Current Life: 0.4 hrs
Time Alive: 0.4 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 4

I'm not a bandit!
In my oppinion the new patch is highly unplayable. Apart from zombies being really strong an loot scarsely spawning, the bugs are far too many. (None of this is seaweeds fault of course) Bloodbagging not being available with zombies being the threat they now are makes playing alone almost impossible. I'm not gonna go into further bugs, but i think it'd be a good idea to downgrade the server to 1.7.6.1 until the hotfixes come in. (i do not trust the dayz guys to put them out reliably in the next few days). Maybe tune up the chopper/plane count, let us have fun, of course it deviates from what the server usually is, but the long term people will understand the reasoning and appreciate the variation (in my oppinion). Of course i can only speak for myself. I myself will leave this version of the Dayz on its own until it gets fixed.What do you guys think; Downgrade the server?

Post subject: Re: New Patch Issues / Idea
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:17 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
It took me about 15-30 minutes to find animals to eat to regain health from about 1K back to 12K earlier. Almost faster than proning in to a town and trying to find a bloodbag that might not be there.

It is impossible to play the new patch how we played the old one and while I agree there are a few things pretty broken it can still be played but you just have to approach things in a completely different way.

Most annoying 2 things for me are:

1 - Being made to stand up when going in to a building prone. Im not sure if this has always been a problem but it is annoying for me atm.
2 - Zombies spawning in/roamin in to building that I want to loot. Especially buildings with 1 door.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:21 pm 

No Gamer Profile
I am not sure about downgrading but the loot tables really need work. seaweed is saying that the spawning is bugged at the moment and i hope reality will have a build+fix out asap. i wont be playing until the hotfix is out, or at least no where near as much.

the addition of antibiotics to your starting load out helps a lot and whether you like it or not, encourages PVP because I want your antibiotics.

with the lower average life expectancy, i think we need more vehicles to get us places faster.

tomisafish wrote:
It took me about 15-30 minutes to find animals to eat to regain health from about 1K back to 12K earlier. Almost faster than proning in to a town and trying to find a bloodbag that might not be there.

how long did it take you to find the matches and hatchet and hunting knife so you could re-gen your blood?

i played for hours last night and found one knife, never found matches and found 1 hatchet this is of course over the span of 3 lives.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:08 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Ya, i had to get eby to cook it xD I will admit that. Didn't get matches until we killed MM in Polana. Worst part of the game right now is basic gearing up. Knife was quite easy. I have seen a few in industrial buildings. Hatchet was a bit harder. Once you have a bag you can stick your gun in and a hatchet things get a little easier it seems.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:26 pm 

No Gamer Profile
i feel bad for the lone wolves...the survivalists. they are going to get gunned down constantly especially if they have their gun in their bag and only their hatchet out. easy pickings. they turned this into a squad v squad game with this latest update.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:43 pm 

I'm a bandit!
When I talk about use of a hatchet like that I basicly mean for looting. You can get in to a building fast by running and just kill ever zombie that walks in with hatchet, switch back to gun, loot, get out. Relentless zombies are an ass for getting away from lootspawns though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
If the dayzmod guys haven't updated it within a few days I can run a second instance on the old patch... I'm predicting they patch it friday or saturday though and things like infection rate will be improved. Take the time to improve your game whilst its at its hardest because even after another patch it's going to be more this direction...

Hopefully the bloodbagging problem should be fixed by the next server restart...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:12 am 

IGN: DrChino
Time Alive: 46.9 hrs
Humanity: 147

Murders: 42
Bandit Kills: 14
Deaths: 99
Zombies Killed: 983

I'm not a bandit!
I do like the idea of the new patch, it breathes some new life in to it and makes the zombies a real threat (as they should be). As everyone says though, just gotta iron out the issues.

