Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Info Panel Trouble Shooting

Post subject: Info Panel Trouble Shooting
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:32 am 

No Gamer Profile
I fired up the test server and went to see if I could figure out the info panel issue but I have no idea where to look. Nothing is being sent to the database. I am monitoring changes to the database, but its just not writing. If you wanna show me where to look in the files, I will be more than happy to see if I can figure it out.

[edit]
I am looking in here now: \MPMissions\dayz_1.chernarus\

[edit]
I was able to manually add an info panel into the database and it shows up in game after a restart however, the code entered is never recognized as being correct.

Post subject: Re: Info Panel Trouble Shooting
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:00 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
I fired up the test server and went to see if I could figure out the info panel issue but I have no idea where to look. Nothing is being sent to the database. I am monitoring changes to the database, but its just not writing. If you wanna show me where to look in the files, I will be more than happy to see if I can figure it out.

[edit]
I am looking in here now: \MPMissions\dayz_1.chernarus\

[edit]
I was able to manually add an info panel into the database and it shows up in game after a restart however, the code entered is never recognized as being correct.

If you read the basebuilding threads I don't think anyone has managed to get fully working infopanels, object removal via the number is also an issue.

I don't have the time to try and troubleshoot these issues, especially when the mod will likely be totally broken and removed once the new DayZ patch is released.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:22 am 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
Do you mean if there is a new patch our bases will be useless or will you wait with updating to the new patch untill it is fixed?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:18 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Eberteby wrote:
Do you mean if there is a new patch our bases will be useless or will you wait with updating to the new patch untill it is fixed?

It is likely that the new DayZ patch will break basebuilding and a lot of the other mods we are running, normally within a week everything can be used again, usually the code only requires small changes to sort out but not always.

I will more than likely be updating the server to the new patch as soon as it is released, I would like to use the opportunity to see how the server is performing under higher player counts without the basebuilding and other mods running, before adding each mod back one at a time.

Once the basebuilding code is updated I will make the changes required to bring it in, can't guarantee any timescales but I can't imagine it being for more than a week.

For players who do have an existing bases I can teleport them to their items whilst their base is inaccessible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:36 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Seaweed wrote:
I will more than likely be updating the server to the new patch as soon as it is released, I would like to use the opportunity to see how the server is performing under higher player counts without the basebuilding and other mods running, before adding each mod back one at a time.

Excellent idea!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:59 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!