the feel of a new car and the new car scent just wasn't doing its thing.

Foo (III)

Post subject: Re: Death by server reset
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:44 pm 

No Gamer Profile
i always get out and log off before server restart. there is always a higher chance that a dayz bug will bite u in the ass if you log out under a tree or log out while youre in a building or vehicle.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:18 pm 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
This sounds like the bug caused by the anti-tele-port script when you change skins. Although I've never been able to recover my gear from one of those glitches as I usually get teleported out in the ocean before falling to my demise. This is the first I hear of someone getting teleported to the air above their current location. Are you sure you weren't riding inside of your car before the restart or as you aborted? We have had that happen before where some people got crushed by their vehicles spawning on top of them, or if they spawned inside their car(glitched standing up, phased through the vehicle). In the case of the teleport bug, if you're quick, you can just abort again before you hit the ground and you should be ok when you log in again. With the vehicle glitch, you can quickly try to scroll your mouse wheel to get the option to enter the vehicle and enter it. Most of the time, you should be ok.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm 

IGN: Foo
Current Life: 3.6 hrs
Time Alive: 40.1 hrs
Humanity: 2,820

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 9
Zombies Killed: 484

I'm not a bandit!
I was indeed whizzing along in my car when the server closed down and on reset my corpse was crushed under the car.
Cheers for the heads up, I'll make sure I'm well clear in future.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:51 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Incidentally I saw clan [m4] calling omen an abusive admin because of this bug in chat recently think they thought he did it to them with rcon :lol:

Now I have basebuilding etc in place there's some other updates I'll be applying to the server soon which might help at least reduce the frequency of this bug occurring.