We should have a challenge... fire the loudest gun you can at NWA and see how long you survive in one of the hangers!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:03 am 

IGN: Julien
Current Life: 0.4 hrs
Time Alive: 0.4 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 4

I'm not a bandit!
On a related note, when are our mods coming back onto the server sea?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:55 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
The server architecture is far from stable right now

- Reality has still not received an official patch, the developer is on vacation. There is a test update from the community I am going to try out tonight, this is going to mean down time and possibly re-spawning all the vehicles again. A reality patch is essential for the stability of all server database interactions.
- There is new anti cheat protection in this patch that stops clients being able to run remote executes, this currently breaks A LOT of community made functionality. That's not to say the community won't find a way round this issue but it's not going to happen over night, smarter people than me have been looking at this since the patch was released.
- The mod itself has several game breaking issues that need to be fixed, I cannot do this the dayzmod guys need to. There is no point in me adding a mass of additional updates to the server right now only to have to repeat all of the work again after the hotfix. Things like - infection percentages, knockdown chances, zombie agro are all completely out of my remit, unless you want to pay me to write my own mod... Loot tables I can help with after a lot of work, but its clear the current table is so broken it will need an update anyway.

I am going to try and find some time this weekend (in between trying to move houses) to update some aspects, reality, the map, the dynamic crash sites, debug monitor. If a dayzmod patch is not on the horizon after that I will look at fixing loot tables a little so there's more antibiotics etc. Every single mod requires customization, tweaking and most importantly proper testing. This is not a quick process and you are never going to see all these additions instantly reappear in one go.

Some guys are really jumping the gun though, not having a go at anyone in particular its great that people miss all the additions but I've been asked some very unreasonable things recently. Let's remember that this dayzmod patch took a community of developers months to put together and test. Sending me messages asking me to "fix the zombies now" etc is not possible, direct your criticisms at the people who brought you the patch in the first place so they update it.

Personally I like a lot of aspects of this patch, you need to learn to adapt your game for sure but if you can master it now whilst it's at it's most challenging and buggy it will pay dividends in the future once it's been tweaked.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:22 am 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
Take your time I would say Seaweed, it indeed has no use to spent hours of work on something you would need to re do again next week if they release an update, I'm sure the people, or atleast the smart ones will have no problem with this :)

If you need help for testing, let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:17 am 

IGN: Rousch
Current Life: 14.0 hrs
Time Alive: 228.2 hrs
Humanity: 2,875

Murders: 10
Bandit Kills: 3
Deaths: 51
Zombies Killed: 1,834

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm not a bandit!
I kinda like the new patch in some ways, even though lonewolfing does suck a bit more now. Personally I haven't found a problem finding antibiotics, I found 8 on the platform at Kamenka station the other night, a few in the Balota ATC, even some on Timma's dead body.
I do find the relentlessness of the Zeds a bit much, and they are tricky to lose but I found running up a steep hill making them walk then running back down through them causes them to fall and die, meaning I loot them without firing a shot.
I do miss the Debug Monitor though, just because I want a better view of my blood levels when I am running and have to decide when to bandage.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
I think part of the problem is people haven't realised a lot of the things about the game we have been so used to, some of us for over a year now have totally changed. You can't run everywhere anymore, you can't even crouch run to avoid zeds when you are looting only crouch walk or crawl. Using steep hills to kill zeds without expending ammo is indeed a very handy trick. Hatchet is also the best weapon in this patch, pine tree + hatchet = hours of win.

The more I look at the new loot tables the more I also see there are a mass of changes (over 2000 new loot points for example). This means that loot in general is distributed over a much wider area in towns and you need to get used to checking these new spots. Check out dog houses, and the new random loot piles that spawn in gardens, red barns etc. Not to mention check the loot the zombies themselves are dropping....

http://dayzdb.com/map Have updated their loot information and it could help with this. Some things are definitely broken though (medical loot only has a 20% chance of spawning at hospitals currently).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:31 pm 

No Gamer Profile
vehicle wrecks are supposed to spawn loot so dont forget to check there too.