Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
This was back last night. The restart helped a bit, but people were still reporting issues with loot and Zeds not spawning in certain areas. I myself was in the Polana factory for a few hours and had no Zeds spawning at all, with a few loot spawns not cycling(though most were working fine). After a while, loot stopped respawning altogether @ the factory, so I left.

Post subject: Re: Loot/Zed spawning issues.
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:07 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
AdjustedJunk wrote:
This was back last night. The restart helped a bit, but people were still reporting issues with loot and Zeds not spawning in certain areas. I myself was in the Polana factory for a few hours and had no Zeds spawning at all, with a few loot spawns not cycling(though most were working fine). After a while, loot stopped respawning altogether @ the factory, so I left.

None of our server mods should affect the spawning of zeds and certainly not the spawn rate on loot, this is purely dayz mod being dayz mod. I haven't made any changes for a long time which could affect this.

"OMFG WTF ADMIN THERES NO LOOT" is the dayz admins most reported issue, you will hear it from one player whilst the rest of the map is happily acquiring loot and being chased by zombies. I know when I've seen the issue before all I've had to do is relog and loot started to spawn as usual for me.

I will take a look through server side logs and performance data and see if there's anything I can do. One thing I do know is that loot spawning is affected by player count, less players on the server means less loot locations in general will have loot at them, like the problem you describe with some loot points at the factory having loot when others did not.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:24 pm 

IGN: Investoren
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
I was online during the entire night and asked AdjustedJunk if there was anything wrong with loot/zeds. I wandered over the entire NEAF (FS, all hangars, barrack, control tower etc), without even finding as much as an arrow on the ground, nor even 1 single zed!. Same happened in krashnostav. The entire shop was totally empty, no food nor drinks to be found.

Edit:
We where 4-5 players online that time, so if its dependent on the player amount, I guess its not too wierd tho :P

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Investoren wrote:
I was online during the entire night and asked AdjustedJunk if there was anything wrong with loot/zeds. I wandered over the entire NEAF (FS, all hangars, barrack, control tower etc), without even finding as much as an arrow on the ground, nor even 1 single zed!. Same happened in krashnostav. The entire shop was totally empty, no food nor drinks to be found.

Edit:
We where 4-5 players online that time, so if its dependent on the player amount, I guess its not too wierd tho.

There should always still be some loot just not loot at all points, just trying to say there's not really a lot I can do about this right now. I haven't made any changes which could cause it and I don't have any errors in the server logs that I can troubleshoot.

I could rebuild the whole server without any of the mods but I don't think you guys would like that.

I'll make a few small changes later that might help but I'm basically guessing. In future I suggest re logging to see if it helps and let me know via TS next time you see it again. I definitely haven't had the problem myself for a long time.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
One more thing, if you travel to places in a vehicle they will never spawn loot. You need to park a decent distance away and travel in on foot.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:17 pm 

IGN: Deathdude
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 96.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 14
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 26
Zombies Killed: 2,053

I'm not a bandit!
if there arn't many people online, once you get within 300m of the place your getting to CRAWL there, it used to be that loot started spawning if a player was within 300m of a spawn location and no closer then 30 m. And it used to take up to 10 minutes for a pile to spawn (if its going to spawn that is). I don't know if this is still the case, but loot deffo doesn't spawn if your on top of the site and it definatly doesn't spawn all piles at once instantly, so crawling to the spot (say a barracks) might be beneficial in getting loot piles.