Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Base Building Issues

Post subject: Base Building Issues
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:14 pm 

No Gamer Profile
1. You get kicked when trying to build the biggest camo netting. BE kick, I forget the exact #. Something about vehicle create.

2. Gate panel key codes do not work after server restart. You place a concrete wall normally, place a info panel (aka key code panel) and you are given a code to open and close the concrete wall. The code works fine until the server restarts. After that, you are given the message "!!! ACCESS DENIED !!!" any time you try to use the key code. I checked the database and the object unique_id is still the same, the owner is the same, but for some reason, the panel will not grant access.

We will have to test these bugs tonight on the test server.

Post subject: Re: Base Building Issues
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
1. You get kicked when trying to build the biggest camo netting. BE kick, I forget the exact #. Something about vehicle create.

2. Gate panel key codes do not work after server restart. You place a concrete wall normally, place a info panel (aka key code panel) and you are given a code to open and close the concrete wall. The code works fine until the server restarts. After that, you are given the message "!!! ACCESS DENIED !!!" any time you try to use the key code. I checked the database and the object unique_id is still the same, the owner is the same, but for some reason, the panel will not grant access.

We will have to test these bugs tonight on the test server.

Yup, the BE kicks should be a quick fix although the BB page mentioned camo netting issues in general.

The codepad issue we can definitely try and fix, later tonight. The bug I'm most concerned with atm is the random objects that are turning into booby traps though. I really don't want to have to keep the traps disabled.

When I get home tonight my plan is to continue debugging on the test server...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Found a fix for that bug, hopefully some of the other issues we can clear up when we test later too

Quote:
Also for those with broken codes after restart and OR running Reality Build (1.7.6.1)

Add
Code:
_object setVariable ["ObjectUID", _worldspace call dayz_objectUID2, true];
in your "dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf";

Right above:
Code:
if ((_object isKindOf "Static") && !(_object isKindOf "TentStorage")) then {

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:30 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Yeah I forgot to mention "Az" or whatever his name is (MaX_BakeD) blew up when he was in Balota really late last night lol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:32 pm 

No Gamer Profile
yeah, i was browsing 3 of his threads on multiple forums looking for a fix by him or another user. I was about to post that fix. We will work on it tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
Yeah I forgot to mention "Az" or whatever his name is (MaX_BakeD) blew up when he was in Balota really late last night lol

Yeah I commented out the detonate line in the code this morning till we get the bug fixed, tried all of daimyo's fixes already so gonna have to try and find one of my own tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:28 am 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
The bug where you get kicked when trying to build the biggest Camo net is back again, unfortunately. Encountered it last night.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:11 am 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
Just encountered a bug with BB. Opened up my base and drove in a vehicle into it. Was trying to close it back up, but it wasn't letting me build anything at all. Kept getting a message saying I was either moving too fast, in combat, or opened my gear while trying to build. I was just standing still, not moving at all during these messages. I decided to relog to see if that would fix the issue. It did, but I lost the materials that were currently in my inventory. 6 Tank Traps, 2 Scrap Metal. Weak.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
AdjustedJunk wrote:
Just encountered a bug with BB. Opened up my base and drove in a vehicle into it. Was trying to close it back up, but it wasn't letting me build anything at all. Kept getting a message saying I was either moving too fast, in combat, or opened my gear while trying to build. I was just standing still, not moving at all during these messages. I decided to relog to see if that would fix the issue. It did, but I lost the materials that were currently in my inventory. 6 Tank Traps, 2 Scrap Metal. Weak.

Next time go prone or crouch first, the current host has performance issues atm