Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I guess its due to previously mentioned overloads on the server with basebuilding and stuff but in the past couple of days it has taken forever to relog after death or log back in when it gets close to a restart with high player count.

Post subject: Re: Issues before server restart
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:38 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Benuar wrote:
I guess its due to previously mentioned overloads on the server with basebuilding and stuff but in the past couple of days it has taken forever to relog after death or log back in when it gets close to a restart with high player count.

Nothing too much I can do for this I'm afraid, its the reason we need donations towards a hardware upgrade and even then with the current number of basebuilding objects in the level problems are still a possibility.

Nothing has changed over the past few days that should make the problem any worse, certainly I've always noticed it at 35+ players over the half hour or so of the server being up. I could add more frequent restarts but I'm not sure how much that will really help, plus restarts themselves bring their own issues + 5 extra minutes of server downtime whilst it loads all the objects.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:36 am 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs
Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I think we can all handle the issue ok, extra restarts will probably not make it any better as you previously mentioned.

My main target with this post is to raise awareness for the issues that come from to much basebuilding. Maybe some of the hardcore basebuilding defenders will change their mind when they see how much better a basebuilding reset would be for the server.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:51 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Benuar wrote:
I think we can all handle the issue ok, extra restarts will probably not make it any better as you previously mentioned.

My main target with this post is to raise awareness for the issues that come from to much basebuilding. Maybe some of the hardcore basebuilding defenders will change their mind when they see how much better a basebuilding reset would be for the server.

1.8.1 should give us all a good example of that, we'll all be able to see the impact it has as I will be running the server initially without the basebuilding. That's why its important for us to hit 35-50 players on the new patch, and why I'll turn the basebuilding server off if people are still playing 1.8 instead.